Where is the best place to meet peopl...

Where is the best place to meet people in kalispell

Posted in the Whitefish Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Single

Columbia Falls, MT

#1 Sep 5, 2007
Just moved to kalispell looking to meet new friends to do things with. What a beautiful place kalispell is.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#2 Sep 5, 2007
No, it use to be beautiful !!!Now it's just sad. Good luck meeting new people honestly :).
cheyrose

Columbia Falls, MT

#3 Sep 5, 2007
Confused in Montana seems like you dislike kalispell. WHY?
Single

Columbia Falls, MT

#4 Sep 5, 2007
well you must be confused (confused in Montana) From what i seen in your posts your hate kalispell. If you hate it so much why dont you
move? I will meet nice people up here.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#5 Sep 5, 2007
Cheyrose,

Hello. To be honest Kalispell has grown so much and it is a shame to see. This town was once a small & quiet town where everyone knew everyone and respected each other. The population growth and "certain" people that are moving here have brought the same thing here that they were trying to get away from. Most of you who are moving here think it is so small, no traffic and overall a small town.

What people need to think about is the people that have lived here long before the growth, the traffic, the noise, the lights, the people etc, etc. WE loved out small and quiet town and now it's ruined for us, but great for you. Kalispell is losing ALOT of people who were born and raised her or have lived here for a long time because of growth and it's getting expensive to live here.

Unfortunatley most of the people here now have more money than they know what to do with and people who don't are getting pushed out. I have posted this before that if you would have seen Kalispell 5 years ago you would be AMAZED of the raping of land and the growth it now has it's insane.

Five years ago you would never see the expensive cars, houses, stores or real estate. The County Commisioners should have had a plan laid out on what devolpers were aloud to do when building, instead they wanted that money in this valley and look what it has become. To me it is very sad to see becuase you cannot replace perfection once you tear it town to build houses that won't sell.

I would like to thank you Cheyrose for asking my opioion first before jumping down my throat like many seem to do. Have a nice evening.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#6 Sep 5, 2007
Single,

If I could move I would, but I can't. The way the housing market is it's a buyers market not a sellers :(. I truly hope you meet the nice people you are looking for. You'll also meet nice people if you work, was it hard for you to find employment here or a good wage ? Have a nice evening.
cheyrose

Columbia Falls, MT

#7 Sep 6, 2007
I agree with you what your saying confused. It's true everything is skyrocking up here everything is getting out of hand. I cant stand the traffic up here the way these people drive here. The out of staters are rude that are moving up here and taking over kalispell. We need our small town back, but it's not happening. It sucks huh.....
single

Columbia Falls, MT

#8 Sep 6, 2007
no, it was not hard finding a job or good wage up here. I work for a family business.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#9 Sep 6, 2007
Cheyrose,

I TOTALLY agree with you :). I honestly do see and predict this town will fall off the map in 5 years. If we DO get our true Montan winters back that will help. The transplants will take all they can from Flathead County and then leave which is fine by me. Tell me about the driving holy shit, I have been almost plowed over at the new pain in the ass round about, what a waste of money. I try and avoid that way and go the long way around town. They should have left it a 4 way and called it good !!!!

Have you noticed that alot of the transplants have out of staters written all over them ? If not, got to Costco or the mall. Well we can only hope for the best and eventually get our small town back. Have a great evening :):)
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#10 Sep 6, 2007
Single,

Well your lucky didn't even need to look. May I ask what business it is ? Thank you.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#11 Sep 6, 2007
Cheyrose,

I TOTALLY agree with you :). I am truly hoping for some severe "real" winters one right after the other and it will look like a mass exit from Flathead county. ALOT of transplants have not yet experienced a true Montana winter, hell I want to leave 3 months into a bad winter and they last 6 months:). I predict this town will fall off the map in the next 2-5 years. People will get what they can out of this town and leave yeep-eee, then we will get our small town back. Don't even get me started on rude ass drivers and people !! Oh one thing the new and much needed roundabout WHAT A JOKE & WATE OF $$$$. It's going to be a death trap, they should have kept it a 4 - way and left it at that !!!!Have a good one.
Confused in Montana

Kalispell, MT

#12 Sep 6, 2007
Sorry I posted twice the first time I tried it didn't go through supposely.
cheyrose

Columbia Falls, MT

#13 Sep 19, 2007
Confused in mt, yeah that round about is a joke and is a mess. I have to go that way just to go see family cause they have church drive closed now what a joke too cause of that new damn subdivision there building there now. Every trime i drive that round about suppose to be like a 4 way stop shit i see people running the stop signs. I almost got hit there once cause of people's stupity that cant even drive it. I think they should've just left it like it was and put a stop light there. Just watch there will be more accidents on it. Im sick of these transplants coming up ehre runing our town too....

Since: Sep 07

Missoula, MT

#14 Sep 23, 2007
confused,
Not trying to be rude, but does your family only serve natives to kalispell or do they appreciate the out of stater's business?
Confused in Montana

Columbia Falls, MT

#15 Sep 25, 2007
JayB,

Hello. Not sure what you mean ? Sorry. Neither myself or my family own a business. Thanks.
Silly

Tillamook, OR

#16 Sep 26, 2007
I am from Kalispell and I've lived here for over 29 years and yes it has grown and yes it has changed but in all honesty its still one of the most BEAUTIFUL and happy place to live. Compare it to whats out there, (I've shoped around) and you will see that its still better then the rest.
Blackfoot willy

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Oct 5, 2007
I think you all sould leave now!!
donno265 at yahoo com

UK

#18 Oct 7, 2007
hey single how old are you what do you do for funive lived here all my life and have 20 beutiful acres up on top of a mountain near kila i generally stay out of kalispell
What is your malfunction

Kalispell, MT

#19 Oct 8, 2007
The unnecessary round-about as you put it is a future provision for the 20 year project in which sveral thousand homes will be built in the 1 square mile east of the high school.
You'll be glad it is there when the population explodes in that area.
What is your malfunction

Kalispell, MT

#20 Oct 8, 2007
If such a small town is desirable, then how come some many children around here grow up and leave town for the big city the first chance they get? If it wasn't for growth and transplants this area would eventually fade away...kinda like Anaconda is doing.
The problem the locals are having is the pace of the growth versus the growth itself.
20 years ago when the Center Mall was built, I bet you and your friends were excited knowing that you didn't have to shop from the Montgomery Wards catalog at Christmas time.
I think it is kinda nice not having to drive 2 hours to go shopping or having to wait a week to have something shipped in.
When that Thing-of-ma-jiggy goes out on your tractor there is a good chance of getting it up and running within a day, but 10 years ago it would have been days before you even go the part in.
You should stop and think about some of the things you take for granted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whitefish Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged in sex assaults on children (Mar '06) Jul 24 spydra 36
Review: New Hope Medicine Jul 14 Lois Black 1
Try to move to Kalispell Jun '15 SnowYeti 2
Information about Kessinger Publishing (Jun '10) Jun '15 david birnbaum 35
Whitefish Jukebox (Jul '12) May '15 Musikologist 12
Living in Whitefish Montana (Oct '14) Apr '15 Anonymous 5
News Decadent Decks (Dec '14) Dec '14 Wally West 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Whitefish Mortgages