W.Pa. man sues Allegheny Co. over coa...

W.Pa. man sues Allegheny Co. over coal rights

There are 1 comment on the Public Opinion story from Oct 9, 2008, titled W.Pa. man sues Allegheny Co. over coal rights. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A suburban Pittsburgh man is suing Allegheny County, saying it's preventing him from mining coal he owns under a county park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

dave

Saint Clairsville, OH

#1 Oct 10, 2008
This guy doesn't get it. Why would anyone want to replace part of a park's natural forest and preserve area with concrete courts. Forget about concerts in the park, all that you would hear is the drone of mining machinery up to a mile away. It would ruin the park, but this self centered jerk doesn't care. Can you imagine how this would ruin the lives of the people living in neighborhoods adjacent to this area. Where are the trucks going to enter and leave the park. There will be a steady stream of 30 ton dump trucks going in and out every minute of everyday and they would have to either go out at stoltz road or down at brownsville rd. Aren't there churches and schools on the area of brownsville rd. As for stoltz rd, the trucks would spook the horses that you see along that road. I run through this area and there are several bikers and horseback riders who use this area. Again, I respect Dan Onorato and Vince Gastgeb for fighting for our park. I wonder if it is legal to post papers all over south park on trees and poles to catch the interest of people that use this park. The last time, only 300 people showed up to fight this. There needs to be community involvement in order to make a stance and let this judge know the impact on people who use this park. It may make sense to send letters to the county or take up a petition. I am open to suggestions and will help in any way that I can. This guy is a low life and everyone needs to contribute and do everything they can to help fight this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitehall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do black people use their cell phone like i... (Feb '13) 4 hr Mark 18
New to area 10 hr Candy Man 9
Mutt Jr.'s Bait Shop - Glassport, PA 15 hr Veridi 3
This will make you sick (May '13) Mar '16 Tracy Green 2
Constitution Drive (May '10) Jan '16 Anonymous 13
News Police search for woman caught on camera dumpin... (Nov '15) Nov '15 schakie11 1
Where is Patti Fontana (Apr '10) Oct '15 none 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitehall Mortgages