Greenbrier Commissioner Indicted

Jun 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: West Virginia Metro

The indictment, handed up Tuesday in Lewisburg against Commissioner Michael McClung, alleges he sold a vehicle to White Sulphur Springs resident Charles Scott for $3,000 but only reported selling it for $1,000 when the transaction was recorded by the DMV.

Comments
1 - 20 of 75 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

And who of us has not done that for a friend?
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

Judged:

lol wrote:
And who of us has not done that for a friend?
That doesn't make it legal.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2012

I truly understand that...but have you,.or thought about it?
great usa

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Omg are u all serious? With all the people you have elected and this is what you all found? Omg. Give it a rest......
Well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

What part of it is illegal do you not understand?
Get rid of jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

thank you so much childers. our county is so much safer with this man taken off the streets!
example

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Granted I think it's a petty thing done but regardless he's a man that's in a position that should lead by example... Regardless of how petty the crime the law is the law...
wowme

Scott Depot, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

I am no fan of McClung's but this is overkill. First I want to know how they are going to prove this. Even if there is a check for $3000 it can be explained away. Second this incident clipped the state for $100 in taxes and they are going to spend thousands prosecuting it plus more if McClung gets jail time. This really does sound like something Childers would push because he hates McClung and does not worry about spending thousands of dollars of taxpayer money. I can't believe Pat Via would take something petty like this to a grand jury. Fine McClung and get it over with in Magistrate Court and save the county a lot of money.
McClung should be removed under the moral turpitude clause, so that should satisfy Childers bloodlust. Now get out there and bust some drug dealers and rapists.
Hoss

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Greenbrier County Prosecutor, Pat Via, did not have anything to do with this. The WV Supreme Court appointed a Special Prosecutor from McDowell County who handled this indictment.
Ho Hum

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

This IS an election year after all...
Broke the Law

Delbarton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

great usa
Greenville, SC
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#45 hrs ago

Omg are u all serious? With all the people you have elected and this is what you all found? Omg. Give it a rest...

If this man is capable of this. It hard to tell what is going on in county government, or what else he could or could not have done. He should resign his position immediately, the public will lose respect for this looser. He is another black eye for Greenbrier County.
oops

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

I'd say Charles ole lady Vicky is the one that turned them in for fraud. Childers wouldn't have the info unless some one pointed it out.
great usa

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

I think its blown way out of porportion and that simple as it is this will cost tax payers alot more than 100.00 and unless he did something else this is crazy. Elect some more idiots into office and continue to run it the same way as always thats why things never change. If you think he is the only one covering things up think again. I could tell you some awesome stories. Thats why I think this is so crazy. Unless they have something else then give it a rest.
Broke the Law

Delbarton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

No matter how petite this seems, this man broke the Law and is in a elected position to uphold the Law. An elected person should set examples for others to follow. He took a chance and was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. A felony or felony's have been committed. Felony or misdemeanor,He must go no mater what kind of deal is made. The only way he got there any way was the people had only one other choice, McClung was the lesser of the two evils. Greenbrier County was the loser no matter which one they chose.
Get rid of jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

J Childers needs booted out of office
official

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

It may seem petty but elected officials are & should be held to higher standards. There is such a thing as 'making an example' out of someone & what better way to do it than to go after someone known to the public. Plus there could have been evidence of other more substantial wrong-doing & this is the charge the chose to pursue for whatever reason.
Get rid of jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

J childers is pure trash.
unit 41

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

commissioner mcclung now needs to do the right thing and resign as county commissioner.
great usa

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Well if he resigns then half the staff better go behind him. Because each and everyone of them should be ashamed of themself. I wont go there with what I know because it would cause alot problems for the honest ones and the tax payers would flip. If you only knew how money flows through politicians hands you would be totally shocked and think why is this happening with my tax money........ Maybe look into the deputys and ask where the money went from few drug bust that was kept hush hush! I feel what Mcclung done was wrong and yes a fine or something but prison..... Come on now....
abcdef

Delbarton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

I love how as a teacher I can't get a child removed from a home for suspicion of molestation and neglect (even with previous cases in the home) but this guy could serve prison time for this. Was it wrong? Yes but come on - I want my taxpayer dollars to go to the real criminals - get rid of the drugs, pedophiles, and crack down on welfare fraud. McClung - pay the money to make it right and resign. The county needs to put money towards what's life threatening - not towards making an example out of someone over $2000. People that don't file income taxes or get caught fibbing on their income end up getting away with a slap on the wrist. This is abuse of power full circle - only McClung did it personally, not professionally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Search the White Sulphur Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
neola (Feb '10) 2 hr over 30 year resident 205
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr bacon hater 53,519
Lester King 4 hr pssst 14
Cooks Country Kitchen (Oct '13) Tue ACTUALLY 65
Greenbrier Laundry closing Tue Jolly G 8
renting a place Tue curious 1
bernie mines Tue asin 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000