Whitesboro babysitter Alec Champagne, 14, pleads guilty in 2-year-old girl's slaying

Dec 13, 2010 Full story: New Hartford Pennysaver

Alec Champagne, 14, left stands next to his attorney, Les Lewis, in Oneida County Court Monday, Nov.

Full Story
Long Time Utican

Rome, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2010
If I heard WKTV correctly when they announced this story, they said that Alex would be sentenced to 5 years in a secured Detention Facitity (due to his age).

Then what happens? Is this all the time he has to serve after killing a little 2 year old baby and also sexually molesting her?

OR - when he reaches the age of 18, will he also be sentenced to do time in an adult prison.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I find it totally unacceptable that Alex will end up free as a bird after only 5 years of doing his sentence. What he admitted doing to that poor little baby was a deliberate and cold intentional act and should be sentenced to much more than a few years.
Prince of Meat

AOL

#2 Dec 13, 2010
The fact that he pleaded guilty and that he is white is probably making more of a difference than anything. It will be very unfair if after 5 years he is free.

Prayer to the family of that little girl.
fact

United States

#3 Dec 13, 2010
how sad that the murderer will see the light of day.. and the poor victim .....

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 19, 2012
sorry but yea. he got 5 years....and by next year he will be getting home visits.....source. Melissas mother is the love of my life...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voting Maciol 19 min Sheriff Phony 11
Tazz Hanna 26 min Ill add 19
Imagine life as a Utica Welfare Comets fan! 42 min Comets Welfare Stars 29
Compassion Coalition- Who's In Charge There? 1 hr ZZtop 6
best place to buy a used car from? 2 hr ZZtop 2
Kachare, Wassel and Kodsy. (Nov '12) 2 hr Sliver 18
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 2 hr sam 12
Whitesboro Dating
Find my Match

Whitesboro Jobs