Whitesburg going wet
Mike

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jan 4, 2007
Will Whitesburg going wet help the city out? I think it would.
Timothy

United States

#2 Jan 4, 2007
I doubt it!It'll just make it easier for the Drunk's!
shelia b

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jan 9, 2007
I think it would help greatly,all of our money goes to other counties or Visginia.All this does is take away from our community.If people are going to drink they will go to wherever they sell it.Can't these people see that it would build up our economy.
country girl

Radcliff, KY

#4 Jan 14, 2007
i agree with Shelia b. drunks are gonna drink regardless where ever the alchol is theyll find it and pay money so why not. It will defantly help our economy money wise.Hell the nly bad thing would be drunks on the road but that would give th PD something to do overload the jail a little more. Maybe theyll put a new one in.
Suzi

AOL

#6 Mar 22, 2007
Why shouldn't Whitesburg go wet? The winery in Seco already sells wine and beer. Whats the difference? Also, while I'm on the subject, I thought that the winery was only allowed to sell the wine that they make from the grapes that they grow. From what I understand from a friend of mine that used to work at the winery, the wine that they are selling isn't even made there. In the late night hours they have a truck come in and fill their tanks with wine that is made out of state and then they fill their bottles with this wine. And any wine that is made there isn't being made from grapes that they grow, they buy their grapes from somewhere else. How are they now able to "legally" sell beer in a dry county? I remember the special election they had for the wine, I don't recall having one about beer. Then again, when all the county's elected officials come there for the big parties I guess you can get away with alot.
Tara

AOL

#7 Mar 29, 2007
Suzi wrote:
Why shouldn't Whitesburg go wet? The winery in Seco already sells wine and beer. Whats the difference? Also, while I'm on the subject, I thought that the winery was only allowed to sell the wine that they make from the grapes that they grow. From what I understand from a friend of mine that used to work at the winery, the wine that they are selling isn't even made there. In the late night hours they have a truck come in and fill their tanks with wine that is made out of state and then they fill their bottles with this wine. And any wine that is made there isn't being made from grapes that they grow, they buy their grapes from somewhere else. How are they now able to "legally" sell beer in a dry county? I remember the special election they had for the wine, I don't recall having one about beer. Then again, when all the county's elected officials come there for the big parties I guess you can get away with alot.
Yes, I definetly agree with whitesburg going wet, because something is gonna have to happen in letcher co. because this place is really getting sad... maybe if the county was wet, people would actually start bringing in some descent restaurants and maybe even some good jobs, did they ever think that if they would actually let businesses come in letcher co.,that maybe people would get off drugs here.
Tara

AOL

#8 Mar 29, 2007
Yes, I definetly agree with whitesburg going wet, because something is gonna have to happen in letcher co. because this place is really getting sad....maybe if the county was wet, people would actually start bringing in some descent restaurants and maybe even some good jobs, did they ever think that if they would actually let businesses come in letcher co.,that maybe people would get off drugs here.
rick

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2007
i hope whitesburg go wet maybe we can get some like applebee in here and some better paying job all we have here is things like the B/P work ther realy suck whitesburg need a good change it has been the same way for the past 40 year now so we need some in here and i am from whitesburg
Sam

United States

#10 Apr 5, 2007
I think keeping Whitesburg dry would be a disaster. Look at all the money that leaves the county now because Letcher County isn't wet. Those of you who live here, think about it. How often do you go to Wise or Pikeville or Hazard to eat so you can get something different? Even if you don't drink, you still probably go to Reno's or Mosby's or Applebee's or El Azul. The only reason those restaurants exist in other towns is because those other towns are wet.

Maybe if Whitesburg goes wet, we'll have a choice of places to eat, too.
rick whitesburg ky

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2007
i think it was 1 of the best thing ever happen to whitesburg going wet now maybe we welll get some new place to eat like applebe
jch

Barbourville, KY

#12 Jan 12, 2009
having letcher co or whitesburg go wet only ones that will hurt is the bootleggers. it needs to stay dry
lexingtonfromwhi tesburg

Evansville, IN

#13 Jan 15, 2009
no it does not need to stay dry! whitesburg or Letcher county as a whole needs to come out of the dark ages and get with the rest of the 21st century!!
jch

Bimble, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2009
anyone one know about the airport ? about the families involved in property buy out? where are they now on the doings???????
yep

Hindman, KY

#15 Dec 23, 2009
i sure does need to go wet, i mean i am tired of all the bible thumpers around here. i bet alot of them used that new bridge behind summit city to walk to the mt. heritage festival this year, well the tax money from the alcohol sales that we currently have paid for that bridge. so just imagine what else could come about from the tax money if letcher co. was fully wet.
bubb

Hindman, KY

#16 Dec 23, 2009
im tired of giving my tax dollars to perry county and wise county va
lois griffin

Hindman, KY

#17 Dec 28, 2009
think of all the tax money from buying alcohol..what it will do and what it will make! im tired of all these "against drinking ppl" bitchin about it. if someone is a drunk here in letcher county doesn't make it any different if they go to va. or vicco!! lol they still are gonna be drunk in letcher county. so why not have it wet in letcher county atleast the tax money will go to this county!!
politicians

Peach Creek, WV

#18 Dec 30, 2009
what economy
Jackass the Movie

Ravenna, KY

#19 Dec 30, 2009
We have James Wiley to thank fer the town going wet. All Hail to James Wiley! Now I don't haf' ta hide and drank da' beer. Several years ago I could drive three miles and go by 4 or 5 Bootleggers, now we don't have any @ all. They all switched to pills and other dope that people used cause there wasn't any money to be made in beer. Bootleggers price per beer was never over one dollar per beer. All the restaurants here are $3.00 to $3.50 per beer. No, something tells me that ain't right! Where's all the Bootleggers when we need um? Maybe they shouldda raised their prices before they went out? Hello Fuzzy Navel! we miss you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Wes250 142,273
Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 7 hr Kiser 9
divoced? 9 hr curious 4
Debbie Brashears 10 hr Slime Jim 1
So called Humane Society Lady 14 hr Beware Of Brag 10
Pine Mnt. Grill 22 hr pilot 8
WHY bother a married man or woman. Sun lawman 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages