Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166400 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#85121 Aug 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with your numbers... In the last 5000 years we have lost several hundred species of mammals and Avians... Plus several 1000 species of Insects and Reptilians.... And your number is a bit off from the start as there are an estimated six to ten million species of insect, but only a million or so have been scientifically described. That size boat cannot hold 2 of each Bug on the planet much less all the fish, snakes, birds, turtles, elephants and Wildebeests .....
And that story was so unbelievable to me when I was a child I laughed at the bible from then on

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85122 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Dependency? Post the question again. If you had registered, I could find it, but I am not going to spend twenty minutes looking.
Did I say evolution was intelligence? No. So who are you debating? Your own mind?
He talks to himself and calls it praying so yes, he debates himself. More proof that christians are fruit loops

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#85123 Aug 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Information is the life blood of Evolution yet you cannot even explain that... Nothing can reproduce without the information already present... Just one of the many things that point to intelligent design... Turn and burn baby...
Again, you have yet to show a claim evolution science makes that is false.
Evolution science does not claim to know all of how evolution works. All you are doing is searching for gaps to insert your god into.

Man did not know what the sun was once upon a time. Thus he called it a god. Now we laugh at such ignorance.
Now you do this today. Your god is a gap of knowledge. Does that satisfy you? You just have faith the god is filling the gaps. You have zero evidence of it, so it cannot be taught as science. Science teaches what it knows, not what it does not know.

I am sure you can find gaps on a daily basis to try and make your god seem needed, but it does not actually fill any gaps unless you have some evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85124 Aug 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Information is the life blood of Evolution yet you cannot even explain that... Nothing can reproduce without the information already present... Just one of the many things that point to intelligent design... Turn and burn baby...
Information is not the life blood of evolution. Evolution theory shows that mutation, natural selection or genetic drift make for changes in animals and organisms.
The science does not know how it all works as of yet. That would be a gap.
defender

London, KY

#85125 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Dependency? Post the question again. If you had registered, I could find it, but I am not going to spend twenty minutes looking.
Did I say evolution was intelligence? No. So who are you debating? Your own mind?
Im not debating anything you've said... The theory states information through mutation... When I asked where this info came from I got nothing back but a nasty back lash of "well just cause we don't know"... Lol...
defender

London, KY

#85126 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to show a claim of evolution, much less one claimed that was a lie.
What scientific law was broken that you are referring to? I really cannot read your mind.
Does god defy the laws of nature?

So someone is experimenting to see if Hawking's hypothesis is correct. What is your point?
Yeah what's the point of checking it out?... Let's just take his word for it... Evolution everyone!!!
defender

London, KY

#85127 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you have yet to show a claim evolution science makes that is false.
Evolution science does not claim to know all of how evolution works. All you are doing is searching for gaps to insert your god into.

Man did not know what the sun was once upon a time. Thus he called it a god. Now we laugh at such ignorance.
Now you do this today. Your god is a gap of knowledge. Does that satisfy you? You just have faith the god is filling the gaps. You have zero evidence of it, so it cannot be taught as science. Science teaches what it knows, not what it does not know.

I am sure you can find gaps on a daily basis to try and make your god seem needed, but it does not actually fill any gaps unless you have some evidence.
Yes science teaches what it knows... So far in our little debate we've learned that: You cannot explain scientifically how life began, nor how it got the information to reproduce or even why it would see a need to reproduce...(Of course that would suggest a ID)... Shall we continue?
defender

London, KY

#85128 Aug 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Information is not the life blood of evolution. Evolution theory shows that mutation, natural selection or genetic drift make for changes in animals and organisms.
The science does not know how it all works as of yet. That would be a gap.
Ok this is my point.. Genetic drift, natural selection nor mutation have never... Never mind you... Been proven to create new information only scramble what info is already there... So the very first cell must have been packed with some really good shit huh?...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85129 Aug 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok this is my point.. Genetic drift, natural selection nor mutation have never... Never mind you... Been proven to create new information only scramble what info is already there... So the very first cell must have been packed with some really good shit huh?...
Makes more sense than some magic being suddenly coming to life, creating everything with a few magic words then needing to take part of a being to create a female and than needing people to do everything for him....like that makes sense

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85130 Aug 5, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah what's the point of checking it out?... Let's just take his word for it... Evolution everyone!!!
Funny, I say the same thing about god....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85131 Aug 5, 2012
So after the great flood the only people who where left was Noah, his three sons, and their wives? Talk about inbreeding....
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#85132 Aug 5, 2012
The number 666, what does it mean?

Revelation 13:1-4, 18.“A wild beast” symbolizing human governments ascends “out of the sea,” that is, from the turbulent masses of mankind.(Isa. 17:12, 13; Dan. 7:2-8, 17) This beast, created and empowered by Satan, has the number 666, denoting heightened imperfection. Understanding what the beast is helps us so that we neither follow it with admiration nor worship it as mankind in general does.—John 12:31; 15:19.
Revelation 13:16, 17. Despite the hardships we may encounter in carrying out such everyday activities as ‘buying or selling,’ we should not allow ourselves to be pressured into letting the wild beast rule our lives. Accepting ‘the mark of the wild beast in our hand or upon our forehead’ would amount to permitting the wild beast to control our actions or affect our thinking.
Revelation 14:6, 7. The angelic proclamation teaches us that we should declare the good news of the established Kingdom of God with urgency. We should help our Bible students to develop a healthy fear of God and to give glory to Jehovah.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85133 Aug 6, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The number 666, what does it mean?
Revelation 13:1-4, 18.“A wild beast” symbolizing human governments ascends “out of the sea,” that is, from the turbulent masses of mankind.(Isa. 17:12, 13; Dan. 7:2-8, 17) This beast, created and empowered by Satan, has the number 666, denoting heightened imperfection. Understanding what the beast is helps us so that we neither follow it with admiration nor worship it as mankind in general does.—John 12:31; 15:19.
Revelation 13:16, 17. Despite the hardships we may encounter in carrying out such everyday activities as ‘buying or selling,’ we should not allow ourselves to be pressured into letting the wild beast rule our lives. Accepting ‘the mark of the wild beast in our hand or upon our forehead’ would amount to permitting the wild beast to control our actions or affect our thinking.
Revelation 14:6, 7. The angelic proclamation teaches us that we should declare the good news of the established Kingdom of God with urgency. We should help our Bible students to develop a healthy fear of God and to give glory to Jehovah.
More scare tactics? You do understand that this is all fantasy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85134 Aug 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that? No.
I am asking what your point was. I am all for experimenting to see. That is science.
You are again arguing something I am not disputing or claiming. It is as if you are having a conversation with yourself, not me.
Did you have a point about the experiments?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85135 Aug 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes science teaches what it knows... So far in our little debate we've learned that: You cannot explain scientifically how life began, nor how it got the information to reproduce or even why it would see a need to reproduce...(Of course that would suggest a ID)... Shall we continue?
You can 'suggest' an ID all day. It is not science though. It is just a suggestion based upon religious beliefs. Not one shred of evidence.
Can you even do an experiment to see if it is true? No, that is one reason it is not science. It does not meet the requirement to be a scientific hypothesis.

Your initial accusation was that the science is lying and thus it should not be in schools. Yet you have not pointed to a single lie. You do not point to claims of science. You only have questions science has yet to discover.

You are asking questions that is very hard for science to know. It is not easy sorting out what happened three billion years ago or thirteen billion years ago. Yet you fully expect science to have unraveled all the questions man has ever had. That is not realistic.

Modern science is relatively new in the span of human history.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85136 Aug 6, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The first cells were 'simple cells'. They clearly evolved to be more complex. Again, I do not know exactly how they evolved to be more complex. I am not sure if science knows. But that just leaves a gap open for you to automatically fill with a god.
Is science claiming how it happened? If not, they are not lying. You claimed they are lying. I am waiting for you to reveal the lie you claim science is making.

Again, evolution does not make claim it knows all the answers to life. Why do you insist it must in order to be taught as science?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#85137 Aug 6, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew
22:36 Master, which [is] the great commandment in the law?
22:37 Jesus said to him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with
all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
22:39 And the second [is] like it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor
as thyself.
22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the
prophets.
And Who is my Neighbor?
Luke
10:29 But he, willing to justify himself, said to Jesus, And who
is my neighbor?
10:30 And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from
Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, who stripped him
of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him]
half dead.
10:31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way;
and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
10:32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and
looked [on him], and passed by on the other side.
10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came were he
was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],
10:34 And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil
and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an
inn, and took care of him.
10:35 And on the morrow, when he departed, he took out two
pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said to him, Take care
of him: and whatever thou spendest more, when I come again, I
will repay thee.
10:36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbor to
him that fell among the robbers?
10:37 And he said, He that showed mercy on him. Then said Jesus
to him, Go, and do thou likewise.
What thinkest thou?
You wanna go get beat up, n see If I stop to help?
Or... is staying here telling You...
God is real for two years, and putting up with
your abuse good enough?
I'll be here tomorrow too!
So when you read a parable, you think it you only need to follow the idea of the lesson if the same exact situation happens that is given in the example?

Clearly you are not understanding what an example or a parable is.

I guess seeing as how their was no internet back then, the bible cannot teach you how to act when using it. Going by your logic anyway.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#85138 Aug 6, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when you read a parable, you think it you only need to follow the idea of the lesson if the same exact situation happens that is given in the example?
Clearly you are not understanding what an example or a parable is.
I guess seeing as how their was no internet back then, the bible cannot teach you how to act when using it. Going by your logic anyway.
The people who wrote the bible did not even imagine anything like the Internet. They believed lightning was Satan walking the earth

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#85139 Aug 6, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And that story was so unbelievable to me when I was a child I laughed at the bible from then on
I never got that far.... Pretty much lost it with big guy tossing a few trillion stars out into the universe and making two people that populated the world....
defender

United States

#85140 Aug 6, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can 'suggest' an ID all day. It is not science though. It is just a suggestion based upon religious beliefs. Not one shred of evidence.
Can you even do an experiment to see if it is true? No, that is one reason it is not science. It does not meet the requirement to be a scientific hypothesis.

Your initial accusation was that the science is lying and thus it should not be in schools. Yet you have not pointed to a single lie. You do not point to claims of science. You only have questions science has yet to discover.

You are asking questions that is very hard for science to know. It is not easy sorting out what happened three billion years ago or thirteen billion years ago. Yet you fully expect science to have unraveled all the questions man has ever had. That is not realistic.

Modern science is relatively new in the span of human history.
Nor does evolution meet the requirements... But it's preached like fact... That is a lie Einstein!!! We haven't even got out of the gate yet and evolution fails... Science already knows the so called hard questions that you say I ask... Not possible.. Nodda, none, fail... Sorry... Perhaps it's time to look elsewhere...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
well well gossip is tyler ward now a republican... 1 hr hahaha 8
Family Dollar (Jun '16) 10 hr shopper 17
Video of those crazy women 16 hr Lumberjack23 15
Tiffany johnson 17 hr Lumberjack23 14
Jeannie fleming 17 hr Theysaid 3
Meth heads 19 hr Help 11
Little Liz 19 hr Chubby is ok 2

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance