Justice credits staff, volunteers for...

Justice credits staff, volunteers for keeping tournament on course

There are 26 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Jul 4, 2012, titled Justice credits staff, volunteers for keeping tournament on course. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

Greenbrier owner Jim Justice said the massive effort to get the area prepared for a PGA event after Friday's devastating storm helped accelerate the restoration of crucial utilities like power and water to local communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lbg resident

United States

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Screw you jim justice
Jeez

United States

#2 Jul 4, 2012
I hope it storms like the devil's fury during this whole freaking event. The most ridiculous thing is that these power decisions were made by OUR GOVERNOR!
wooty wooo

United States

#3 Jul 4, 2012
Have some cawk you filthy commy!!!
Jeez

United States

#4 Jul 4, 2012
FMR... I just read the article....where was the fat bastard when there was no ice and water for three days? Bet if we locals had shown up in the lobby our asses would of been run out or arrested. Lying prick...
Pissed Off

Princeton, WV

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Ya, lying bastard! I would have to add....The asshole was too worried about the tourney instead of any of the citizens. I hear the employees at the hotel worked Sunday in the dark and heat without even so much as a glass of ice water. I also believe that our power would already be restored if not for the efforts of big Jim to see the hotel had the juice, while we all did, and are doing without! Seems even he cant get the hint when the hand of God swoops down and tries to stop the jerk!
Spread your tiny wings

United States

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Jeez wrote:
FMR... I just read the article....where was the fat bastard when there was no ice and water for three days? Bet if we locals had shown up in the lobby our asses would of been run out or arrested. Lying prick...
They showed Jim on the hillbilly news,..He was giving water away...
Showed a pallet of bottle water..But that was just while the cameras were there...The rest of that pallet of water was for the Philippine employes to drink on there breaks...but I bet Jim took the cost out of there pay checks
not getting paid

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Jul 13, 2012
he took the money he shoul;d be paying me and the rest of the hard working people in eastern ky to put this event on
West End

Oakvale, WV

#8 Jul 18, 2012
The concerts should have been moved to the Greenbrier or they could have been delayed or canceled. His decision to bull ahead with his party, hindered recovery efforts with traffic jams. Locals sat in lines for gas to feed generators and the water plant couldn't make any headway because it was being used as fast as they could treat it. Yes, his selfishness did adversely affect the residents to their detriment. State and local officials should have had some guts and made better decisions. The only thing I saw them mostly worried about was the PGA.
WS Resident

Princeton, WV

#9 Jul 18, 2012
There really should be an investigation of the whole mess. People could have died.
west end 2

Pearisburg, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2012
West End wrote:
The concerts should have been moved to the Greenbrier or they could have been delayed or canceled. His decision to bull ahead with his party, hindered recovery efforts with traffic jams. Locals sat in lines for gas to feed generators and the water plant couldn't make any headway because it was being used as fast as they could treat it. Yes, his selfishness did adversely affect the residents to their detriment. State and local officials should have had some guts and made better decisions. The only thing I saw them mostly worried about was the PGA.
I agree, and now I am hearing if it had not been for the City of Lewisburg Fire department and Public work's departments things would have been a lost worse here. They got us the water and ice with the help of the guard. Furthermore, Lewisburg got a large generator for the water plant in Rupert. All justice did was grill hot dogs and passed out rotten vegetables after the fact.
adult point of view

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Jul 18, 2012
Grow up. The greenbrier ran its backup generators from Friday through Sun . Jim when to richmond and made a deal with dominion power to get power back to the town and the hotel. He paid for it in advance! He had a plan and it worked . The end . Cry babies!!!
west end 2

Pearisburg, VA

#12 Jul 18, 2012
adult point of view wrote:
Grow up. The greenbrier ran its backup generators from Friday through Sun . Jim when to richmond and made a deal with dominion power to get power back to the town and the hotel. He paid for it in advance! He had a plan and it worked . The end . Cry babies!!!
Interesting... If what you say is true that is a federal violation subjected to a congressional hearing for misappropriation of resources during a state of emergency. I am sure the good people in Va. would be on board with this since they as well were under a state of emergency decoration.
wondering

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Jul 18, 2012
Right after the storm, why would power men tell people they were headed to the Greenbrier to work or that linesmen were over working at the Greenbrier? Didn't the Mon Power supervisor say something about crews working at the Greenbrier on the radio? Why would the power guys lie to people who asked where they were headed? Wasn't this info (true or false) concerning the Greenbrier heard on the radio when people called in?
sick and tired

Princeton, WV

#14 Jul 18, 2012
adult point of view wrote:
Grow up. The greenbrier ran its backup generators from Friday through Sun . Jim when to richmond and made a deal with dominion power to get power back to the town and the hotel. He paid for it in advance! He had a plan and it worked . The end . Cry babies!!!
I have worked at the hotel for several years and experienced several power outages that took the entire hotel down for several hours at a time. If you think they have enough generator power to run the entire property you are misinformed. The generators they do have on site are to run the bunker - it is a separate entity - and the casino. Not the whole hotel.

Why insult people who might have first hand knowledge/experience and a clue? Why would he go to Dominion Power in Richmond to have a property in WV get it's electricity turned on? One that is serviced by MON power. It's obvious you're a JJ apologist - perhaps a PAID one?

You'll have to do a little better than this.
Now have power

Bethesda, MD

#15 Jul 18, 2012
wondering wrote:
Right after the storm, why would power men tell people they were headed to the Greenbrier to work or that linesmen were over working at the Greenbrier? Didn't the Mon Power supervisor say something about crews working at the Greenbrier on the radio? Why would the power guys lie to people who asked where they were headed? Wasn't this info (true or false) concerning the Greenbrier heard on the radio when people called in?
Who cares? Mon Power was going to go where they could have the greatest impact quickly. My road wasn't a priority at all -- in fact I thought that we were forgotten for a while. The Greenbrier is a "high density" customer. They will always be near the top of the list in these types of situations. I really don't think it changed my situation at all. Life is too damn short to be jealous of what someone else has.
Kool Aid Stains

Princeton, WV

#16 Jul 18, 2012
Ya'll keep drinkin the Justice Kool Aid! They say it makes your mind think insane things about the Jolly Gee and that fat bastard! Even make you like him? Hum.....
upper MANager

Princeton, WV

#17 Jul 19, 2012
sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I have worked at the hotel for several years and experienced several power outages that took the entire hotel down for several hours at a time. If you think they have enough generator power to run the entire property you are misinformed. The generators they do have on site are to run the bunker - it is a separate entity - and the casino. Not the whole hotel.
Why insult people who might have first hand knowledge/experience and a clue? Why would he go to Dominion Power in Richmond to have a property in WV get it's electricity turned on? One that is serviced by MON power. It's obvious you're a JJ apologist - perhaps a PAID one?
You'll have to do a little better than this.

I guess you were in the complete darkness the whole time? The Bunker has nothing to do with the Hotel now, It is CSXIP. Their are 4 backup generators to power certain things in the hotel.. The Casino was running on there own generator. The deal with Dominion was to get power redirected through the VA feed. These are the facts. People like you, running your cocksucjer is why we don't have the 5th star yet, always looking for somthing to bitch about.. Please let the hotel.....
Cash Only

Lewisburg, WV

#18 Jul 19, 2012
adult point of view wrote:
Grow up. The greenbrier ran its backup generators from Friday through Sun . Jim when to richmond and made a deal with dominion power to get power back to the town and the hotel. He paid for it in advance! He had a plan and it worked . The end . Cry babies!!!
If true, I hope Dominion Power was paid in cash.
The big cheese

Parkersburg, WV

#19 Jul 19, 2012
sick and tired wrote:
<quoted text>I have worked at the hotel for several years and experienced several power outages that took the entire hotel down for several hours at a time. If you think they have enough generator power to run the entire property you are misinformed. The generators they do have on site are to run the bunker - it is a separate entity - and the casino. Not the whole hotel.

Why insult people who might have first hand knowledge/experience and a clue? Why would he go to Dominion Power in Richmond to have a property in WV get it's electricity turned on? One that is serviced by MON power. It's obvious you're a JJ apologist - perhaps a PAID one?

You'll have to do a little better than this.
The deal with dominion power was for a 148,000kvw line that runs from Bath county to the substation in Ulgys creek, so that mon power could have power from another feed. No government could have made it happen fast than Mr Justice, he is on the board btw , He paid for it in advance !!! So the town and the hotel could proceed with the best money making week of the year!!! Be thankful for Coach .
Cash Only

Lewisburg, WV

#20 Jul 19, 2012
The big cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
The deal with dominion power was for a 148,000kvw line that runs from Bath county to the substation in Ulgys creek, so that mon power could have power from another feed. No government could have made it happen fast than Mr Justice, he is on the board btw , He paid for it in advance !!! So the town and the hotel could proceed with the best money making week of the year!!! Be thankful for Coach .
So, he used his position as board member to divert power to the Greenbrier?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wears the Cole jobs 4 hr Big Daddy Kane 5
Bands in the Lewisburg area (Jul '09) 16 hr Lurking in the Sh... 14
Places to rent in Lewisburg, White Sulphur or N... 18 hr Renter 4
Anyone know any places for rent in the Lewisbur... 18 hr Renter 1
Adwells towing 20 hr Operator 123 13
Lewisburg traffic (Oct '15) 23 hr rebel yell 15
bbw (May '16) Thu Adam 11

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

White Sulphur Springs Mortgages