Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 160757 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99056 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Uhm, you prayed so that is your proof of god?
That is lame even for a lying christian
Let's see...You have been insulting,used nasty 4 letter words and totally disrespectful of others who do not agree with your nonsensical allegations.
But ,I believe I can possibly agree with you on something.
It is possible that nonliving nonintelligent matter can spontaneously come to life.
Your mental deficiencies may be able to confirm that theory.
Sh#t is a form of nonliving ,nonintelligent matter that came to life,,,Because that's what you got for brains,
By the way,this is not written in anger,but,I tend to respond to insults and sarcasm in like manner

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99057 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,do not get sarcastic.It is YOU who claimed that the Egg came before the Chicken,as did many other Scientists,,,,Then,a scienticic experiment claims the chicken came first,leaving you all with egg on your faces.
Moreover,it is SCIENCE and other misinformed individuals,who would have us believe that nonliving nonintelligent matter,can,spontaneouisly and inexplicably transform itself into a living intelligent form of life,which The Singing group,The Drifters,describe as,THIS MAGIC MOMENT.
Upon investigating the Educational credentials of those who support this theory,I found that many of them graduated from
The Harry Houdini Institute'
Sarcastic comments require an equally sarcastic response.
That was not sarcastic it was just plain stupid. You fail at every level.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99058 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see...You have been insulting,used nasty 4 letter words and totally disrespectful of others who do not agree with your nonsensical allegations.
But ,I believe I can possibly agree with you on something.
It is possible that nonliving nonintelligent matter can spontaneously come to life.
Your mental deficiencies may be able to confirm that theory.
Sh#t is a form of nonliving ,nonintelligent matter that came to life,,,Because that's what you got for brains,
By the way,this is not written in anger,but,I tend to respond to insults and sarcasm with stupidity.
At last! Some honesty.
If you did not lie, run and hide from facts, gave honest answers I would not treat you like I do. But when presented with bible quotes that you do not like you run like a sissy girl that saw a snake.
Admit that the christian cult made up a new god (nothing like the old god) and worships social status and wealth
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99059 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't and if you read Mark 10; 25,26,27 you will see why my answer is no.
I like you answer. I have another question. Do you believe in the trinity?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99060 Apr 8, 2013
Anti-Matter Bombs

Breakthrough! Scientists Create and Capture Antimatter

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/17/bre...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99061 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
A.D. 64....A.D. 55-120.... As I said...
Not one mention, not one scribble on a wall of a person that we are told walked on water, healed the blind, turned water to wine, fed the masses with 2 fish and a loaf of bread, rose from the grave and did all kinds of miraculous stuff... After 2000 years of people searching ever wall, every pit, every tunnel we can find from the followers then, the Templers, through the holding of the Holy Lands through 12 Crusades...... And yet we find writings of how the wheat crops did, where to get laid, who is the best Gladiators were, census reports and all manner of trivial mention... 20 to 40 years after the time at hand we are told of such feats.... but Believers B'Leve...
Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:
Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....5

Obviously Tacitus was no lover of Christians,Christus from whom the name had it's origins,hated for their abominatios,describes Christianity as most mischievous superstition,source of the evil,then goes on to describe his death by crucifixion"sufferd the extreme penalty" when it occured,under the reign of Tiberius at the hands of Pontius Pilate.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#99062 Apr 8, 2013
US Military Will Install Laser Turrets on Bombers and Fighter Jets.

http://gizmodo.com/5978740/us-military-to-ins...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#99063 Apr 8, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>What about the scripture that says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Does that mean Jesus is equal to almighty God or was the writer trying to say he was God himself?
Jesus existed as a spirit, just like we did, before this earth was formed. He is God's firstborn son. Jesus helped Him perform the acts in Genesis under the Father's command.

Location hidden

#99064 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>A.D. 64....A.D. 55-120.... As I said...

