Rec Center to Cost $216,000,000

Posted in the Whitesburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mountain Momma

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Tonight Letcher Countt Fiscal Court admitted that the burden for the cost of the Rec Center will be placed on the taxpayers when the coal severance is gone. How many water lines would $216 million dollars buy? With that much money we could afford a filtration system that would remove the arsenic. Sick people do not need to run around the track they just need clean water. What were you thinking?
Beth

Georgetown, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2013
It is not going to cost 216 million dollars....that sounds like something a dummy would say like Wayne Fleming
jim

Harrison, AR

#3 Jan 21, 2013
we went in the o 550.000 this year
William

Georgetown, KY

#4 Jan 21, 2013
All government goes in the whole..who cares...My whole family loves the center
He Who Pees

Whitesburg, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2013
216 mil? Come on, stop making crap up
unknow

Jackson, KY

#8 Jan 22, 2013
money wasted throw away rich people hope they loose all big money from coal now go broke see how they get by oh forgot rich people dont hat to worried they have plenty money now they ride on tax pay mony free ride to work story any where they want to gonow really some got it may in town.ithink al people who work should have to ride there in on car to work then go out in work car think of how much mone county and state would save on this they dont buy theiron gas nor insurance that lots of money could be save there now for sure look at this for your self see if poeple not right on this
nomo

Harrison, AR

#12 Jan 22, 2013
william beth dereck
FREE BE

Harrison, AR

#13 Jan 22, 2013
how much tax do you pay
Kimmy

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jan 22, 2013
500,000 x 30 is not 216 million dollars
mary

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jan 22, 2013
i love the sports plex and am thankful it here
yes

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Kimmy wrote:
500,000 x 30 is not 216 million dollars
Yeah thats is just 15 million and that means that one building is worth more than all of whitesburg combine
mary

Pikeville, KY

#19 Jan 22, 2013
I think the health dept cost just as much and they do nothing and that is in whitesburg............
GetaJob

Whitesburg, KY

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Flint Head wrote:
You the man Wayne Fleming......Jim ward an terry Adams need to get pointers from u an learn to be a real Man an be quiet an listen to Wayne . this county wouldn't be in such as a mess that its in.yes jim ward it is your job I never accused Jim ward of miss handling the money so I can't figure out why Jim ward wouldn't let me speak Jim ward took my freedom of speech makes me wonder what he will take next if Jim ward an terry Adams would do their job like they supposed to I wouldn't be in there telling what to do .believe me I got better things to do besides screwing with them.it's his job to listen to the public I signed in an he never called my name witch that's fine all I was going to say was tell him we sure thank him up on mill creek we sure glad to have this water we like it we all say thank u
Everyone is tired of hearing about your problems, we ALL know you have bad water and want the county to provide it, and they are in the process of doing just that.

What you need to do is get a job and support yourself!

Oh, yeah, try to get those buckeyes to stay home!!!
He who pees

Whitesburg, KY

#24 Jan 22, 2013
Up On Mill Creek wrote:
<quoted text>
"News Flash" The Whitesburg Rec Center has been asked to include an adult math tutoring class on Monday evenings once a month. Said you could put your name on the list you woukd get a chance to ask questions. Lesson #1 If you make a payment of $600,000 X 360 (that would 30 years) the answer would be $216,000,000.00. I bet if that lady from Ohio had a chance to talk at the Fiscal Court meeting last night, she could figure it out. Maybe she would volunteer to teach the class and educate some of you folks that need to know when your tax dollars are taken out of your pocket to make that payment once a year. You are welcome to attend and bring your math book so it can be corrected. LOL.$216 million....
I never said anything about math dipshit, where did you see me throw out any math problems? I'm just saying the rec center DID NOT COST 216 mil dollars. Get off your high horse precious, and stop making shit up.
Well

Versailles, KY

#25 Jan 22, 2013
I did a fact check and found absolutely nothing about expenses regarding the recreational center.

Nothing here.
http://www.letchercounty.ky.gov/

Nothing when I Googled, "whitesburg kentucky recreational center news? other than the typical Topix rumors.

You can divide 216,000,000 by how many years you want and get a correct answer; you can also do that with 50, 79,000, and 348 as well. Dividing a number stated with no supporting evidence or references is just doing remedial math.

"...To Cost $216,000,000" What do you mean by this? Is this a day, week, month, year, or for no reason, 30 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letcher_County,_...

According to this, as well as other websites found through Google searches, the per capita income of Letcher County is $11,984, as of the year 2,000.
I have taken the liberty to go to the official government census bureau

http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableserv...

to find that the current per capita income of the entire county is $17,393. Per capita isn't as helpful here as this next statistic though; the average family's income is $51,514. With a 6% sales rate, I don't think it would be even close to possible for Whitesburg, let alone the entire county, to pay for a $216,000,000 building. I'll calculate costs of electricity etc. later.

This leads me to the conclusion that the information you provide is bullshit.
Flint Head

Prestonsburg, KY

#26 Jan 22, 2013
GetaJob wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is tired of hearing about your problems, we ALL know you have bad water and want the county to provide it, and they are in the process of doing just that.
What you need to do is get a job and support yourself!
Oh, yeah, try to get those buckeyes to stay home!!!
i can't work I'm not able if I work I will die its bad when a cold glass of ice water will kill me on a hot day if I work so there u go I'm not able I'm disable can't work got a broke down dick I can't speak for that Ohio bunch but I can say they are crazy to hang out with me... We are the thorn in your belly
Rick

Prestonsburg, KY

#28 Jan 22, 2013
GetaJob wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a lazy bum, there is nothing wrong with you other than being a typical check grabber..........
u got it !!!' It's as easy as making a peanut butter & jelly sandwich u know" PBJ" 1800-232-hurt ask Eric he gets the job done
Flint head

Prestonsburg, KY

#29 Jan 22, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>u got it !!!' It's as easy as making a peanut butter & jelly sandwich u know" PBJ" 1800-232-hurt ask Eric he gets the job done
forgot to change my name just look over me I'm in country state of mind all the time got the Meade disease watch out
GetaJob

Whitesburg, KY

#30 Jan 22, 2013
I bet your family is certainly proud, a grown man that is simply too lazy to work....... I will vote for Terry now just to spite you. Are you not aware that everybody at the fiscal court meeting was laughing at you and your buckeye friends.
GetaJob

Whitesburg, KY

#34 Jan 22, 2013
I call bull......

They is not anything wrong with you, I am 52 years old, had 2 back surgeries with a cadaver bone placed in my back to get me back on my feet, but yet I get every morning and head back underground.

From the looks of you, you are early 30's and just flat out lazy.

You don't speak for my family on steer fork or myself at Deane.

You are the laughing stock of the county!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Las Penas infested? (Jan '13) 51 min Buy locally 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Chalupa Batgirl 167,533
Drunken sailor 1 hr lol 3
Naivee Spouses 2 hr juicy 5
Poll Vote -The Perfect Size Pen:s? "Ladies Only" (Dec '10) 5 hr tom 47
Karate punk 6 hr Gump 5
County Treasurer 15 hr whimps 2

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages