Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167867 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#81716 Jun 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It works better if you hang a couple of rubber chickens with red paint dripped on them around your place and paint a upside down cross on your door in dripping red paint.. A small alter in your back yard with assorted animal bones scattered about is a good touch also... A nice fake goat head as a door knocker adds that touch of authenticity... They sell them at the costume shop for Halloween ..
All of this ^^^^^^ Epic. I can visually see it (yes)
baffled

Cincinnati, OH

#81717 Jun 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It works better if you hang a couple of rubber chickens with red paint dripped on them around your place and paint a upside down cross on your door in dripping red paint.. A small alter in your back yard with assorted animal bones scattered about is a good touch also... A nice fake goat head as a door knocker adds that touch of authenticity... They sell them at the costume shop for Halloween ..
How about
?

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#81718 Jun 29, 2012
baffled wrote:
<quoted text>
How about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =orNpH6iyokIXX ?
One hit wonder, recorded while drunk, didn't remember the lyrics the next morning.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#81719 Jun 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
That's pretty good, I have to agree a bit...
except for the fact that God is Real, Global warming due to man is Not!
LOL
He isn't sold on anthropogenic climate change because the evidence doesn't compel him and he distrusts the culture that promotes it. I disagree but respect that opinion. It it reasonable.

You reject it because you reject science, which is not reasonable.

Location hidden

#81720 Jun 29, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>But you see ..they wouldn't be able to fit all that on a bumper sticker ..besides WAY too much common sense here you'll have to dumb it down a little for these folks to understand
It's the eternal struggle of the thinking ape.

Location hidden

#81721 Jun 29, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>Fundamentalists rebuke hard evidence and fact because their faith has shown them the way.
Still, when they flip on a light switch, Their faith is not in Jesus, but in GE, Square D and KU.
Dang that is so true. When the doc fixes their ticker it's God that pulled them through, not medical science and years of hard work and training. But they damn sure won't ask Billy Bob to do the job.

Location hidden

#81722 Jun 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>It works better if you hang a couple of rubber chickens with red paint dripped on them around your place and paint a upside down cross on your door in dripping red paint.. A small alter in your back yard with assorted animal bones scattered about is a good touch also... A nice fake goat head as a door knocker adds that touch of authenticity... They sell them at the costume shop for Halloween ..
I tried that and Mel Gibson showed up. Never again, Road Warrior or not!
sneaking one in_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#81723 Jun 29, 2012
John 14:13
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

I'm 23 with 4 kids. i found it easier to just tell the welare office i dont know the fathers so i get more help. 700/month/ssi 475/month/welfare 603/month/foodstamps i also made a deal with all 3 fathers if they gave me 150/month/kid i wouldnt go to court where they would have to pay a min of 250. i also get 475 of rent paid a month. my rent is 625. i get utility help. altogether i pay 200/monthb. dont tell me poor ppl cant make it. btw i also work cleaning houses. weekly i average 250 to 600/week depending on the houses. i charge 50 to 150 per home.

Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers.
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#81724 Jun 29, 2012
Vicky eversole wrote:
I bought a house about 5weeks ago an there was 3 bibles in the house so I took them out in my front yard an burnt them an a few people the live next door called the police an lmfao I was listening to my scanner an I heard it all the police told the dispatcher that it's my yard I can burn paper if I want to well all the people next door an so on are scared to death they say I'm the devils helper 1 of them has moved an there's more 4-sale sighns up I'm 34yrs old an everybody around me is atleast 65+ an is real real big on going to church but there's nothing they can do I paid cash for my house here shortly besides me living in the city limits it's gonna be like living in the country betime everybody moves....lmfao I love this lil town....
How pat your self on the back, then you'll really be happy.
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#81725 Jun 29, 2012
Vicky eversole wrote:
I bought a house about 5weeks ago an there was 3 bibles in the house so I took them out in my front yard an burnt them an a few people the live next door called the police an lmfao I was listening to my scanner an I heard it all the police told the dispatcher that it's my yard I can burn paper if I want to well all the people next door an so on are scared to death they say I'm the devils helper 1 of them has moved an there's more 4-sale sighns up I'm 34yrs old an everybody around me is atleast 65+ an is real real big on going to church but there's nothing they can do I paid cash for my house here shortly besides me living in the city limits it's gonna be like living in the country betime everybody moves....lmfao I love this lil town....
Now pat your self on the back, then you'll really be happy.
agree

Hindman, KY

#81726 Jun 29, 2012
I think the 10 commandments should not have been taken out of the schools
Amercian