Not one mention, not one scribble on a wall of a person that we are told walked on water, healed the blind, turned water to wine, fed the masses with 2 fish and a loaf of bread, rose from the grave and did all kinds of miraculous stuff... After 2000 years of people searching ever wall, every pit, every tunnel we can find from the followers then, the Templers, through the holding of the Holy Lands through 12 Crusades...... And yet we find writings of how the wheat crops did, where to get laid, who is the best Gladiators were, census reports and all manner of trivial mention... 20 to 40 years after the time at hand we are told of such feats.... but Believers B'Leve...
Eyewitnesses would have still been alive in 55 and 64 AD. Jesus didn't die until around 32 or 33 AD.

Location hidden

#99065 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously there were many intermediates. Just look at the fossil record for evidence of them.
That's what I'm asking for. Where can we find them?

Location hidden

#99066 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What critter needs to read a book to survive and reproduce?
I really cannot see my response as an excuse.
I showed your claim as false, so no excuse needed. Evolution does not claim humans are better than other animals, religion does. So what is religions excuse for claiming man is superior to other animals? What is your criteria for superior, reading? If so, why did Jesus not write any words for us to read?
Do you not believe humans are superior to other animals?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#99067 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Eyewitnesses would have still been alive in 55 and 64 AD. Jesus didn't die until around 32 or 33 AD.
And not a One of them thought him important enough to write anything about him for 20 years... Only after a couple of guy wanted to form a church so they could have power and money did they start using him like an old towel....
Christians

Flemingsburg, KY

#99068 Apr 8, 2013
If Christians would quit posting,these devil worshipers would have no one to argue with. You are causing more harm than good by posting.The Bible says cast not thy pearls before swine:And if they will not accept the word ,shake off the dust of thy feet and leave :The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."

The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.

Your life, time, energy, opportunities and abilities are God's pearls. They're His! You and I are merely His stewards overseeing His possessions (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 4:1,2; 1 Peter 4:8-11). We must show discernment as to what use we make of God's possessions. It is possible to waste them either by using them when we should not.

Examples of the Principle Applied

"Jesus therefore perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force, to make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain to be by Himself alone." (John 6:15).

Jesus was very popular at this stage of His ministry. The main reason for this is that He had just miraculously fed five thousand plus people. The purpose was twofold; the people were hungry, and Jesus wanted to illustrate the more important spiritual bread, the bread of life, that He was offering them in His teachings.

But the people did not want the bread of life. They wanted more of the physical bread to eat. They began following Him for the wrong reason (vs. 26-27). Jesus offered them spiritual bread, but they did not want that (vs. 40-41). When Jesus refuses to duplicate the earlier miracle, continuing instead to redirect their attention toward the words of life, the people finally lose interest and leave (vs. 66). They were unappreciative of the pearls Jesus was offering them. Jesus simply refused to allow His efforts to be wasted on those who had little interest in His purpose and mission.

On another occasion, those who continued to ignore the implications of His earlier miracles, demanded He provide yet more. They were testing Him and were not really interested in what these signs signified about Jesus' identity. Jesus simply refused their request (Matthew 16:1-4). He was not here to perform for them or to satisfy their curiosity (Luke 23:8,9).

Jesus made it quite clear that His disciples were to move on when a city indicated its lack of interest in the gospel offered it by preachers and teachers (Matthew 10:11-14). Paul continued this practice (Acts 13:44-52; 18:5-7).And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."

#99069 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not believe humans are superior to other animals?
Some way yes , some ways no... Drop you off in the middle of the ocean and the Dolphins have it all over you.... Stick you in the the arctic tundra in December and the Musk Ox is by far your Superior.. Eagles see better, dogs can smell a trace trail hours later, A horse can run faster..... But rabbits taste better, I think... Never tried roasted human though.....

