new law about setting up a mobile home

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
asking

Whitesburg, KY

#1 Aug 31, 2010
does anyone know about the new law on setting up a mobile home, i heard it has to all be done by a certified person and it usually cost around 2 or 3 thousand dollars now.
baaa baaaaa

Moline, IL

#2 Aug 31, 2010
asking wrote:
does anyone know about the new law on setting up a mobile home, i heard it has to all be done by a certified person and it usually cost around 2 or 3 thousand dollars now.
thats BS.it just has to be tied down,anybody can do that.

Know whatcha call a mobile home with a flat tire?

a home.lol
lol

London, KY

#3 Aug 31, 2010
I know that it has to be leveled by a pro and depending on what year it is you have to have it inspected by the fire marshall. I just went threw all this with mine.
asking

Whitesburg, KY

#4 Aug 31, 2010
lol wrote:
I know that it has to be leveled by a pro and depending on what year it is you have to have it inspected by the fire marshall. I just went threw all this with mine.
was yours a new trailer or used, someone said you have to put plastic under them and and a certified person has to block it before it can pass inspection for electric.
thoughts on subject

AOL

#5 Aug 31, 2010
More and more restictions are being made that will cost untold amounts of money to line the pockets of the elected and appointed officials who do not live in mobile homes....
The people just sit back and allow it....
It is not only the mobile homes.... Is is practically everything in our lives, from the ingredients in our food, the additives in our gasoline, to the multitude of taxes that a working person has to pay....
And, the people just sit back and allow it....
Bubbles

Moline, IL

#6 Sep 1, 2010
I def would put plastic down as a moisture barrier,and make sure all the insulation in stapled to the bottom of the trailer,put vents in the under pinning too,water is the mobile homes worst enemy.
lol

Whitesburg, KY

#7 Sep 1, 2010
mine was used yes there is plastic down under it, and I know that I had to pay a licensed official to level it this time my other trailer that I had that was used my grand father and uncle leveled it and did great. I agree with the comment about it getting ridiculous all the money we have to fork out to be able to live.
asking

United States

#8 Sep 1, 2010
the reason i was asking this is because i want to buy a bigger trailer but i am afraid it will cost way to much to set another one up some people tell me about 3,000 dollars so i don't know who else i can ask. thanks for the info.
lol

Whitesburg, KY

#9 Sep 1, 2010
your very welcome and mine cost awful close to that. I wish you the best of luck
information provider

Bellevue, WA

#10 Sep 1, 2010
i know all about the laws on moving and setting up a mobile home, the thing is now they make you take a class and get a liscense to be able to level and block up the trailor and yes it is very expensive because a man named upchurch who is one of the fire marshalls will inspect it to allow u to be able to get electric hooked up, but u know there is a loophole in everything so if you are wanting to buy a new mobile home to replace an old one just dont have the electric turned off and have someone you know hook it up to the new one then hire someone to block and level it or do it youself if you know how and that will save u a couple thousand, the main thing is DONT have the electric DISCONNECTED
asking

Whitesburg, KY

#11 Sep 2, 2010
information provider wrote:
i know all about the laws on moving and setting up a mobile home, the thing is now they make you take a class and get a liscense to be able to level and block up the trailor and yes it is very expensive because a man named upchurch who is one of the fire marshalls will inspect it to allow u to be able to get electric hooked up, but u know there is a loophole in everything so if you are wanting to buy a new mobile home to replace an old one just dont have the electric turned off and have someone you know hook it up to the new one then hire someone to block and level it or do it youself if you know how and that will save u a couple thousand, the main thing is DONT have the electric DISCONNECTED
thanks that does make since. i guess there is always a way to get around things.
information provider

Bellevue, WA

#12 Sep 2, 2010
believe me it works my brother done it since the new law came in effect and everything worked out just fine
Just Asking

AOL

#13 Sep 2, 2010
----------
That sounds good, but I have a question. If is is supposed to be inspected, and the electrical service is transferred, without a permit, will your homeowners insurance be effective in case of a fire or other problem? I would hope it would, but I do not know.
information provider

Bellevue, WA

#14 Sep 2, 2010
yes the insurance wikk still be good the insurance company doesnt know the situation and they dont ask if it has been inspected therefore you dont have to lie about anything, the less info provided the better unless asked directly a question
SCAT

Moline, IL

#15 Sep 3, 2010
Be a fkn rebel man hook that sh1t up and say fk the inspector,don't get all scared now.lol
thedude

Winchester, KY

#16 Sep 3, 2010
yes the insurance wikk still be good the insurance company doesnt know the situation and they dont ask if it has been inspected therefore you dont have to lie about anything, the less info provided the better unless asked directly a question
That is, unless you have to file a claim. If the insurance co can get out of paying, they will.
curious

Leitchfield, KY

#17 Jun 3, 2011
used mobile home by family can the electric be hooked to families and bill split? and what happens without permits and inspections?
ernie

Cleveland, MS

#18 Dec 28, 2011
F%^K the govenment
Confused

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 12, 2012
There are inspectors hooking hooking mobile homes up in letcher county unless its a modular home. You idiots paying 3000 got scammed. It is perfectly legal for the (MOVERS) to set it up. Hell I know people that dont even have blocks under neith there homes and they dont hire professionals. God you all are retarded. Pic up a book and get a education before you speak please. Thank you
setting up a Mobile Home

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Nov 3, 2012
I just had one done in Kentucky, and yes uo do have to have a someone with training to hook it up, and yes it has to be inspected before power is turned on. Confused form Lexington,Ky is Confused. do it right the first time if not it could end up costing up more!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min spaceship 133,209
Strip Poker old Country Kitchen Colson 52 min Rachel 44
brain damron 55 min big red 42
Why Do people Turn QUEER? 1 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 121
tracy jones tim madden 2 hr For real 3
Kenny Anderson 3 hr Joe 11
Streetside vs Summit City (Feb '14) 7 hr Loser 34
Whitesburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Whitesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance