Greenbrier Commissioner Indicted

Greenbrier Commissioner Indicted

There are 75 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from Jun 5, 2012, titled Greenbrier Commissioner Indicted. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

The indictment, handed up Tuesday in Lewisburg against Commissioner Michael McClung, alleges he sold a vehicle to White Sulphur Springs resident Charles Scott for $3,000 but only reported selling it for $1,000 when the transaction was recorded by the DMV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

ggirl

Oakvale, WV

#21 Jun 6, 2012
Don't they know that using this criteria every car dealer in the state would be felons.
Get rid of all of them

United States

#22 Jun 6, 2012
Pat Via should be ashamed.
ole man

Waynesboro, VA

#23 Jun 6, 2012
same thing going on with the mayor in wss springs , more bs for we the people got to put up with. this guy and the mayor here need to go ETHICS AND CHARACTER COUNT , the leaders of OUR government are SUPPOSED to set a true and right example ,no one can have any faith in our system as it is , DONT REELECT ANYONE THAT HAS ISSUES THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER OF THE DAMN VOTE ,USE it wisely and for the good of all
Open Eyes

Charleston, WV

#24 Jun 6, 2012
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT SOME PEOPLE GET BY WITH,They just got smart and stopped Brandon Black fron stealing all the money he was for back ground checks.Now maybe someone could stop Tony Hill from selling all that moonshine off that car lot.And everyone knows those Baker boys have a few secrets in Huntington. Whats in the dark will come to light.
Optometrist

United States

#25 Jun 7, 2012
Open Eyes wrote:
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT SOME PEOPLE GET BY WITH,They just got smart and stopped Brandon Black fron stealing all the money he was for back ground checks.Now maybe someone could stop Tony Hill from selling all that moonshine off that car lot.And everyone knows those Baker boys have a few secrets in Huntington. Whats in the dark will come to light.
Why don't you shed some light on the secrets? I'm guessing because you have nothing.
Get rid of all of them

United States

#26 Jun 7, 2012
Vote against childers and via. They are two of a kind.
Keep One

Charleston, WV

#27 Jun 7, 2012
Get rid of all of them
United States
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#261 hr ago

Judged:1
Vote against childers and via. They are two of a kind.

We will go along with voting against Via, but I have to tell you Childers is a better Choice over Cahill
party party

Lewisburg, WV

#28 Jun 7, 2012
Open Eyes wrote:
I CANT BELIEVE WHAT SOME PEOPLE GET BY WITH,They just got smart and stopped Brandon Black fron stealing all the money he was for back ground checks.Now maybe someone could stop Tony Hill from selling all that moonshine off that car lot.And everyone knows those Baker boys have a few secrets in Huntington. Whats in the dark will come to light.
i missed something,what did brandon black do??
Friend

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Jun 7, 2012
Childers has always had it out for Mike McClung. Mr. Childers, What comes aroud, go around my friend!! Your times coming!!
Broke the Law

Charleston, WV

#30 Jun 7, 2012
Friend
Philadelphia, PA
Reply |Report Abuse| Judged |#2930 min ago
Judged:1
Childers has always had it out for Mike McClung. Mr. Childers, What comes aroud, go around my friend!! Your times coming!!
Hey friend take it from some one that knows Mr. McClung started it all when he sided with the other two. You are right about about one thing what goes around comes around and that's exactly what happened to Mike. He broke the law and should have not thrown any stones. Mr McClung needs to resign from the CC. How on earth could he face any one in Greenbrier County after his misdeeds. If you get my drift. Go Childers in 2012.
Hoss

Princeton, WV

#31 Jun 7, 2012
"Pat Via should be ashamed"

One more time: There was a Special Prosecutor appointed for Commissioner McClung's indictment. The McDowell County prosecutor was appointed by the WV Supreme Court to handle every aspect of this case. Pat Via was not involved and had nothing to do with it.

PAT VIA WAS NOT INVOLVED!
Commuter

Charleston, WV

#32 Jun 7, 2012
Hoss
Pearisburg, VA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#319 min ago

"Pat Via should be ashamed"

One more time: There was a Special Prosecutor appointed for Commissioner McClung's indictment. The McDowell County prosecutor was appointed by the WV Supreme Court to handle every aspect of this case. Pat Via was not involved and had nothing to do with it.
PAT VIA WAS NOT INVOLVED!

Hey Hoss if pat Via had did his job when an elected official alleged committed a felony we wouldn't have needed a special prosecutor. Better yet why didn't pat Via ask for a special prosecutor another case of hoping that this thing would go away.

To Sheriff Childers credit, he cannot turn his back and do nothing when felonies have alleged been committed. This Sheriff did the right thing like him or not. We will do every thing we can to keep this good man in office, rather than an unknown.

!
lewisburg native

Van, WV

#33 Jun 7, 2012
this has Jim Childress written all over it.

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#34 Jun 7, 2012
To whom ever got him busted .. THANK YOU ... & come over to Nicholas Co. Help us clean up!
Get rid of all of them

United States

#35 Jun 7, 2012
to whom ever said jim childers is a good man has got to be high on grass. he is a filthy womanizer
tax it again

Princeton, WV

#36 Jun 7, 2012
Our cars are taxed when we buy them. Taxed when we sell them. Taxed every year for property tax. Taxed every year for license renewal. It is the very laws that create this type of thing. What a racket. When you try to get around it you are the criminal. Yeah, it's illegal, but the law could be changed and stop the 5% tax on car that was already taxed.
Taxpayer

Marlinton, WV

#37 Jun 7, 2012
Im tired of my Taxes paying for The County Deadbeats, the stupid shit they enforce and all the BS, We the People need to change the Laws!!!!!!!
police i wonder

Oakvale, WV

#38 Jun 7, 2012
great usa wrote:
Omg are u all serious? With all the people you have elected and this is what you all found? Omg. Give it a rest......
you all? yep what did the cop get from the sheriff to find this out? did the sheriff pay them with the counties money or his own hes taken from the county?? paper said didnt know where the source was that found this out but i am sure most smart people know whos behind it all our great vindictive sheriff of greenbrier county..so thats the you all
police i wonder

Oakvale, WV

#39 Jun 7, 2012
Commuter wrote:
Hoss
Pearisburg, VA
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#319 min ago
"Pat Via should be ashamed"
One more time: There was a Special Prosecutor appointed for Commissioner McClung's indictment. The McDowell County prosecutor was appointed by the WV Supreme Court to handle every aspect of this case. Pat Via was not involved and had nothing to do with it.
PAT VIA WAS NOT INVOLVED!
Hey Hoss if pat Via had did his job when an elected official alleged committed a felony we wouldn't have needed a special prosecutor. Better yet why didn't pat Via ask for a special prosecutor another case of hoping that this thing would go away.
To Sheriff Childers credit, he cannot turn his back and do nothing when felonies have alleged been committed. This Sheriff did the right thing like him or not. We will do every thing we can to keep this good man in office, rather than an unknown.
!
yep sheriff did the right thing lol this is the first case i have ever known for yrs and yrs brought up. wonder why, childers did the right thing as an mean crooked womanizer, and down right will kill for his postion and get by with it he got caught bad and has been working on finding something on mr mcclung for a year he gets drunk calls the cc and calls every other person trying to call a truce when his ass was grass and got caught. u have done the same thing and dont tell me u havent i think i will go to the court house and look up all the rest who have done this and let childers go for thousands of u people and maybe u wil feel that childers is trash and crooked bet u wont see another case like this scott is a sick and crazy person who couldnt keep his promise of buying a veheicle he couldnt afford be nice and you get screwed but jims out this election and let him shrink and go away
U Moron

Princeton, WV

#40 Jun 7, 2012
police i wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
yep sheriff did the right thing lol this is the first case i have ever known for yrs and yrs brought up. wonder why, childers did the right thing as an mean crooked womanizer, and down right will kill for his postion and get by with it he got caught bad and has been working on finding something on mr mcclung for a year he gets drunk calls the cc and calls every other person trying to call a truce when his ass was grass and got caught. u have done the same thing and dont tell me u havent i think i will go to the court house and look up all the rest who have done this and let childers go for thousands of u people and maybe u wil feel that childers is trash and crooked bet u wont see another case like this scott is a sick and crazy person who couldnt keep his promise of buying a veheicle he couldnt afford be nice and you get screwed but jims out this election and let him shrink and go away
This is probably the longest "run on" sentance in the history of Topix! You must be one illiterate bastard to even write like this, and you want to gripe about someone else! You my friend are one big dumbass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What would you do ? 14 hr Cuckold 7
Lewisburg water? 15 hr ridge runner 18
What happens when a bunch of rich people run th... 21 hr The real_trainstop 6
Gallop poll shows potus 60 percent disapproval 21 hr Trainstops dad 4
john loudermilk and shawn frazier (Sep '14) Mon The punisher 23
Calvin Dickie Howard Dec 8 pablo 1
Liars Dec 8 Truth 1

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

White Sulphur Springs Mortgages