Greenbrier County man charged with sexual assault of teen

Jul 10, 2009 Full story: Register-herald.com 123

A Greenbrier County man is in jail, charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old, authorities said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
WSS Resident

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jul 11, 2009
This doesn't surprise me at all! He got his current wife pregnant at a early age and I don't think anything was done about that. I feel sorry for his latest victim and their family. Great Job Deputy Martin and the rest of our sheriff's department. It takes a sick twisted person to have sex with any child!
yeah

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2009
Great job guys, seems like this was a joint effort to get a bad guy off the street!
Angry

Marlinton, WV

#3 Jul 11, 2009
Put him in prison and let the general population show him what it is like to be raped, over and over again. Prison inmates have no respect for a child rapist.
real deal

Marlinton, WV

#4 Jul 12, 2009
seems to me the new sheriff means what he said
he is going full steam ahead to get people like this in jail--u might not like him but he can get a job DONE

“Running Out Front”

Since: Feb 08

Gods Country

#5 Jul 12, 2009
Angry wrote:
Put him in prison and let the general population show him what it is like to be raped, over and over again. Prison inmates have no respect for a child rapist.
Now how would you know all this about inmates...
WSS Resident

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Jul 12, 2009
I always heard that prisoner's take it to heart when children our hurt. It is the quickest way to get your butt kicked and sometimes they lie about why there in jail or prison. I quess I watch way to much Lock Up. He has a few young children and pretty sure he wouldn't want someone to touch them. Ashley use to work for the city and rumor is he would come down and run his mouth because she was working with men. Well atleast she was trying to earn a paycheck. I truthfully never cared for him!

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#7 Jul 12, 2009
Well a 17 yr old is not a child!! So don't make this out to be something its not!!!!
Judith

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2009
I love sex.
Nothing wrong with the 'ol "in out in out".
Oh the humanity

Marlinton, WV

#9 Jul 13, 2009
dingo wrote:
Well a 17 yr old is not a child!! So don't make this out to be something its not!!!!
Actually, a 17 year old IS still a child in the eyes of the law. Fourteen is legally considered the "age of consent", however at 17, one is still considered a minor. Now, Dingo, on to another, more disturbing point you seem to be inferring; NO MEANS NO, no matter how old you are. Your last comment seems to infer that you believe something else.

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#10 Jul 13, 2009
Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a 17 year old IS still a child in the eyes of the law. Fourteen is legally considered the "age of consent", however at 17, one is still considered a minor. Now, Dingo, on to another, more disturbing point you seem to be inferring; NO MEANS NO, no matter how old you are. Your last comment seems to infer that you believe something else.
So now you're the mad Iconer....Maybe you should take things as they are said one one subject an not drag it into something else,you make no sense with the comment.
Oh the humanity

Marlinton, WV

#11 Jul 13, 2009
dingo wrote:
Actually, what was written made perfect sense, read it again.

" Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a 17 year old IS still a child in the eyes of the law. Fourteen is legally considered the "age of consent", however at 17, one is still considered a minor. Now, Dingo, on to another, more disturbing point you seem to be inferring; NO MEANS NO, no matter how old you are. Your last comment seems to infer that you believe something else."

and you responded

"So now you're the mad Iconer....Maybe you should take things as they are said one one subject an not drag it into something else,you make no sense with the comment."

I said "your last comment SEEMS to infer something else". Perhaps not, but that is the way I read it.
Lives in WSS

Lewisburg, WV

#12 Jul 13, 2009
This is as sick as it gets sometimes. I agree with humanity NO MEANS NO It doesnt matter if you are 8 or 80. We will see what the courts prove and go from there.

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#13 Jul 13, 2009
Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
" Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a 17 year old IS still a child in the eyes of the law. Fourteen is legally considered the "age of consent", however at 17, one is still considered a minor. Now, Dingo, on to another, more disturbing point you seem to be inferring; NO MEANS NO, no matter how old you are. Your last comment seems to infer that you believe something else."
and you responded
"So now you're the mad Iconer....Maybe you should take things as they are said one one subject an not drag it into something else,you make no sense with the comment."
I said "your last comment SEEMS to infer something else". Perhaps not, but that is the way I read it.
Well unless he raped the 17 yr old guess the words NO never came up...So whats your point Me Nor You was their....I'm sure the 17 yr old knew what was going on.You want to make it into something it's not...Yet anyways...
Lives in WSS

Lewisburg, WV

#14 Jul 13, 2009
Well it was considered sexual assault which is more or less rape. So get over it Dingo unless you know him and are taking sides. I do agree that sometimes vindictive girls turna gainst guys that they have been with willingly that is why I said we will just have to wait and see what the judge decides.Although I have known the guy for several years and have never trusted him he is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#15 Jul 13, 2009
Lives in WSS wrote:
Well it was considered sexual assault which is more or less rape. So get over it Dingo unless you know him and are taking sides. I do agree that sometimes vindictive girls turna gainst guys that they have been with willingly that is why I said we will just have to wait and see what the judge decides.Although I have known the guy for several years and have never trusted him he is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Well now I was not replying to your comment,And I'm not here to take sides.So whats to get over?
Oh the humanity

Marlinton, WV

#16 Jul 13, 2009
Dingo, he was charged with 2nd degree sexual assault, which is rape. And you commented on my post as follows:

Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
" Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
and you responded

Well unless he raped the 17 yr old guess the words NO never came up...So whats your point Me Nor You was their....I'm sure the 17 yr old knew what was going on.You want to make it into something it's not...Yet anyways...

So I suppose the word "NO" did come up. And even if it did not, and he still forced himself on her, and as you say "the 17 yr old knew what what was going on", that is still rape. How hard is it to understand that you CANNOT force yourself upon another person sexually? And honestly, this post has become more about your screwed up concept of what is or is not rape than it is about the original post. After this post I will not respond to more of your idiocy because you refuse to see the obvious or have a very screwed up set of moral and ethical beliefs.

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#17 Jul 13, 2009
Oh the humanity wrote:
Dingo, he was charged with 2nd degree sexual assault, which is rape. And you commented on my post as follows:
Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
" Oh the humanity wrote:
<quoted text>
and you responded
So I suppose the word "NO" did come up. And even if it did not, and he still forced himself on her, and as you say "the 17 yr old knew what what was going on", that is still rape. How hard is it to understand that you CANNOT force yourself upon another person sexually? And honestly, this post has become more about your screwed up concept of what is or is not rape than it is about the original post. After this post I will not respond to more of your idiocy because you refuse to see the obvious or have a very screwed up set of moral and ethical beliefs.
YOU SUPPOSE the WORD "NO" came up....You suppose....?(An even if it did not) And he still forced himself on her...? Was You their?....You have done said that is rape!!!...You're the one with the screwed up concept.....So maybe you should stop with your idiocy......
Oh the humanity

Marlinton, WV

#18 Jul 13, 2009
I digress. I must respond to this. Thank you for making my point for me. Oh, and by the way, while you are drawing your disability, perhaps you could take a correspondence course in grammar and spelling. Good day.

“Running Out Front”

Gods Country

#19 Jul 13, 2009
Oh the humanity wrote:
I digress. I must respond to this. Thank you for making my point for me. Oh, and by the way, while you are drawing your disability, perhaps you could take a correspondence course in grammar and spelling. Good day.
The only point made is you have done found him guilty before he even goes to court...What does my disability have to do with you being so stupid...I worked for mine an still work,so whats your problem with that?..You rant on about this an add things to it as you go along...Do you always go to another thread to find something I say an try to add it to this one...Thats all you have done....
Angry

Marlinton, WV

#20 Jul 14, 2009
dingo wrote:
My God, what is wrong with you. You are truly a sick, disturbed man to come up with that theory. Yours is the attitude of someone who would easily and readily take advantage of a young woman or man. You are in need of professional help.

I hope people in your home town are cautious of you around children, and yes 17 is a child!!! It does not matter what age some one is, rape is rape. Just because she is what "you" consider an adult it does not mean she accepted this man's sexual advances. When someone says NO they mean NO! People like you are the reason victims of rape don't want to come forward, they are afraid of the unfounded backlash they might face. You should be ashamed of doubting the word of a child against an adult.

I for one am glad he is still sitting in SRJ where he belongs! I hope he never sees the light of day as a free man again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sara cook 4 hr thatguy 9
Not local 9 hr Camper 23
Chef Peter Timmins 22 hr Burg 57
Church Bulletin 02-21-15 Thu CM Williams 1
David Ryan Feb 26 Glace Ruler 2
Terri armentrout (Nov '13) Feb 26 Highway runner 27
Justice gets back his mines and basically ends ... Feb 23 Smelling like a rose 1
More from around the web

White Sulphur Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
ESPN12:52 PM
Source: Hardy eyes immediate reinstatement
Yahoo! Sports 3:35 PM
Agent: Panthers' Hardy seeking reinstatement from NFL
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?