Should ALL Letcher Co. Schools be closed tomorrow?

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

today at WWE...there was 8 teachers out sick....At LCCHS there was ALOT out....and you should have honestly seen Mtn Comp....there was only about 2 parking spots left!!! The place was cram packed...They had to put seats in every hallway..And most of the people there was kids and teenagers...I think they should close it down for a day or two...and actually CLEAN the schools...I mean why keep schools going with sickness going around when your little precious money maker has no more homegames HA HA!...So now Anna does not have a reason to not close the schools!
just meee

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

well you know what if wwe actually cleaned the school we would all be alright, that is the down right nastiest school in the county. the bathrooms are awful. that must be why the teachers have the "teacher bathroom" It makes me sick... my child stayed out today b/c he has strep and yes ma'm he goes to wwe... this is 3 times in 6 weeks..some school huh? better watch out thats going around also... good luck parents! hope ur kids stay well!
closethedangscho ols

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Yes I want to send my child to school to learn...Not to catch H1N1. So Anna, quit worrying about yourself and look at whats happening right in front of you...Kids are getting sick at schools because you won't close the damn school!
honestly

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

what is closing the school going to do?
even if they do clean it for about a day or two, someone who has the flu is going to come back to school whenever it's opened again, and it's still going to go around, it doesn't really make a difference.

i've been sick twice already in the past month, so i see how big of a deal it is, but closing the schools isnt really going to do much for you.
josie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

is letcher gonna close
concerned parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

today all other surrounding counties and schools are closed... i think letcher co schools should be on that list.. ..maybe if all the schools were closed and clean for the rest of the week, we could, at least, slow down the epidemic....
The Fact Is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I think Jim Ward needs to put a stop to this. He needs to step in and tell Anna that the schools need to be shut down for awhile, more than 7 days because u can catch it up to 2 weeks of being exposed to it. This is just getting way out of hand.
The Fact Is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I agree with you all of the parents needs to start ringing the phones in all these offices an complain.If you take notice to the news all the counties around us have closed there schools and you are always hearing updated cases on the news about the other counties.But you never hear anything about the cases in Letcher County it is already out of hand an there throwing the children who dont have it right in the middle of the ones who do so they are all going to be sick school is a breeding ground for it the kids get it an take home to family an freinds when are they going to try to get it under control here.every one needs to speak up people its going to take more then one or two parents to do it if enough parents would they would have to close the schools if parents would stand up for there kids........
worried parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I say close the schools for a 2-3 weeks and maybe it will slow it down a little bit. And if and when they do, we ALL need to keep our kids home and out of the public unless it is a dr. appt. When ppl take their kids to walmart and places that is just asking for trouble. Im sure if Annas kids/grandkids were in the school system there wouldnt be a second thought about them staying home or shutting the schools down!
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I agree the school's need to be closed for a week or two.
mythoughts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I also argee with some of what is being said here. The schools def. need more cleaning not just the usual stuff. I don't have alot of good things to say about the way Anna has handle all of this, but she does have grandkids in the school system. Apparently she doesn't care enough though. I don't agree however that the schools should be closed for 2 weeks. Come on its in the air. Its every where. Even if she did close them when they were opened again the sick kids would still be sent back. Alot of parents just want there kids out of the house. That is why this is so bad now. Lets put the blame where it should be. Not all parents are that way. Some children get sick while at school the parent picks them up and helps them to get better. But we do have those parents who just don't want to deal with there kids and send them to get them out from under there feet. Come on parents do your job and help your kids get better don't send them back until they are 100% better.
fed up with illness

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Well I don't think closing the school will solve the problem because they were off for 12 days during fall break and the different illnesses have gotten worse instead of better. I do agree with the parent who said that wwe is a nasty school I think that they need to do major cleaning at least once a week there. The middle school is very clean, but those kids still have to go to the elementary school for lunch and breakfast so what good is that when the place they eat is dirty and they carry all those germs back from one building to the next. I think instead of closing the school down they need to call in extra help and thoroughly clean each room from top to bottom if they have to work all night and all weekend or it's just gonna keep spreading. I am sure that a lot of parents would be willing to volunteer to come in and help sanitize the school their children go to so they can get a good education instead of just getting sick. We would also be willing to donate bleach and lysol to clean and kill jerms. Come on people lets gets these germs out of our schools so our kids can continue getting a good education and just cleaning one school is not gonna do it they all have to be cleaned at once. Another thing is proper handwashing for the kids the teachers need to make sure that each kid washes their hands often especially before lunch if they have to put someone in the bathrooms to make sure each child washes their hands then so be it.
mememe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Hey you all i just wanted to let you know i got a phone call just a few minutes ago from someone i know who said there child just tested postive for H1NI IT IS A STUDENT FROM LCCH.....
a parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

honestly wrote:
what is closing the school going to do?
even if they do clean it for about a day or two, someone who has the flu is going to come back to school whenever it's opened again, and it's still going to go around, it doesn't really make a difference.
i've been sick twice already in the past month, so i see how big of a deal it is, but closing the schools isnt really going to do much for you.
closing the schools will do some good. If they would close them for a couple weeks. Let the kids get vaccinated and give the vaccination time to get in the childrens systems and the ones sick time to get over it. I think is stupid closing one school at a time what good is that doing. NONE! I took my kids yesterday to get the H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccination. If ANNA CRAFT doesn't close them down I think Jim Ward needs to step in and do something. ANNa doesn't run the whole county people. Something needs to be done.
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

yes they should be closed
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

lcchs has a web site go there send e-mails an complain tell them how you feel about it.
CONCERNED GRANDMA

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

I agree the schools should be closed at least 2 weeks, because the incubation period for this virus is 7 to 10 days. This would also allow parents the opportunity to get thier children vaccinated agianst this. Children are dying from this everyday aLL across this nation, yet it is not being taken seriously here. Even the president has declared a Health Emergency because of the Swine flu and sayes it is expected to get much worse.
nursenameless

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

All a person has to do to be diagnosed with H1N1 is test positive for Flu-A. And people are testing negative when they have no fever but when their fever goes up they test positive and that is in a matter of a few hours. If you even think your child has it then you should take precautions. also, Tamiflu is a preventative with an 80% prevention rate.
they are everywhere

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

If the schools are closed, are the kids going to stay home. Are you going to stay home and not go to other people's homes and walmart and the grocery store and church? Are you letting your kids go trick or treating? School isn't the only place that germs are spread. If you think the schools are dirty, call Anna Craft and tell her or call Twyla Messer who is supposed to be over the janitors. Call and tell them which school and what is dirty and ask them to go look and call you back. Call the principal at the school and tell them that it is dirty.
closethedangscho ols

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

Yes we know schools are not the place...But look, kids are touching each other, talking, borrowing pencils, and stuff at schools. Also, they are running and sweating in PE and changing in locker rooms, Schools are alot more germy than you think....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Whitesburg Forum right now

Search the Whitesburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min conservative crapola 138,839
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Mike Duquette 122,987
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr hum 81,227
Magistrate district 2 5 hr Across the road 19
alex bentley & kirk banks 5 hr xxxxx 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 9 hr Whitehair Is A Doofus 16,035
Tracy Webb Warf (Jan '13) 12 hr Family Man 15
•••
•••
•••
Whitesburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Whitesburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••