Comments
41 - 50 of 50 Comments Last updated Jul 8, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Princeton Resident

Potomac, MD

#42 Jul 4, 2012
You can vote Jim Justice's yes people out. In order for this to happen, this decision was done from WV Governor on down. Vote them out the next election. As I stated in my first comment in making this thread, I had spoken with a state senator and I knew what had happened with the power trucks especially when I saw them leave this area. Many nursing homes in areas had to be evacuated to other buildings and some haven't even as today have gotten much needed medical treatments. Yes, throw money to us according to Jim Justice instead if any of the players and their wives had any concern would of objected to playing the first round until all power was restored. PGA Players and wives take your balls home because if I have the opportunity, I am going to drive my vehicle on your playground and leave it parked and I am sure others will follow perhaps I can park over at least one golf hole and with my friends they can cover the other holes with their vehicles.
oops

Elkview, WV

#43 Jul 4, 2012
Get over it, you are either one of Jim's butt buddies, or you are a fool. I just told that a Monpower lineman told me that our power in the Neola area is being kept off until after the PGA crap is over because they are afraid the Greenbrier will lose power if they try to bring anymore local area online.

After I started making a fuss about it big Jim comes out and admits that the Greenbrier has been given special treatment over others in this area. You think I should just sit back and enjoy the ride? How about you come up here and suffer in this heat without power or water when it is not neccessary.

How about you come up here and see how much fun it is when Frontier is cutting our phone service all the way out between 8 and noon each day so the damned media can stream their stupid golf coverage! Somebody is going to end up dying because they are not going to be able to even call 911. I guess that will be ok with you too?

Tell you what, you come up here to 7th avenue in Neola in the morning about 8a.m. I'll beat the crap out of you and you try to figure out how to call 911!!!
FREE

Elkview, WV

#44 Jul 4, 2012
i have a strong wish for Jim "un"Justice to come up here after he suffers without food, water or anything else for that matter "we the people" will make sure that the body is never found. this country is run by the rich and powerful, on today our independence day i cant help but reflect on what we have become as a nation.. no longer under God with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for all, we are as a people to weak to even take back the rights that MILLIONS of men and women have bravely fought and died for. how would the people of LA (or the rest of the country for that matter) have reacted if during the tragedy of hurricane katrina the superbowl had been play right there diverting aid and manpower to repair and prepare the stadium while people in need suffered and died.. enjoy your time in office governor Tomblin, sheriff Childers.. you wont get another term.
hellonwheels

Charleston, WV

#45 Jul 4, 2012
I sent out numerous email's out last night but they have to hear your story also. You can go on facebook and send them a message. You never know what will happen until we try. We can't predict the storms but this will happen again and once again Jim will be in the lap of luxury.
Hot under the collar

Lewisburg, WV

#46 Jul 4, 2012
hellonwheels wrote:
I found this on a website and it clearly states that Jim Justice has his power on before anyone else, so that proves he lied on national television stating The Greenbrier never lost power.
The benefits of life without power by Melissa Lee
Were close to The Greenbrier where as I write Tiger Woods, Tom Watson, Phil Michelson, et al, are enjoying the hospitality of the hotel and participating in the third annual Greenbrier Classic. So it was a given that Jim Justice, CEO and owner of the hotel, would make sure that The Greenbrier (and, therefore, its neighbors) would have electricity as soon as possible.(Thanks, Mr. Justice). Many folks I talked to were upset that The Greenbrier got its power back before they did. This is understandable. Except the fact that the hotel had 1200 guests mostly families and golf professionals who are contributing to the economic future of the hotel and the state of West Virginia. The WV Department of Tourism had invested over $1 million in this tournament, and because of the revenue that it brings into the state, it is only logical that power would be restored there first.
NO EXCUSE!
Don't you know Boy Scouts help old folks across the street, if there are any left after the lack of medical care, the heat, and water shortage?(wheel chairs don't need gas)
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#47 Jul 4, 2012
Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself
we the people

Mount Hope, WV

#48 Jul 7, 2012
complaining? whining?
no, truth!
a Mon Power Rep told me they "wasted" a whole day @greenbrier when they should have been helping residents instead!
that's the truth!
you putters are just out of touch!!!
Deborah R

Danville, WV

#49 Jul 8, 2012
The ONLY way citizens can have any type of impact here is to boycott the Greenbrier and all the 2012 Classic sponsors.

That means refusing to use FedEx for the next year, and asking employers to reject doing business with FedEx, Eaton and CSX.

Further, citizens should write to the Governor and ask him to pull sponsorship of this event for next year, since the State of WV is the primary sponsor this year. No way should our tax dollars go to sponsor an event that is perceived by its organizers to be more important than the citizens who pay for it.

If all you do is bi*ch and moan, nothing will change. Take action or "the elite" will continue on their merry path. It's all in your hands now.
justme52

Covington, VA

#50 Jul 8, 2012
To Deborah R,....very well written post ! Every word you right is spot on !!!! If all the ppl who have commented on topix would , stand up & take it further ......hopefully we will never experience this nightmare again. But..........people are weak .....I think we've learned that , this week.
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#51 Jul 8, 2012
justme52 wrote:
To Deborah R,....very well written post ! Every word you right is spot on !!!! If all the ppl who have commented on topix would , stand up & take it further ......hopefully we will never experience this nightmare again. But..........people are weak .....I think we've learned that , this week.
The people of White Sulphur Springs are not weak. They survived days without electricity and/or water. They were diligent in their search for ice, water, and food (sometimes coming up empty handed). Using The Greenbrier's own phrase... They have been ladies and gentlemen serving ladies and gentlemen (whether as employees or the community). Not once have I seen anyone standing along the roadways with signs complaining about preferential treatment towards The Greenbrier's guests...even though they felt forgotten, they were never rude. I loudly applaud the citizens of White Sulphur Springs and so should the PGA and The Greenbrier.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 hr Dalai Lama 57,064
Hotties of White Sulphur 6 hr Passerby 23
stop in/vaughans 8 hr Curios George 9
Harts Run McDonalds (Aug '09) Thu Bob 146
Billionaire to pay $1.5M fine for Kentucky mines Thu Captain Obvious 2
bernie mines Thu Lowrider 12
Ex-Mail Carrier Sentenced In Drug Case Thu dougwasanarc 2
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000