#99070 Apr 8, 2013
Christians wrote:
If Christians would quit posting,these devil worshipers would have no one to argue with. You are causing more harm than good by posting.The Bible says cast not thy pearls before swine:And if they will not accept the word ,shake off the dust of thy feet and leave :The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."
The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.
Your life, time, energy, opportunities and abilities are God's pearls. They're His! You and I are merely His stewards overseeing His possessions (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 4:1,2; 1 Peter 4:8-11). We must show discernment as to what use we make of God's possessions. It is possible to waste them either by using them when we should not.
Examples of the Principle Applied
"Jesus therefore perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force, to make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain to be by Himself alone." (John 6:15).
Jesus was very popular at this stage of His ministry. The main reason for this is that He had just miraculously fed five thousand plus people. The purpose was twofold; the people were hungry, and Jesus wanted to illustrate the more important spiritual bread, the bread of life, that He was offering them in His teachings.
But the people did not want the bread of life. They wanted more of the physical bread to eat. They began following Him for the wrong reason (vs. 26-27). Jesus offered them spiritual bread, but they did not want that (vs. 40-41). When Jesus refuses to duplicate the earlier miracle, continuing instead to redirect their attention toward the words of life, the people finally lose interest and leave (vs. 66). They were unappreciative of the pearls Jesus was offering them. Jesus simply refused to allow His efforts to be wasted on those who had little interest in His purpose and mission.
On another occasion, those who continued to ignore the implications of His earlier miracles, demanded He provide yet more. They were testing Him and were not really interested in what these signs signified about Jesus' identity. Jesus simply refused their request (Matthew 16:1-4). He was not here to perform for them or to satisfy their curiosity (Luke 23:8,9).
Jesus made it quite clear that His disciples were to move on when a city indicated its lack of interest in the gospel offered it by preachers and teachers (Matthew 10:11-14). Paul continued this practice (Acts 13:44-52; 18:5-7).And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
yep you guys should stick into tight groups and talk among yourselves, maybe move to a piece of land in Guyana and set up shop so you don't have to deal with all those facts and rational arguments.... Then you guys can sit around and say goofy crap all day until it's time to have those evening drinks.....

#99071 Apr 8, 2013
Christians wrote:
.And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
We all listen .... and sometimes you guys crack us up....

Location hidden

#99072 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>And not a One of them thought him important enough to write anything about him for 20 years... Only after a couple of guy wanted to form a church so they could have power and money did they start using him like an old towel....
How do you know that some of them didn't start writing immediately? How do you know that all the apostles were literate? Maybe some of them told these stories as others wrote them. Maybe it took quite a while to get the detail right while they were in hiding so they wouldn't be killed until their work was accomplished.
Heck I've been trying to write in my journal for my children to read one day for 5 years now and I haven't found sufficient time to keep it up. And no one is persecuting me or trying to kill me for my beliefs.

Location hidden

#99073 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Some way yes , some ways no... Drop you off in the middle of the ocean and the Dolphins have it all over you.... Stick you in the the arctic tundra in December and the Musk Ox is by far your Superior.. Eagles see better, dogs can smell a trace trail hours later, A horse can run faster..... But rabbits taste better, I think... Never tried roasted human though.....
No animals are putting humans in cages. No animals are building shelters with conveniences. No animals train other animals to assist their specie.
I think we are the superior race. I could go on.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#99075 Apr 8, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you answer. I have another question. Do you believe in the trinity?
That is a hard question

Some churches believe in the trinity,some don't.
I do not attend church or belong to any denomination,so I am merely expressing my opinion
When one reads the Gospel of John1;2 one could conclude that Jesus is God,yet Jesus never claimed to be God,but he did say,Me and my father are one
.When the Holy spirit is mentioned,it is mentioned as residing in God,which signifies to me,all three working in concert in order to fulfill God's will.That is what I understand.
To those who believe in God,he is a supernatural being.How is it possible that all 3 entities reside in one,That is something I,being mortal,can not explain.
I'd like to say,Glad You asked,but your question put a strain on my brain to which it is not accustomed.But,I enjoyed it.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#99076 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No animals are putting humans in cages. No animals are building shelters with conveniences. No animals train other animals to assist their specie.
I think we are the superior race. I could go on.
“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.” Douglas Adams

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bates family on thornton 2 hr Sad 7
gurl you went down hill 3 hr well 2
Tyler newsome the rat (Feb '16) 4 hr Blonde babygirl 41
Love 10 hr Jim 3
Muslims 11 hr Trumpet 19
Weezer 12 hr brp 6
Tina Jones (Nov '10) 18 hr Meth 70

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance