UPDATE: Whitehall assault has extensive background

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

Two teenagers should face assault and battery charges after a fight in a lakeshore grocery store.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2008
dan muskegon

Flint, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 14, 2007
 
loser

Since: Jun 07

Bugtussell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 15, 2007
 
Dan, ya left somthin out. The "S". It should be losers.
mhl

East Jordan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 15, 2007
 
This sounds like a lot of drama, that should never have been allowed to go this far. How do you stop trash talk though with the way the internet is set up? 20yrs ago if you came into someone's yard/home etc and started attacking the whole family that person would have been lucky to leave alive. At the least he would have had his face rearranged several times by friends and family and the community would have shunned him. Did the brothers Joey and Ryan have a history of being bullies? Maybe this should be a lesson for them to close their mouth.
Missing You

Montague, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 15, 2007
 
mhl wrote:
This sounds like a lot of drama, that should never have been allowed to go this far. How do you stop trash talk though with the way the internet is set up? 20yrs ago if you came into someone's yard/home etc and started attacking the whole family that person would have been lucky to leave alive. At the least he would have had his face rearranged several times by friends and family and the community would have shunned him. Did the brothers Joey and Ryan have a history of being bullies? Maybe this should be a lesson for them to close their mouth.
I wonder what people twenty years ago would do to someone like Gabe for saying the things he did about Ben Peterson. Every single person reading and watching the news has no idea what Gabe said about Ben. The words he used and the lies he told. I just hope that if it was your best friend that had just passed away no more than three days before, and some idiot was talking ill of them, you would want to defend his name. Defend his memory. The news makes me sick. The reasoning behind what Gabe did makes me want to literally vomit. This isnt because of what someone said about his girlfriend on Myspace. He was never defending her. He didnt like Ben, and he even said he was "happy the fucker was dead".

Dont tell lies people. Thats what you should learn from this. Dont spread rumors, especially about someones death.

Reading the mothers statements on here, makes me realize she is no better than Gabe. All of the lies. I cant help but laugh histerically at the bull shes putting out there. Poor mommy. Right? Ha.
crazee muthah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 15, 2007
 
"They trespassed on our lawn, they wouldn't leave".

Are there not any adults acting in this situation? Certainly not the mother?
RAJ

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 15, 2007
 
Missing You wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what people twenty years ago would do to someone like Gabe for saying the things he did about Ben Peterson. Every single person reading and watching the news has no idea what Gabe said about Ben. The words he used and the lies he told. I just hope that if it was your best friend that had just passed away no more than three days before, and some idiot was talking ill of them, you would want to defend his name. Defend his memory. The news makes me sick. The reasoning behind what Gabe did makes me want to literally vomit. This isnt because of what someone said about his girlfriend on Myspace. He was never defending her. He didnt like Ben, and he even said he was "happy the fucker was dead".
Dont tell lies people. Thats what you should learn from this. Dont spread rumors, especially about someones death.
Reading the mothers statements on here, makes me realize she is no better than Gabe. All of the lies. I cant help but laugh histerically at the bull shes putting out there. Poor mommy. Right? Ha.
I totally agree. Anyone who has any experience with the people involved would know that there's much more to this story, and much of what we've heard on the news is biased. We need to hear the "rest of the story."

Since: Jun 07

Bugtussell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 15, 2007
 
RAJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. Anyone who has any experience with the people involved would know that there's much more to this story, and much of what we've heard on the news is biased. We need to hear the "rest of the story."
Where is ole Paul Harvey when ya need him?
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 16, 2007
 
hey "missing you" *i am assuming Arielle
you should really get your quotes right, you know that right?

P.S.
he was not spreading rumors he was voicing his opinion
Noa Shita

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 16, 2007
 
Moral of the Story...Watch what you write on "my space" or any published website... It could come back to haunt you...heh, heh ,HEH HEH HEGH!!!(goulish-laughter)
wow

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 16, 2007
 
the moral of the story isn't just watch what you write online. it is watch what you say and how you treat people in general. what you do really does affect the people around you.
Private

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 20, 2007
 
A friendly reminder, please make sure that you comment directly about the story. Do not go on foolish attacks against other posters on this form,this is a talk back page NOT a social networking site.
Ms B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 20, 2007
 
Private wrote:
A friendly reminder, please make sure that you comment directly about the story. Do not go on foolish attacks against other posters on this form,this is a talk back page NOT a social networking site.
I know, this post has nothing to do with the original topic. Is this your first time on one of these sites? Do you really think that when a group of people that are all heated up about an issue get together like this that every one will play nice? It is a nice thought and a great idea, but it will never happen.
sjn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 20, 2007
 
I wish you people would have known gabe, and the whole story before you start making asumptions
Mr Manly Man

Whitehall, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 28, 2007
 
I know most of the people involved in this whole thing. It's really a horrible meshing of personalities if you ask me. Gabe seems to me like a guy who is really protective of his family and friends and he has good reason to be. And most of the kids on the other side are pretty nice kids. I know that most of them used to make fun of Gabe to though. I know Ben and Paul did. Mostly because he was a guy cheerleader. This whole new thing is with a kid who didn't know anyone involved when he started. He had just moved to Michigan. I know Gabe's little brother was threatened to and if it were me I would be a little mad to when the police hadn't done anything about me being assaulted and then the kid kept threatening my brother and pissing me off. Gabe never ever would have meant to seriously hurt the kid. Get to actually know him before you judge him people.
Way to much drama for such a little town...
Right

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 1, 2008
 
Mr Manly Man wrote:
Gabe never ever would have meant to seriously hurt the kid. Get to actually know him before you judge him people.
If you actually did know him, you would at least show some sort of anger at the entire situation instead of being entirely sympathetic to Gabe.
I went to high school with all of the parties involved and wasn't friends with Gabe nor Ben or Paul. And honestly, Gabe was a teenager seeking attention. He fed off the attention he was getting because he was a male cheerleader, even if it was negative attention. There is no such thing as good press or bad press, its about making your name heard.
And if he was in fact made fun of, I'm pretty sure that that does not give him the right to beat some kid stupid.
Quite honestly, its known that Paul and Ben were not the most friendly of characters in WHS. Do you really think Gabe was the only one who got made fun of? It doesn't matter. Bullying is a common factor of high school life. If he wanted to be portrayed as the victim, he wouldn't have acted agressively.
The people who showed up at his house were charged with assault accordingly. They are no longer involved in this.
What I really think is sad about this entire situation is that the real problem isn't being addressed. How hard is it to teach your kids a little respect? I don't think this case should be an eye-opener to teenagers and myspace comments. This SHOULD make parents realize what's going on in high schools.
whitehall MI

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 6, 2008
 
i went to school with all of them. && ben and paul are very friendly. ben was one of the most sincere people i have ever known. and paul too. the only reason these two were not friendly to anyone, was the simple fact that people talk crap. that is the only reson they would have been rude to someone. and the only reason people talk crap about them is because they are jealous. i know this from being around both of them first hand. i know those two better than anyone. the reason actions with gabe attacking that kid at school had nothing to do with ben paul or any of the other parties involved. the group of people that went to gabes house were petersons best friends. none of those people were friends with the kid gabe attacked at school. this was a completly different situation. it comes down to the simple fact that gabe is nuts, just like his mother. you know the saying, "the apple doesnt fall far from the tree".
Please give the Peterson family a break, and keep Bens name out of everything. Bringing Petey up all the time does nothing but make it harder for them. He is gone, he's not coming back, please just let him rest in peace.

R.I.P. BENJAMIN LEE PETERSON!!!!!!!!!!
(keep on shining...I LOVE YOU)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whitehall Discussions

Search the Whitehall Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Jul 12 tjj 147
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Jun 27 barbara bellis 12
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) May '14 Mike 94
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitehall Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Whitehall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Whitehall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Whitehall
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••