First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I have a few questions

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#1 Dec 22, 2011
If there was an offense so serious that chief Hilton and Peggy Bland thought that the mayor should resign, why didn't they bring that information to City Council? Why did they confront him on a Sunday evening and not during regular business hours? Or, more importantly, when the so-called crime was discovered, why wasn’t he charged with anything? Someone should ask the chief and the mayor THAT. How is it the police chief felt he had the power to determine who should be Mayor of WSS, damn the voters?

Let us all not forget (because your city council wants you to!) that the original “crime” that Mayor Thomas was supposed to have committed was viewing pornography on City Hall computers (an allegation Thomas has consistently denied). It's been three months since Steve Hunter turned over “all the information” to investigator Mike Smith of the state police. So, is there any evidence that Mayor Thomas viewed pornography on the city computers?? You’d have thought we would have heard the results of the INVESTIGATION by now. Has the chief been given Mike Smith’s findings and is he keeping it from the citizens of WSS? Someone should ask the chief or the mayor THAT. We know Smith was at City Hall days after the “allegations”. And, by the way, is viewing pornography on city computers even a crime??

Thomas Taylor states in his letter mailed to everyone in the city that he was told that he should resign in order to protect the City from a potential $12 million sexual harassment lawsuit. Huh? What lawsuit?? Are we supposed to believe that after Taylor resigned, that the women in City Hall decided to forego their $12 million dollar payday?? Guess they’re having a pretty good year. Perhaps there never was any chance of a lawsuit. Maybe some should ask the women at city hall THAT. Maybe someone should ask the chief or the mayor about that lawsuit?

I am beginning to think that Hilton and Bland believed that after Taylor walked out the door that would be the end of it. When Taylor and the Citizens of WSS began to fight back, they had to go to plan B – create more allegations. I think they knew there was no crime. I think they knew there was no potential lawsuit. So I think they began to come up with all sorts of “other” allegations to scare Thomas from fighting back and to make the people of WSS lose faith in their Mayor. If there was supposedly all this OTHER wrong doing, why wasn’t he charged? Why didn’t they tell the WSS citizens? Maybe someone should ask the chief or the mayor about that lawsuit?

That hasn’t worked. Most people in WSS see it for what it is. Thomas was run out because he was making changes that were good for the city. And the citizens of WSS elect their mayor; they do not have them appointed for them.

The question is this—Is it true what the powers to be apparently believe--that the people of WSS are too ignorant to understand what is happening to them and their city? And even if they do, are they to lazy and timid to do anything about it?
citizen

Princeton, WV

#2 Dec 22, 2011
Hylton, Bland & City Council would not reveal any details--they said it was BAD--very Bad...well, what was bad???...we hear weak allegations, but nothing so "bad"...what is the deal? This all adds up to a big, much-ado-about nothing set up to get rid of the mayor...not nice & not legal it seems...hope this is all resolved very soon...not a good thing for WSS...
keep asking

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Mayor Taylor told his side of the story...so now where is THEIR side of the story??? All citizens of WSS get is a load of nothing from Hylton, Bland and just about everyone on City Council.'Citizen' is right - WHERE are the details from the parties other than Taylor? Why was Taylor called to City Hall on an emergency basis? Exactly what was all that about and let's not allow it to be swept under the rug. And, how many hours is that creepy 'city attorney' billing for all this nonsense created by Hylton and Bland? Citizens of WSS deserve to see his billings and review them in light of the fact that Taylor was ordered to get to City Hall because of 'an emergency'. Indeed, what are the results of the so-called investigation? City Council said it had been handed over, so what is the status and most importantly what is the result - or was that also a lie to WSS voters.
angry

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#4 Dec 23, 2011
someone help fix this !
Citizen

Princeton, WV

#5 Dec 24, 2011
Well you morons elected and had these idiots appointed! either vote them out, fire them, or make them resign or quite your bitchin! Sitting around griping about it ain't gonna fix it!
Heres the deal

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 27, 2011
There is only one person and one person only who is responsible for Taylor no longer being the mayor of WSS and that is Mr. Taylor himself.
When the going got just a little bit rough, Taylor crumbled under the pressure and folded up. He signed the resignation letter. End of story.
my view

Princeton, WV

#7 Dec 27, 2011
Talk about something important like water shut off for next two days then is it going to be fit to use. We should not be charged for water UNTIL it is fit to use.
Ja2it

Lewisburg, WV

#8 Dec 28, 2011
hey "Heres the deal" it was a resignation letter typed up by Linda Coleman Barker not by Mayor Taylor!
1 post removed
shreser

Charleston, WV

#10 Feb 17, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Well you morons elected and had these idiots appointed! either vote them out, fire them, or make them resign or quite your bitchin! Sitting around griping about it ain't gonna fix it!
dead on right go do something about it or as the poster typed quit griping you have the right to voice your concerns at meetings and the power of the vote

Since: Feb 12

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#11 Feb 18, 2012
shreser wrote:
<quoted text>dead on right go do something about it or as the poster typed quit griping you have the right to voice your concerns at meetings and the power of the vote
I think they do a fine job and jerry smith is the best chief for wss!!

Since: Feb 12

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 Feb 18, 2012
ifn they had one them electon for cheif i thikn i would be a gooden but my mone is on old jerre smith we went to school wheen wes was youngns
ole man

Charleston, WV

#13 Feb 18, 2012
do not worry wrote:
ifn they had one them electon for cheif i thikn i would be a gooden but my mone is on old jerre smith we went to school wheen wes was youngns
why the hell are you postin this crap truly ur a damn fool
fed up

Princeton, WV

#14 Feb 19, 2012
Ja2it wrote:
hey "Heres the deal" it was a resignation letter typed up by Linda Coleman Barker not by Mayor Taylor!
bUT MR TAYLOR dIDNT hAVE TO SIGN IT, I FEEL , THAT WHEN THE GOING GOT TOUGH HE SIGNED IT, and got out, IS THAT THE KINDA MAYOR WSS NEEDS. HELL NO!!!!!!!! it aint, and we damn sure dont need jerry smith as the acting chief.
fed up

Princeton, WV

#15 Feb 19, 2012
do not worry wrote:
ifn they had one them electon for cheif i thikn i would be a gooden but my mone is on old jerre smith we went to school wheen wes was youngns
and you didnt learn to spell either did ya.
fed up

Princeton, WV

#16 Feb 19, 2012
do not worry wrote:
<quoted text> I think they do a fine job and jerry smith is the best chief for wss!!
OMG, the damn k-9 dog wouldve been better than jerry smith, he dont know his ass from a whole in the ground.
and now thomas is wanting to get rid of chico. who eles is he going to fire.
well, look out drug dealers you will be able to do your drugs on main street before long, cause there aint going to be no cops in the town of wss, thomas is going to be firing them all.
What

Princeton, WV

#17 Feb 19, 2012
fed up wrote "and now thomas is wanting to get rid of chico"

Where did you here that??

PS the CURRENT cops aren't doing anything about the drug dealers...
Information

United States

#18 Feb 19, 2012
U know, this how much you people know on whats going on. You say you went to school with Jerry Smith. 1. Jerry was born in the Southwest part of Virginia in I think the 60's. 2. He went to school in Virginia. 3. He was an officer in Virginia for several years. 4. Moved to West Virginia in the 80's. 4. Went to work with the police department in the 90's.
Don't tell people lie. Tell the facts. I know the facts for Jerry worked for me at Mountain Internation for several years.
He knows how to do the job and the way I see it. For him to move up in the department, he was next in line and had no choice but be the Acting Chief. If he is smart he will stay as number two man not number one. All we need is another mayor to come in and let him go like Taylor did Hilton. NOT FAIR. Hope Hilton gets his job back. May not return as chief but as an officer.
IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE FACTS STAY OFF TOPIX'S.
shrewser

Charleston, WV

#19 Feb 19, 2012
we need the dog darn it and ill pay for the dog food ,as far as the drug dealers go, the police force is kinda short handed .and they got enough to do ,if the folks wouldnt hate the law and help them get these drug dealers we would all be better off the police have to go by the laws to get the job done unlike the dealers so we all need to step up and help not just gripe
shrewser

Charleston, WV

#20 Feb 19, 2012
What wrote:
fed up wrote "and now thomas is wanting to get rid of chico"
Where did you here that??
PS the CURRENT cops aren't doing anything about the drug dealers...
the issue of chico was voiced at the last city council meetingni was there
What

Princeton, WV

#21 Feb 19, 2012
I was there too. He did not want to get rid of chico

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor will resign 1 hr Rebel Yell 12
Medical Marijuana 6 hr Ready to Move 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 15 hr RSM 4,084
cell towers on greenbrier mountain Sun Charleston fact ... 5
Apricot Lane (Dec '14) Sat CustomerFirst 17
Jennifer Hefner Fri Brutis 3
general lewis (Oct '15) Apr 21 Not from the burg 29

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

White Sulphur Springs Mortgages