freaks, geeks, & dirty applehead hippies
lil red hen

Whitesburg, KY

#22 Mar 24, 2013
Truth Missile wrote:
<quoted text>
And your ignorance grows, yet again. You people are just to stupid to get it aren't you?
enlighten us oh great swami! That is if you can come out of your drug induced haze long enough to speak coherently

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#23 Mar 24, 2013
lil red hen wrote:
<quoted text>
enlighten us oh great swami! That is if you can come out of your drug induced haze long enough to speak coherently
You're a waste of time. Bigoted, close minded fools like you have no hope of ever understanding.... Besides,'Walking Dead' is on. I'd rather watch it that talk to a Neanderthal like you.
lil red hen

Whitesburg, KY

#24 Mar 24, 2013
Truth Missile wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a waste of time. Bigoted, close minded fools like you have no hope of ever understanding.... Besides,'Walking Dead' is on. I'd rather watch it that talk to a Neanderthal like you.
WOW I am impressed that you are seeking to broaden your horizons with great programs. Zombie On Swami!
Coal miners wife

Whitesburg, KY

#25 Mar 24, 2013
orly wrote:
If you're making light of a water situation that's killing dozens of Eastern Kentuckians you deserve to get cancer and die. If you're making fun of how people look then your fat, self entitled, ignorant ass needs to look in the mirror. God forbid these kids got a little style. Y'all just jealous. And if you don't say "y'all" then you ain't from around here, or simply need to leave. Rather the water kills you, or you leave we won't miss you. Nobody will.
No I don't have to act like someone I'm not. Thank you very much but I don't think how you look or talk makes you entitled to be some where, if you can't laugh and have a good time in the laid back hills of eastern Ky then you my friend have the problem and need to leave. Us true "hill billies" don't worry about what we wear, and how someone talks we are more about working hard and playing hard in these hills so before you start telling people what to do, how about you loosen up and stop worrying about your "style." The waters bad, it's been bad for a long time, the coal mines are shut down so you can stop your yapping! You can pack up your fat, self entitled, ignorant ass and go some where if you don't like it ;)
alphie

Harrodsburg, KY

#26 Mar 25, 2013
yeah, you know it is funny , all those "save the mountians" do gooders are from up north, we don't ever see anyone from the south coming up here and trying to tell us how we should live ... it's always Yankees. so what makes me want to move further south? I wouldn't dare want to live north of here ... so when I go south ... am I a yankee??
harddollar

Versailles, KY

#27 Mar 25, 2013
i have been on here rainting and raving for the last 5 years warning you peopleabout the appleshop. now you are finding out just what they do. so reap what you sew you hippie lovers
clark

Harrodsburg, KY

#28 Mar 25, 2013
hippie lovers ???... well, if they didn't smell so bad I might ... naw ... don't think I would waste my time, nor the erection!!!
masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#29 Mar 28, 2013
right on clark. too many bootyliscious babes to waste time with the fishy smelling appleheads
Huh

Virgie, KY

#30 Mar 28, 2013
say that again
Fred

Whitesburg, KY

#31 Mar 28, 2013
I just hope all you strip miners have to live here in this mess you made. Coal is dead, and I hope you have to live on poke salad, and possums. That's the only thing that can live on the land you destroyed, and you are too stupid to get a job anywhere away from here.
war

Whitesburg, KY

#32 Mar 28, 2013
Wars can be started with a single word. This is so sad. Peace.
masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#33 Mar 29, 2013
Fred wrote:
I just hope all you strip miners have to live here in this mess you made. Coal is dead, and I hope you have to live on poke salad, and possums. That's the only thing that can live on the land you destroyed, and you are too stupid to get a job anywhere away from here.
and you sir are too stupid to get a job here. Have fun spending your food stamps for Easter.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34 Mar 29, 2013
Fred wrote:
Damn I love polk salad. Or poke salad however it's spelled.
Truth Teller

Whitesburg, KY

#35 Mar 29, 2013
harddollar wrote:
i have been on here rainting and raving for the last 5 years warning you peopleabout the appleshop. now you are finding out just what they do. so reap what you sew you hippie lovers
In other words, you've been making a fool out of yourself for the last five years. Speaking of the last five years, perhaps you could enlighten us on just what Appalshop has done to hurt the coal industry during that period. Name one official Appalshop film or document that is anti-coal, and even more specifically, anti-coal miner. That's right, you can't, because it doesn't exist. You're just a hater with an agenda.
Just wondering

