No help

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Feb 26, 2013
We the people of Whitesburg are being overlooked, we are depending on neon ambulance service for our emergency care. Let me just say it is sad to know we have to wait 20 minutes or more for them to get to because they have to come from neon. Even worse I have heard on the scanner letcher requesting a medic guess what there's not one in our city but in neon. Nice to know how much neon cares about the other end if the county. It is time we make our voices known. We want our own ambulance service. We have a police and fire department so what is the difference
Paul

Whitesburg, KY

#2 Feb 26, 2013
No help wrote:
We the people of Whitesburg are being overlooked, we are depending on neon ambulance service for our emergency care. Let me just say it is sad to know we have to wait 20 minutes or more for them to get to because they have to come from neon. Even worse I have heard on the scanner letcher requesting a medic guess what there's not one in our city but in neon. Nice to know how much neon cares about the other end if the county. It is time we make our voices known. We want our own ambulance service. We have a police and fire department so what is the difference
During each shift change the ambulance based in Whitesburg goes to Neon so that employees can clock in and clock out. This at minimum leaves an hour or longer of time with no ambulance in Whitesburg. During the daytime most every ambulance is tied up taking dialysis patients some of which do not really need transported by ambulance to dialysis treatments. Anytime a call comes in from Cumberland River the crew from Whitesburg usually goes. Sadly all of these reasons leave the citizenry of Whitesburg without ambulance availability most of the time.
Idiots

Whitesburg, KY

#3 Feb 26, 2013
yeah if a call come in on Cumberland River they have to go, but that's part of it, there are more then just you alive in the world, they cant wait around. However, for you info 20 minutes in still 10 minutes under the state guidelines, the state guidelines require that 30 or less is acceptable response times. In the city of Lexington, people wait up to 30 and 45 minutes for ambulance services to respond, I live there so I know first hand. Neon does a wonderful job and average response times on all there runs is 20 minutes, go ahead and look at Letcher Ambulance, their times are 30 to 35 minutes. Neon has paramedics and they can do just as much as an ER and prob better then Whitesburg ARH. Letcher always gets a medic to tell when they ask for one.
Yeah

Whitesburg, KY

#4 Feb 26, 2013
all ambulance services does dialysis runs, all ambulance services do doctors appointments.
Forgotten

Whitesburg, KY

#5 Feb 26, 2013
We are the forgotten co.
we have no co. cops or ambulance. Its every person for themselves. we take our sick to the hospital and shoot the people who try to harm us.
para-god

Prestonsburg, KY

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Some body must have not gotten a job or didn't get there way so what better to do trash talk behind a key board really people grow up.
LOL

Wheelwright, KY

#7 Feb 26, 2013
That would be the only situation in which Whitesburg may be overlooked!!! Because they certainly get everything else in this county! I am not a member of the NVFD but I love and support them in everything they do, they are wonderful and response time is excellent here on this end of the county :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Running for office 8 min Kevin 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Paul 174,789
County officials 9 hr City girl 10
CON ARTIST - - Tammy and Stephen Whitaker 13 hr EXaw 1
Jason Campbell 20 hr Stupid 14
clean up Thu Jimmy Up 2
Letcher County Teachers Thu Grumpy old Fart 33

Whitesburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages