port development
popeye

Cape Girardeau, MO

#1 Aug 29, 2013
yea/lets haul iron ore/copper/new cars/christmas trees/export sewage to chicago and detroit.pig iron to the chinese.dont forget to increase sewage rates do to the lack of poop.eat poop corn.....give it up people you killed muskegon years ago.its another detroit......just put up a headstone at the channel.....your whipping a dead horse for money.....
Derrick

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2013
With your attitude, Muskegon will be, po*peye.
popeye

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Sep 5, 2013
i lived/or should say survived there for forty years and worked alot of places while i watched them slowly die a miserable death.nobody seemed to care as long as they had their hands in the till.it was a shame to watch it move away .corporate byouts.founders passing away more byouts.almost all the companys were gobbled up and shipped out of state,starting with the norge.every one jumped on the band wagon.now you have a ghost town.nothing is sadder than to see these business disappear.most younger people dont know what muskegon was once.ask your grandparents if they still live there in poverty.good luck .your about 40 years late
Apollonia Jackson

Plainwell, MI

#4 Sep 5, 2013
Naw, Muskegon will never be successful with they way it's citizens act. I try to be an upstanding young, professional African American woman, but all of my peers are trashy and a shame to our community. Several relatives of mine from Ghana has said to me, that we need to get our act together, even the Africans over in Africa hate us African Americans because we give our heritage, and homeland a bad name. It is sad the state of things are, nowadays.
popeye

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Sep 6, 2013
thank you apollonia.every ones future depends on our young people.dont keep making the same mistakes over and over.one wise generation can change the world.teach your child well.
Deb

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2013
So you think Muskegon can't make a come back? I was born there and raised in Whitehall until I was 15, then we moved down South. I really miss the area. When I visit Muskegon, it is like something is missing. My late aunts and uncles and parents of friends still there worked in the Muskekgon factories. I get an empty feeling.
popeye

Cape Girardeau, MO

#7 Sep 10, 2013
deb,every one that watched it slowly die is heart sick.no one today knows the sadness we feel in our hearts.it was a wonderful place in its day.we will never see that again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitehall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) May 5 watching livonia 127
Review: All Seasons RV (Aug '15) Apr '16 Ebay buyer 5
News Christine Workman's mug shot from the Muskegon ... Apr '16 WhoDat 1
Review: Kaley Park Kennels (Jul '10) Apr '16 theresachalko 16
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Apr '16 marieorrmiller 20
News Whiteout conditions, record rain, and the lates... Mar '16 tworowwampum 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Mar '16 Robert 180
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitehall Mortgages