London, KY

#36 Mar 29, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you've been making a fool out of yourself for the last five years. Speaking of the last five years, perhaps you could enlighten us on just what Appalshop has done to hurt the coal industry during that period. Name one official Appalshop film or document that is anti-coal, and even more specifically, anti-coal miner. That's right, you can't, because it doesn't exist. You're just a hater with an agenda.
No im not a hater nor is my opinion preformed about what "appalheads" are about, but can you explain what your group has done to entrench yourselves in this community as a whole. I am not from here and have been here for about 6 years(from up north), I do have family and strong ties to the people and community, I do hear alot of negativity towards your group it seems to me that you getting on TOPIX and degrading youself as others do only lowers you to their standard. One would hope that you are not representative of your group. As I am absolutely positive that the comments in this forum prior to mine are not representative of who I am
truth hurts

Louisville, KY

#39 Mar 31, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>No im not a hater nor is my opinion preformed about what "appalheads" are about, but can you explain what your group has done to entrench yourselves in this community as a whole. I am not from here and have been here for about 6 years(from up north), I do have family and strong ties to the people and community, I do hear alot of negativity towards your group it seems to me that you getting on TOPIX and degrading youself as others do only lowers you to their standard. One would hope that you are not representative of your group. As I am absolutely positive that the comments in this forum prior to mine are not representative of who I am
stay around long enough buddy and you will see what community minded people they really are. They are worse than the coal companies. At least the coal companies respect their workers. appleheads try to use the cultural riches of this area to line their own pockets and all the while insult and put the true LOCAL people down. TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN
who is that masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#40 Mar 31, 2013
Truth Teller wrote:
<quoted text>
all one has to do is google appalshop coal and you discover a wealth of information about what they are doing. "Appalshop is a multi-disciplinary arts and education center in the heart of Appalachia producing original fi lms, video, theater, music and spoken-word recordings, radio, photography, multimedia, and books. For 37 years, Appalshop has been an active force in strengthening Appalachia's assets and wrestling with its problems. Appalshop has worked with many of our region's citizen groups in producing videotapes, radio programs, and other work that presents the realities of daily life in the coalfi elds. A strong and active Appalshop will play an important role as we deal with an expanding coal industry. As the country debates the role of coal in meeting our energy policies, Americans need to know how those decisions have repercussions in the mountains. Examples of the ways that Appalshop artists have played constructive roles in engaging communities with the issues surrounding coal are the fi lms Coal Bucket Outlaw and Sludge and community radio programs such as Mountain Talk.
who is that masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#41 Mar 31, 2013
In 2009, Tom Hansell produced The Electricity Fairy (Appalshop) about the building of Dominion Power’s coal-fired power plant in Southwest Virginia and is currently working on another documentary, After Coal: Welsh and Appalachian Mining Communities, which explores Welsh lessons on community and cultural survival after coal.
who is that masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#42 Mar 31, 2013
did anyone see the 1100 news showing these hippies bringing in the epa tring to get more regulations to shut down mining. the ky for the commonwealth bunch and their sister company the appalshop are not going to quit until we are all out of work. it is hard enough now to run a mine because all the regulations and 100's of federal and state inspectors running around showing their ass let a lone the epa. if the people dont wise up and run these appalheads out of here we are all going to be sorry, but it will be too late if not already. it is a sad time when our media which works of of coal money would let these sneaky bastards do this and cover it on the news. who would listen to a bunch of long bearded hippies and a young gothic woman whom does not know her ass hole from her elbow. if you people do not quit supporting the appalshop, ky for the commonwealth, summit city and the courthouse cafe we are all going to be screwed. wake up letcher county
who is that masked man

Whitesburg, KY

#43 Mar 31, 2013
DO you not realize that MINING this coal is KILLING you, your children, and the rest of us as well??? How can you be worried about jobs when statistics show that more people from coal run areas are showing signs of heart and lung disease and PLUS not the poison that is in our water! COAL has KILLED, harmed, and damaged more people than the EPA, Appalshop, KFTC, has ever caused! They are trying to help us and save us and people like you choose to remain ignorant to the reality of the destruction that COAL has really caused. DO some research before you back something up completely. These people would not be opposing coal unless it didn't KILL and is KILLING as much people that it has. Coal has 30 years left. Then its all gone. Is that really a fucking future?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panhandler Jim Ward Controlling You Whimpy Repu... 1 hr Control Freak 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Justified Justice 167,810
Meth heads 11 hr angel eyes 20
constable 15 hr Beth 5
Mountain Heritage Festival 20 hr Crazy 15
Heritage kitchen in Whitesburg (Oct '15) Fri Dudewhosuckstatte... 58
Women with tattoos look like men Fri Dudewhosuckstatte... 11

Whitesburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesburg Mortgages