Muskegon meeting looks at teen's shooting

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

City officials expect an early evening meeting to be packed when The Spotlight Nightclub is discussed.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

This type of behavior at a black gangsta night club.

How shocking.
Mike

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 21, 2008
 
Jesse wrote:
This type of behavior at a black gangsta night club.
How shocking.
Exactly! Im guessing this club is in muskegon heights?
Amanda

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

It is very sad that we can't just have a place around Muskegon to have fun and hang out without the fear that someone there or waiting outside has a gun or something! How many bars are we going to have to close around here? And, of course, the violence will still be out there no matter how many clubs you shut down. They will just find somewhere else to do it.
KEITH

Allegan, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Time to close this place. The owner is responsible for what takes place in that club. Crime can happen anywhere,but Muskegon which is just getting on its feet doesn't need this kind of attention.
the truth hurts

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 21, 2008
 
yes, go ahead and take a "look" at it.
you see the same thing all the time.
i dont care how "PC" you want to be, its the same news story, the same type of behaviour, from the same type of people everytime.....
wash rinse and repeat this a few hundred more times and then maybe you can actually see the forest that these same stupid politically correct "trees" seem to keep blocking from plain view.

it does makes for some extremely easy to write news coverage though,
the only thing that changes is the name.
just cut/paste and reprint.
no justice

Sturgis, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 21, 2008
 
There's some good news! Let's let the government get involved, that will fix everything. Sounds like "Big Brother" getting involved in things again. "Big Brother" always fixes everything, right?
Tom

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 21, 2008
 
Wow a club in Muskegon with gun violence? Say it isn't so!!

Same thing will happen in Holland. The asian and black gangs just move down the lakeshore.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

no justice wrote:
There's some good news! Let's let the government get involved, that will fix everything. Sounds like "Big Brother" getting involved in things again. "Big Brother" always fixes everything, right?
The government created the problem by giving the gangstas a liquor license, now the government can fix this problem by revoking the license.

They should have known that any place that attracts young black males will have violence and crime. People can make all the excuses and claims of racism they want, but that doesn't change the facts.
JIMMYK1978

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 21, 2008
 
Really why is a 15 year old getting shot in the back by a 17 year old? As far as I am concerned no one that age should be at a club. Bars and clubs were not intended for kids. Second where were the parents? How does a 17 year old end up with a gun? The first line against violence is the parents it is time they start acting like it. Time for parents to start teaching morals, values, and ethics again. That is if these parents know what that is. I say they should arrest the parents and charge them along with the kid.
JohnQ

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 21, 2008
 
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
The government created the problem by giving the gangstas a liquor license, now the government can fix this problem by revoking the license.
They should have known that any place that attracts young black males will have violence and crime. People can make all the excuses and claims of racism they want, but that doesn't change the facts.
The man makes a good point,
seriously

Bay City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 21, 2008
 
JimmyK you said it best. There is no reason for a 15 or a 17 year old to be at a nightclub and the fact that a 17 year old has a gun sickens me. This isn't as much about race as it is about values. Its time for some of these parents to step up to the plate and do their job.
Jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 21, 2008
 
seriously wrote:
JimmyK you said it best. There is no reason for a 15 or a 17 year old to be at a nightclub and the fact that a 17 year old has a gun sickens me. This isn't as much about race as it is about values. Its time for some of these parents to step up to the plate and do their job.
None so blind as those that won't see.

These young black gangsters have learned the values they have from their parents, or in the vast majority of cases, parent.

Guess what, those values are not hard work, education, respect for others, marriage, and caring for your children.

You have generations of people who care only for short term gratification, being respected with out earning it, BLING, and receiving handouts without working. This behavior is the unavoidable result.
Richard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Close it and direct them to Grand Rapids for their entertainment.
John

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 21, 2008
 
Jesse wrote:
This type of behavior at a black gangsta night club.
How shocking.
]

O plz you redneck.. I live downtown Grand Rapids and the same stuff happens there with white people without the guns. White people fight, run over over people, break windows, bust glass bottles, and steal I saw it all downtown. Go downtown around 2:00 am sober and you will see what i mean..

personally Im getting tired of there behavior downtown
John

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

JIMMYK1978 wrote:
Really why is a 15 year old getting shot in the back by a 17 year old? As far as I am concerned no one that age should be at a club. Bars and clubs were not intended for kids. Second where were the parents? How does a 17 year old end up with a gun? The first line against violence is the parents it is time they start acting like it. Time for parents to start teaching morals, values, and ethics again. That is if these parents know what that is. I say they should arrest the parents and charge them along with the kid.
What you dont reliaze is this is a new era. new million. Nothing wrong with kids out after 12 midnight. This is the 2000's. Its no longer how it was back in your time 1950's...

If age of consent is 16years old whats wrong with a teenager at a club??
maddogcoll1

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

John wrote:
<quoted text>]
O plz you redneck.. I live downtown Grand Rapids and the same stuff happens there with white people without the guns. White people fight, run over over people, break windows, bust glass bottles, and steal I saw it all downtown. Go downtown around 2:00 am sober and you will see what i mean..
personally Im getting tired of there behavior downtown
Yeah, and that compares to the garbage we see on the SE side of town!!!
John

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

maddogcoll1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and that compares to the garbage we see on the SE side of town!!!
Thats what you see. Go to the West side and you will be disgusted at whites.Its bad over there. Whites..
John

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

NW side that is.. Whites do the same thing over there. Lots if white wanna be thugs over. Robbing stealing selling drugs breaking into houses, cars etc..Moms on welfare. All of that. Same stuff
Tracy

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The owner shouldn't be charged with anything. It happened outside of the club. And it was teen night...there was no drinking. I'm happy he's appealing. I don't live in Muskegon so I don't exactly know how bad it is but if you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't be punished for anything.
bye-bye

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

John wrote:
Nothing wrong with kids out after 12 midnight. This is the 2000's. Its no longer how it was back in your time 1950's...
There are still curfew laws in the city. I found this on the city of Grand Rapids website....

City of Grand Rapids ordinance states that no minor under the age of 12-years-old shall loiter, idle, congregate, traverse or remain in or upon any public street, highway, alley or park between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. unless the minor is accompanied by a parent or guardian, or some adult delegated by the parent or guardian to accompany the child. For youth under 15, curfew is 11 p.m. and youth under 17 must be at home by midnight unless accompanied by a parent or guardian, or some adult over the age of twenty-one (21) years delegated by the parent or guardian.

This curfew law is in effect during the school year and summer break.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Whitehall Discussions

Search the Whitehall Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Wed captain obvious 117
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul 23 gottondas 5,482
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Jul 12 tjj 147
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Jun '14 barbara bellis 12
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun '14 lulubell 302
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) May '14 Ned Tugent 114
•••
•••
•••
•••

Whitehall Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Whitehall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Whitehall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Whitehall
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••