Cheapest funeral home in Letcher Co.

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Help Please

Manchester, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2009
Does anyone know which funeral home in Letcher County is the cheapest.
Just Me

Jackson, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2009
Both of them will let you make payment. As for the cheapest i can't say. Sorry that you have to deal with this at all!! Both have nice people that will help you any way they can. Again i'm sorry for your loss.
ticked off

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Aug 27, 2009
I would think Letcher would have to be. I recently had a death in my family and made the mistake of picking everidge. I have never been treated so bad in my life I was rushed from the time I stepped in the door and feeled full of lies. So even if it costs more I would go with Letcher at least they do seem to care. And from what everidge charged I really dont think letcher could be any higher.
kmn

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2009
back in the day, both funeral homes were owned by the same people.. and they absolutely loved that the county was split on which was better quality and which was a better deal. competition is always a good thing for businesses.

i don't know if they're still owned by the same folks.

i have no idea which is cheaper, and i'm sorry to hear of your loss, too
hmmm

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2009
I don't think they are still owned by the same people... both are nice. Letcher was just a little more understanding of the feelings envolved with a death. you could feel that they cared about the familys49 feelings and wishes.
kmn

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 27, 2009
to be honest, i kinda got the same feeling about everidge. i've never been to letcher. i figure it's just how well the people know you / know of you, and what kinda people they are.

that younger guy at everidge was a turd the first few times i came across him. eventually he was polite.

overall everidge wasn't horrible... just a little insensitive like you said.
Me Again

Manchester, KY

#7 Aug 28, 2009
Thanks everyone.

I have spoken to both and they were both willing to work with me. Overall, I will probably choose Letcher because they were a little less expensive and very flexible on amount of monthly payment, etc.
Yo Mamma

Lexington, KY

#8 Aug 28, 2009
Letcher is WONDERFUL the staff is very welcoming and seem to be willing to do what they can to help you in your time of need. Everidge is RUDE and more expensive.
country boy

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2009
i really like letcher funeral home i happen to know them personally i went to school with them the two younger ones and they are really great ppl we had my grandmothers funeral there and my fathers in early august they are very caring and understanding they will let u llook everything over and take the time for u and your family so if u guys have to think it over i would advise u to always take your business to letcher because they do care!
gross

United States

#10 Sep 8, 2009
I can not believe we aee having this conversation!!!!! ok, if I had to bury a dog or another pet then I would be looking for the cheapest out. but a loved one!
mmmmmm

Jackson, KY

#11 Sep 8, 2009
gross wrote:
I can not believe we aee having this conversation!!!!! ok, if I had to bury a dog or another pet then I would be looking for the cheapest out. but a loved one!
First, you need to use your spell check button!!!!!!!And scents you have so much money maybe you can pay for the funeral for them!!!!!!!!!!
ticked off

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Sep 8, 2009
you should really be ashamed to say such a thing, so people do have to look for the best cheapest way to take care of a death, to me that they are looking for the cheapest just shows me that they cared enough about there loved one to do all that they could for them. You seem to be almost as rude as those a##holes at everidge funeral home.
QUOTE who="gross"]I can not believe we aee having this conversation!!!!! ok, if I had to bury a dog or another pet then I would be looking for the cheapest out. but a loved one!
lol

United States

#13 Sep 8, 2009
I agree i love the folks at letcher they seem more down to earth and dont look at u and judge u ...They dont think they are better than anyone and across the street they are only looking at the billfold to see what u can do for them...pathetic they just make u seem not good enough .I could say alot more but will leave it at that!!!!I hope u are pleased with your choice we have always been.....
XII

United States

#14 Sep 8, 2009
"I can not believe we aee having this conversation!!!!! ok, if I had to bury a dog or another pet then I would be looking for the cheapest out. but a loved one!"

Either someone who makes money in the buisness or a really bad, obvious attempt at phony self-righteousness. If you want to spend lots of cash as your idea of showing a dead loved one respect, it's your cash and that's nice. But there are ppl, like myself, who don't want a loved one to blow a huge amount of money on me when I die. I'd rather have the showing of love while I'm alive and when I died, save as much as you can and spend it on the living.. A box and a hole in the ground is sufficent.
Just my opinion

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2009
ticked off wrote:
I would think Letcher would have to be. I recently had a death in my family and made the mistake of picking everidge. I have never been treated so bad in my life I was rushed from the time I stepped in the door and feeled full of lies. So even if it costs more I would go with Letcher at least they do seem to care. And from what everidge charged I really dont think letcher could be any higher.
My family was rushed as well but it was from the fabulous bunch @ Letcher....I know we all have our down days, but you really need to be understanding, caring , & patient to work @ a funeral home.........To the Letcher bunch... I'm sorry you had to come in on a Saturday for us to select a casket..........
lol

United States

#16 Sep 9, 2009
mmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you need to use your spell check button!!!!!!!And scents you have so much money maybe you can pay for the funeral for them!!!!!!!!!!

it's not "scents", it's since. scents is something you smell. so use your grammar button.
mmmmmm

Jackson, KY

#17 Sep 9, 2009
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not "scents", it's since. scents is something you smell. so use your grammar button.
Thank you i will!!!!!!!!!!
Debbie

Phelps, KY

#18 Sep 9, 2009
This is one of the worst topix I have ever read. UUUUGGGHHH :(
TweedleDee

United States

#19 Sep 10, 2009
mmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of spell check, it's "since" and not "scents"
Wondering

United States

#20 Sep 10, 2009
I believe that Letcher Funeral Home is very respectful. We had my mamaw's funeral there. They were very understanding as far as payment options. They were also very helpful as far as the things that each of her children wanted to do for her service. It was way past time for the wake to be over and a lot of people were still there. Instead of being rude and trying to rush us out, they made us coffee and told us to take our time. Although it was a traumatic experience when we lost her, it was a beautiful service. Even their graveside manner was excellent. Here were the men from the home dressed in their suits in 90 degree weather shoveling dirt because some of the family was too emotional to do so. They are wonderful people and very caring. The only complaint that I have, which is kind of superficial, would be the hearse. It was a little tacky that they had a Cadillac Escalade hearse. But I guess that is a matter of personal tastes. I am very sorry for your loss and that it rests upon your shoulders, but I hope that whomever you chose was helpful and compassionate. Bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min another viewer 168,778
A-Jack 3 hr local 5
Election 3 hr conFused 21
Jenkins Rats 4 hr Yes 3
LCC Footbal 12 hr Football 4 Life 8
Tim Proffit 14 hr Etta 24
Sheriff 17 hr Voter 2

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages