Since: Aug 12

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

can anyone give me info on this principal ann smith? and how are the teachers there
? i have heard good and bad about both i want someone who has had to deal with teachers and the principal? thank you
1 post removed

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

what about a Kindergarten teacher ms perry?

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

has anyone heard of the stop sign thing they do at w.s.s. elementary if a kid does something wrong their made to sit at their desk or table with this sign as Visible reminder of what they did wrong i think it's the dumbest thing i have ever heard of it just causes more problems for the kids being picked on and bullied whatever happened to time out? it works the same way and the kid knows why their in time out because they done wrong i don't like it one bit what are your thoughts on this subject?

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2012

ms perry has an attitude problem you talk to hear she doesn't even listen to what your saying in one ear out the other or she is messing with something else and not listening has anyone had problems with her?
HerMommy

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

My daughter is in Mrs. Perry's class (also alot of my friends kids) and she really likes her. I personally have not had any problems or negativity from her (or heard of any), she seems like a very sweet lady. Ive been told that she is stricked but fair, i dont see any harm in the stop sign as a reminder for them to realize they weren't acting appropriately or listening like they should. When i was in kindergarten it was your name on the board...thats worse : / If my daughter likes her and is learning then I'm ecstatic ;) Good and trustworthy teachers are hard to come by.
In those days

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Not only was your name on the board, but we got a good old fashioned paddling. Which we deserved...
HerMommy

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

In those days wrote:
Not only was your name on the board, but we got a good old fashioned paddling. Which we deserved...

AMEN!

Not to mention "standing on the wall" during recess for the whole school to see ya :\ LOL
We knew we did wrong, we paid for it...sucked it up, and went on...
So True

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Didn't take but once or twice of standing on the wall of shame to follow the rules and behave :)
HerMommy

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

So True wrote:
Didn't take but once or twice of standing on the wall of shame to follow the rules and behave :)
Exactly!!!
Busted

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

You know she beats the kids she doesn't like, right? And a bit of an alcohol issue... Just saying.:)
HerMommy

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Busted wrote:
You know she beats the kids she doesn't like, right? And a bit of an alcohol issue... Just saying.:)
You r so full of shit, smh!
wss parent

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

thanks for the snow packet. we are in a state of emergency and the children do not need school work to keep them busy during this difficult time. lots are without power today, a snow packet should be the last thing on the childrens' and parents' mind. when will this school ever care?
EAST

Winfield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Snow packets are great!! It keeps your kids busy and they don't loose focus ;) be glad the school cares..
wss parent

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

no, they are not great. we have a driveway to clear and a tree in the yard. my son is in fifth grade and will be doing outside work most of the day. he does not sit in front of the tv all day, like alot of others. he has plenty to keep him busy.he enjoys his time in the snow while helping his dad.[QUOTE who=" .EAST "]Snow packets are great!! It keeps your kids busy and they don't loose focus ;) be glad the school cares..[/QUOTE]
Hmmm

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Well if your child would have school, he would be there and not there to help with the snow or tree. School work should come first before chores.
Hahaha

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
Well if your child would have school, he would be there and not there to help with the snow or tree. School work should come first before chores.
I agree! People will complain about anything. There's like 3 inches of snow on the ground. You really gotta shovel that? And he doesn't watch tv should have plenty of time to clear that tres and do homework.
cocky

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Asbury is cocky and a smartass to the kids at times and he also talks about kids as they walk by him and whatever teacher is standing next to him I have heard with my own ears they can put on their goody act all they like but you have been caught.
wss parent

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

almost 8 inches of snow here on top of our mountain not just 3 inches. homework does come first that is why he has been on the honor roll since kindergarten.
Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! People will complain about anything. There's like 3 inches of snow on the ground. You really gotta shovel that? And he doesn't watch tv should have plenty of time to clear that tres and do homework.
old timer from here

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

u will find some teachers are hard on some kids but some kids get away with things,,these are the moms taking up for the teachers because it all about who u are,,,come on tell me i wrong,,,,,i was from this town for over 50 years ,,and i know
grandmother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

There were teachers who were mean to me in elementry because i came from a poor family.I was shy and scared to death to do anything wrong.But i saw kids that were always doing things and getting by with it ,just because who they were.Iam almost 70 now and i never forgot those teachers.How teachers treat kids stays with them in life.So teachers your the adult,do the right thing by these children.You know who you are ,and these kids know who you are.Dont treat kids different because they dont have nice clothes or their parents dont drive a Tahoe .It shouldnt still be like that 60 yrs later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the White Sulphur Springs Forum right now

Search the White Sulphur Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 21 min fitness-guru 54,420
Who passed away 21 hr Only Natural 4
Sizemore and DHHR Shout Srj Srj Thu K-Bar 24
neola (Feb '10) Wed Summer time 209
Greenbrier business boom Wed Native 16
Greenbrier Laundry closing Wed Captain Obvious 21
Cooks Country Kitchen (Oct '13) Wed Grammar Referee 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••