Richmond, KY

#81727 Jun 29, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>Fundamentalists rebuke hard evidence and fact because their faith has shown them the way.
Still, when they flip on a light switch, Their faith is not in Jesus, but in GE, Square D and KU.
Sounds like your the one that's rebuking facts with theory's, Is the light switch suppose to be one of your jokes toward someone who believes in god. Make that all up by yourself did ya, you dumb ass.
Lordy

Frankfort, KY

#81728 Jun 29, 2012
sneaking one in_ss wrote:
John 14:13
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
I'm 23 with 4 kids. i found it easier to just tell the welare office i dont know the fathers so i get more help. 700/month/ssi 475/month/welfare 603/month/foodstamps i also made a deal with all 3 fathers if they gave me 150/month/kid i wouldnt go to court where they would have to pay a min of 250. i also get 475 of rent paid a month. my rent is 625. i get utility help. altogether i pay 200/monthb. dont tell me poor ppl cant make it. btw i also work cleaning houses. weekly i average 250 to 600/week depending on the houses. i charge 50 to 150 per home.
Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers.
Excuse me, exactly.. how are 'you' making it? All I've heard you discuss is benefits that are provided for your family. Jesus did not make the %50+ American's that DO NOT BELIEVE, aid you for the hell of it. It's called taxes, and Jesus, you're Lord and Savior had NOTHING to do with the food you buy with food-stamps, or the credit you receive through SSI. Unless of course, Jesus is a Government agent, and as well you're social worker... You should really thank the American's that still pay taxes, not to mention the dead-beat fathers that left, or was 'forced' to be removed from their 'father' positions. Plural.
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81729 Jun 29, 2012
totally agree.. how is it that some pay for all but yet some want help none? maybe i am missing something here. never had much , but always had enough.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#81730 Jun 29, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
He isn't sold on anthropogenic climate change because the evidence doesn't compel him and he distrusts the culture that promotes it. I disagree but respect that opinion. It it reasonable.
You reject it because you reject science, which is not reasonable.
The evidence does not just not compel, It's based on demonstratively fraudulent data in many cases... It is easily shown to be incorrect and those making the claims can be shown to personnel profit by promoting same... Just to clarify
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81731 Jun 29, 2012
sometimes in everyone's life, they feel betrayed and all alone, like everything is a lie. You are trapped in a world of anger and rage and you can only see red through your eyes. No one seem to see when you are going through this time, or understand why.

But it is times like these that God takes you in His arms and tames your wild mind and assures you, you are never alone.

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#81732 Jun 29, 2012
trusted wrote:
sometimes in everyone's life, they feel betrayed and all alone, like everything is a lie. You are trapped in a world of anger and rage and you can only see red through your eyes. No one seem to see when you are going through this time, or understand why.
But it is times like these that God takes you in His arms and tames your wild mind and assures you, you are never alone.
That's what imaginary friends are for .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#81733 Jun 29, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what imaginary friends are for .
But the 6 foot invisible rabbit is cuddlier...
Quantummist

Richmond, KY

#81734 Jun 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is easily shown to be incorrect and those making the claims can be shown to personnel profit by promoting same... Just to clarify
personnel profit, eh?

Do you have access to a dictionary there in the home, Quanty?
They can easily show you to be incorrect in your spelling and just to clarify, I promise none of the personnel there in the nursing home will profit.

Location hidden

#81735 Jun 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The evidence does not just not compel, It's based on demonstratively fraudulent data in many cases... It is easily shown to be incorrect and those making the claims can be shown to personnel profit by promoting same... Just to clarify
However the exact same criticism stands for the opposition, probably to a much stronger degree. Take how the wingnuts went crazy over "Climategate" and the whole crapstorm the talking heads were railing about turned out to be a fartstorm.

I'm not personally invested in the climate change debate except to the degree that I detest anti-science goofheads like Limbaugh or most of Congress who go around saying it's a myth when they literally have no idea. I know how to spot ideological thinking and virtually all the opposing information I've read is dripping with right wing ideology, not reason. And that's a big fat red flag to me.

The science itself is something I haven't spent much time digging into. But gauging the opinions of people I do respect, intellectually, I'd have to come down on the side of anthro climate change as being probably true. As far as what to do about it I'm really on the fence. I really haven't decided how I feel about that.

I don't do a lot of absolutes. I accept ideas conditionally, sometimes to a very high degree (evolution) and sometimes to a lesser degree (climate change). If I'm not an expert all I can do is trust the experts that have earned my trust in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaitlyn or Katie hall (Feb '17) 5 hr alwaysaho 6
chris slone child molester 8 hr elliswills 4
who is harley jack slone 8 hr Queenofthehill 1
Las Penas infested? (Jan '13) 10 hr ICE 46
Panhandler Jim Ward Controlling You Whimpy Repu... 17 hr Control Freak 2
Meth heads Sat angel eyes 20
constable Fri Beth 5

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance