Victim's sister talks about possible release of convicted killer

An appeals court judge has agreed to "stay the release" of Wayne Lee Stevens, while deciding whether he poses a risk to the community. Full Story
Mouth in Muskegon

Muskegon, MI

#1 Oct 23, 2007
It should be an eye for an eye. Why should they be able to still breath air, when they take someone else life. It makes no sense. Look at the other country's. They don't waste time and money on the convicted person. THE PUNISHMENT SHOULD FIT THE CRIME.
Amy

Holland, MI

#2 Oct 23, 2007
keep him on prison, he was busted in prison for a sexual offense so there is the proof he has not changed.
or better yet, he should have been put down way back when killed his last known victim
Someone from Whitehall

Cedar Springs, MI

#3 Oct 24, 2007
I am a woman from Whitehall, I no way shape or form want this man back around here. We can walk the streets and know that we are walking safe. I have been following this story very close in fear that he is going to back on our streets. I think that Micigan it self has to re look at the laws. It is a shame that he was not in Texas when this happened, we all know where he would be right now if that was the case!
Pooks

Hastings, MI

#4 Oct 24, 2007
I agree with the comments above. I dont think he behaved good at all in Prison and your going to let him back on these streets. We already have enough people like him around,we dont need one more that has already been caught. He wont change and he will do it again to someone else. He needs to be in Prison for LIFE!
Army brat

Holland, MI

#5 Oct 24, 2007
Support the Michigan concealed weapons law and the Michigan castle doctrine.
After you take classes, pass several background checks, FBI, state and local you have the right to protect yourself and your family from monsters like this guy.
This doesn't mean shoot outs in the street or a blood bath like the anti guns liberals want you to believe, there are strict laws regarding self defense.
the classes will teach you the laws and teach you to shoot safely.
Guns don't kill, criminals and those who put them selfs above the law kill.
Michigan passed the CCW law almost 8 years ago and not one permit holders has committed a gun crime.
Muskegon resident

Portage, MI

#6 Oct 24, 2007
It's not safe for anyone if Wayne Stevens is released. I cannot believe our state would consider allowing him to walk the streets after what he did to that girl and who knows how many other.
Plea Bargain for better sentence when he turned himself in for the crime???
Are you kidding me? What were the people running our courts thinking?
If this man walks free? It is my hope that another bad element will take him out in some way or another.
I cannot believe he was not taken care in prison by someone.
Most Men love woman and do not tolerate rapist and child molesters.
Tony Tag has earned my support over the years and I hope he will stay on this to keep Stevens in prison until the time of his release making him to old to be a threat to anyone!
parent

Rockford, MI

#7 Oct 24, 2007
hAPPY FOR THE SISTER,KEEP FIGHTING TO KEEP IN THE PRISON ! LET HIM SERVE THE OTHER 17 YEARS!!THEN LET GOD DEAL WITH HIM
pepper53

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 Oct 24, 2007
maybe it's time to bring the death penalty to the voters in Michigan.
This should'nt even be an issue.
dimpydip

Manistee, MI

#10 Oct 24, 2007
How can this even be considered? Why is our justice system so wishy-washy when it comes to criminals serving their full sentence? I'm sorry, but if I told my child he was grounded for 2 weeks for his bad behavior, he certainly wouldn't get his "sentence" reduced due to good behavior. That just teaches him he can bargain his way out of the punishment. He can serve the 17 years he has left. He stole someones life away from her family who loved her and her opportunity to live her life.

MAKES ME SICK.
Jack Rabbit

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Oct 24, 2007
What you are all missing is the justice system did its duty like in every other criminal case. Under the now system he did his time and the system said now it's time to let him go free. So now he's a free man and leave him alone. He did his time and now let him go.
chuck roast

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Oct 24, 2007
Quit your crying dimpydip. If he were your family member you be the first on yelling to let him go because he served his time. So shut your mouth.
Heh

United States

#14 Oct 24, 2007
You shut your mouth chuck roast. If that guy was my family member, he wouldn't get any sympathy from me. He did the crime, and he should serve the time... no exceptions. I never got time off for "good behavior" when I was grounded.

I don't get why you would think dimpydip would think that way. Someone who cries about such a thing obviously isn't a good parent when it comes to disciplining their kids. Like now, if you were my kid, I'd backhand you upside your head, because that was just downright disrespectful.

By the way, I'm not dimpydip, cuz I don't live in Manistee. So yeah, you can go suck it.
weneedanswers

Muskegon, MI

#15 Oct 24, 2007
Jack Rabbit wrote:
What you are all missing is the justice system did its duty like in every other criminal case. Under the now system he did his time and the system said now it's time to let him go free. So now he's a free man and leave him alone. He did his time and now let him go.
no!He did not do his time...he's only done 20 of the 40 yrs he was served,for some stupid reason they say he should get out for serving good time..There was no Good time!!!he fricken tried too excape whil he was in there plus tempted sexual acts with woman visitors now how do you consider he did his time!!
Jack Rabbit

Grand Rapids, MI

#16 Oct 24, 2007
Like everyone in prison; they get time for for good behavior. He's no different than anyone else or treated any different thay anyone else. Some of you stupid people can't get that through your heads. The way the system is set up HE DID HIS TIME. so he gets to get out. Who are you people to say it's wrong. Get off your *** and do something about it rather than just bit** here.
outraged

Wayland, MI

#17 Oct 24, 2007
He did not portray good behavior, so that means there should have been no time earned!
weneedanswers

Muskegon, MI

#18 Oct 30, 2007
Jack Rabbit wrote:
Like everyone in prison; they get time for for good behavior. He's no different than anyone else or treated any different thay anyone else. Some of you stupid people can't get that through your heads. The way the system is set up HE DID HIS TIME. so he gets to get out. Who are you people to say it's wrong. Get off your *** and do something about it rather than just bit** here.
Sorry he murdered someone..THERE IS NO GOOD TIME BEHAVIOR FOR THAT..JUST IN PRIZON TO YOU DIE...that is how it should be,who ever made up those rules for muderers needs to be hung by their balls!!!!!!!!!!

“Congrats to all Graduating”

Since: Aug 07

Muskegon, MI

#19 Oct 30, 2007
Jack Rabbit wrote:
I dont think anyone is asking anything stipid here, this man escaped, caught other sex charges while incarcerated, but he got his good time in?
HELL NO, we dont need to get off our ass, the system needs to do its job for a change.
I can see giving it to people that deserve it, but OH, they did away with good time DID THEY NOT?

“Congrats to all Graduating”

Since: Aug 07

Muskegon, MI

#20 Oct 30, 2007
Jack Rabbit wrote:
as much as I hate to admit it, I understand your point.
THE ISSUE IS< HE DID NOT DESERVE THAT GOOD TIME, on top the of brutal crime he commited.

Honestly, did you follow the story when it forst came out(no, not in 1979)..This man killed this woman hours before he was to be in court for another brutal rape.
the is a cold blooded killer, rapist and has showed no signs of rehab, with the sexual tickets
recived while paying his debt, is that how people should pay debts, assult others?
I sure hope you dont over see community service.
I'm sorry, I did say I see your point, but I would understand it more so if the crime was not as in such irregaurd for human life, pure torture.
just agreeing to disagree here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitehall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (May '07) Nov 25 pop 151
Debate: Gay Marriage - Muskegon, MI (Aug '10) Nov 25 Brian_G 54
Review: Muskegon County Road Commission Nov 3 camy62 1
Muskegon Heights Boy Scout Camp? Oct '14 achilles3456 1
Restaurant review: Boar's Belly a welcome addit... Oct '14 Brandon Champion III 2
masterbating Oct '14 rkadera57 1
Free movie tickets! (May '09) Sep '14 marlene70 13
Whitehall Dating
Find my Match

Whitehall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Whitehall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Whitehall

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 pm PST