Whitestown Board ..........Fire Distr...

Whitestown Board ..........Fire District

Posted in the Whitesboro Forum

Concerned Resident

Auburn, NY

#1 Nov 16, 2009
Why is it that the Whitestown Board has spent thousands of dollars in 2 seperate studies and nothing has hit the news on if and when it will take effect, for the fastest responding Fire Departments to appropreatly respond to emergeny calls. Way to spend taxpayers money and not do anything with it. Here is an example The residents in Strawberry Fields development currently have the New York Mills Fire Department respond. I bet money on half if not more of those residence think it would be Whitesboro Fire Department. According to the study Whitesboro Fire Department is closer and have a faster response time to that development. So, here is another way that local politicians spend money and do not use the results to their advantage. I personally would want the faster Fire Department to respond if I had an emergency. What are your thoughts???????
thoughts

New York, NY

#2 Nov 17, 2009
my thoughts are why try to fix something that aint broke?
This is being done to service a certain situation of a certain village.
Whats the truth

Auburn, NY

#3 Nov 29, 2009
thoughts wrote:
my thoughts are why try to fix something that aint broke?
This is being done to service a certain situation of a certain village.
Yeah, that would be the Village of Whitesboro! It's made up of a village board who was broke three months into the year! I think we need some fresh, young blood in office. Maybe they can turn things around!
Time For a Change

Auburn, NY

#4 Nov 29, 2009
The town board is doing the right thing by changing these districts. Fourty Years ago all that land up in the town was farmland and was not developed at all. But now that there is houses up there it is going to be better served by a department that is a lot closer. Whitesboro Fire Department. There is no reason for New York Mills to be going all the way up into the Town of Whitestown when Whitesboro is a hell of a lot closer then them. This post also goes to Thoughts post. This situation has been broke for a while and this is not servicing any situation or village. The town is doing was has been proven the right thing to do. That is redo the fire lines and get the closet department to get the job down.
Taxpayer

Schenectady, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2009
Why does the Chief of the Whitesboro Fire Department have a new SUV? Where is the old one? Is this needed. The taxpayers are paying for this!
busy

New York, NY

#6 Jan 3, 2010
they are a busy dept. why should he beat up his own vehicle going to calls? you jealous?

as far as changing districts..thats a can of worms you open. why not realign NYM and NH fire Districts then? where would it end?
Your kinding me

Auburn, NY

#7 Jan 30, 2010
He still doesn't need a new vehicle!! How often does he even respond to a call?? Seriously!! If it's beating up his vehicle that your worried about then why not give everyone a vehicle to take to calls!! Bottom line, WFD like to spend money!!!
Who

New York, NY

#8 Feb 14, 2010
Your kinding me wrote:
He still doesn't need a new vehicle!! How often does he even respond to a call?? Seriously!! If it's beating up his vehicle that your worried about then why not give everyone a vehicle to take to calls!! Bottom line, WFD like to spend money!!!
that is just dumb. not everyone is charged by law to respond to a scene and take charge of it you fool.
Aprile

Utica, NY

#9 Apr 22, 2010
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR KINDING ME:
Every Chief , assts. etc...DO HAVE a new vehicle to drive! Yes, it is bulls__it. Their expenses should be drastically cut. This is a very big portion which leads to higher taxes! We the residents need to pay more attention to the rediculous spending.
resident

Auburn, NY

#10 Apr 23, 2010
I'm so sick of hearing about how the chiefs volunteer their time so that's why they get new vehicles. Last time I checked there's other volunteer fire departments in this area and they don't have vehicles provided for their chiefs. If you didn't give them vehicles they would still volunteer, its been that way for years. Its a expense this village can't afford. So Brenda i guess the chiefs having vehicles which is apart of the tax increase is more important then people in the village loosing their homes. Makes sense!
BillF

Brookings, SD

#11 Apr 24, 2010
Taxpayer wrote:
Why does the Chief of the Whitesboro Fire Department have a new SUV? Where is the old one? Is this needed. The taxpayers are paying for this!
Chief Glenn of NYMFD has a new Chief's vehicle from the town of NH.
suv

New York, NY

#12 May 6, 2010
resident wrote:
I'm so sick of hearing about how the chiefs volunteer their time so that's why they get new vehicles. Last time I checked there's other volunteer fire departments in this area and they don't have vehicles provided for their chiefs. If you didn't give them vehicles they would still volunteer, its been that way for years. Its a expense this village can't afford. So Brenda i guess the chiefs having vehicles which is apart of the tax increase is more important then people in the village loosing their homes. Makes sense!
do you retards have any clue as to how much time is put into these positions? of course not, your all just keyboard know it alls. this kinda thing is done all over. I dont seee any bitching about the chief of ufd having a vehicle. LOL
fools

New York, NY

#13 May 6, 2010
BillF wrote:
<quoted text> Chief Glenn of NYMFD has a new Chief's vehicle from the town of NH.
that was a resuce vehilce i thought!
WGR555

New York, NY

#14 May 6, 2010
donthatetheplay

Ithaca, NY

#15 May 8, 2010
resident wrote:
you should really get your fax first before you comment on chief vehicles.There is other depts. that have them.But then again you need to comment on things you don't even know about. Keep riding on all the coat tails.
donthatetheplay

Ithaca, NY

#16 May 8, 2010
fools wrote:
<quoted text>
that was a resuce vehilce i thought!
No it's not its his chief's vehicle. It was surrpose to be a rescue but he wants to keep up with the jones. Did you know the town of NH bought that.But it's all about NY mills FD
donthatetheplay

Ithaca, NY

#17 May 8, 2010
Aprile wrote:
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR KINDING ME:
Every Chief , assts. etc...DO HAVE a new vehicle to drive! Yes, it is bulls__it. Their expenses should be drastically cut. This is a very big portion which leads to higher taxes! We the residents need to pay more attention to the rediculous spending.
village does not own them fd does and there only is one new vehicle i think.also their expenses were cut 50,000 in two years and their fire contract money they get from the town had to be used for village PAY ROLL is that RIGHT.
donthatetheplaye r

Ithaca, NY

#18 May 8, 2010
the village needs to break away from the fire dept. There would be a cost savings
dontbestupid

Waterville, NY

#19 May 9, 2010
this is a dumb issue. Westmoreland has a chiefs vehicle. Rome and Utica as well. Every fire agency in Onondaga has multiple chiefs vehicles. You people need to get a clue. this is past practice everywhere but in our sh*tty area .... buttcrack central NY.
donthatetheplaye r

Ithaca, NY

#20 May 9, 2010
dontbestupid wrote:
this is a dumb issue. Westmoreland has a chiefs vehicle. Rome and Utica as well. Every fire agency in Onondaga has multiple chiefs vehicles. You people need to get a clue. this is past practice everywhere but in our sh*tty area .... buttcrack central NY.
good point thank you for knowing the facts and not just writing what you think is true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WKTV reports on stories without ever checking f... 1 hr Gretchen 13
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 1 hr thatblows 1
Want to read something funny? 1 hr wow 1
Motorcycle noise (Apr '10) 1 hr 80sguy 111
rush 2 hr Mr Civics 88
Frank's unibody & frame shop 3 hr Junkyardjockey 1
Sullivan slapped by courts Jul 24 Mya 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitesboro Mortgages