First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mary

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2009
hubby and i went to eat @ the mason jar for the first time the other evening, and it was very good! very nice waitress ! food was on the buffet and very good. hats off to them!!
Scooby

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2009
I agree. I've had lunch there a couple of times and it was good and the service was good and friendly.
No Way

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 27, 2009
My wife and I went to the Mason Jar a few days ago for lunch. The food was outstanding but I found one problem that I didn't care for. There was a man standing between the door of register and I assume kitchen spitting tobacco in a waste basket. He wiped his mouth and went straight outside and brought chicken from outside placing it on the buffet. I don't care if he used tongs or not. He never washed his hands unless outside has a faucet. We left our tip and paid at the front because after witnessed that I wasn't finishing my food. I was telling one of my friend's about the tobacco and cooking to only find out it was the owner.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2009
I haven't got to eat there yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about it, I'm glad someone posted about them and wrote positive things =)
what

Princeton, WV

#5 Dec 30, 2009
I will never eat there again!
No Way wrote:
My wife and I went to the Mason Jar a few days ago for lunch. The food was outstanding but I found one problem that I didn't care for. There was a man standing between the door of register and I assume kitchen spitting tobacco in a waste basket. He wiped his mouth and went straight outside and brought chicken from outside placing it on the buffet. I don't care if he used tongs or not. He never washed his hands unless outside has a faucet. We left our tip and paid at the front because after witnessed that I wasn't finishing my food. I was telling one of my friend's about the tobacco and cooking to only find out it was the owner.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 30, 2009
No Way wrote:
My wife and I went to the Mason Jar a few days ago for lunch. The food was outstanding but I found one problem that I didn't care for. There was a man standing between the door of register and I assume kitchen spitting tobacco in a waste basket. He wiped his mouth and went straight outside and brought chicken from outside placing it on the buffet. I don't care if he used tongs or not. He never washed his hands unless outside has a faucet. We left our tip and paid at the front because after witnessed that I wasn't finishing my food. I was telling one of my friend's about the tobacco and cooking to only find out it was the owner.
After re-reading this I am not so sure whether or not to eat there, but there is really no guarantee that any place is clean. To have witnessed it though I wouldn't have finished eating either..
Mountain Momma

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2009
I haven't ate there either. Would like to try it; other than one person's bad expirience how is the food?
sly fox

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2009
Tobacco flavored chicken anyone ?
How Wrong

Rupert, WV

#9 Jan 4, 2010
sly fox wrote:
Tobacco flavored chicken anyone ?
You are a Dumb AS*
How Wrong

Rupert, WV

#10 Jan 4, 2010
Mountain Momma wrote:
I haven't ate there either. Would like to try it; other than one person's bad expirience how is the food?
Let me tell you it is delicious Beef Brisket is really great.If men know what they are doing they can put in tobacco and wash there hands and never touch there mouth again. I know the owner and I know this did not happen. He is a hard working, clean, person. How do i know i eat there. Try it if you don't like it tell him and he will make it right,But if you love it get back on here and stop these lies.For a fact I'll be glad to join you and pay if you don't like it am a woman in my mid 40's, Am married and have two lovely children.
wowme

Amarillo, TX

#11 Jan 5, 2010
We have eaten there a few times and the food was great. My stepson eats there a couple of times a week and brags on the food everytime. He loves the Philly Steak sandwich.

“I aint easy”

Since: Oct 09

wss

#12 Jan 5, 2010
Never and Imean never haveI or my family had any issue with these folks food was good price right and as far as I can see it was clean neat well decorated and s was the help .
we go there quite a bit for the carry out stuff no problem
No Way

Princeton, WV

#13 Jan 5, 2010
If you know this family can you tell me if this person chews or dip? First of all I never disrespected anyone that owns or works in the Mason Jar and I even stated how good the food was. You didn't read my post throughly and assume you have answers for everything. I clearly stated he spit in the trash can and wiped his mouth with his hand. I don't care how good of person he is but I do know what I seen and with all respect I'm sure you weren't there that day or around this person all the time while he is there. My oldest daughter was going to ask them how much it would be to cater her upcoming wedding if she supplied the guest list and menu she would like prepared.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#14 Jan 7, 2010
No Way wrote:
My wife and I went to the Mason Jar a few days ago for lunch. The food was outstanding but I found one problem that I didn't care for. There was a man standing between the door of register and I assume kitchen spitting tobacco in a waste basket. He wiped his mouth and went straight outside and brought chicken from outside placing it on the buffet. I don't care if he used tongs or not. He never washed his hands unless outside has a faucet. We left our tip and paid at the front because after witnessed that I wasn't finishing my food. I was telling one of my friend's about the tobacco and cooking to only find out it was the owner.
Well people talk about how filthy shoney's is and like another poster said, you have no idea what you are eating when you eat any other places. My husband and I have eaten there and the food was great, the service was great so no complaints here.
mes

United States

#15 Jan 7, 2010
i agree that it is very de3lightful
How Wrong

Rupert, WV

#16 Jan 7, 2010
The Mason Jar is a Great and reasonable place to eat!!! The End P.S have Ruddys cater your daughters weddings Am sure Mason Jar would win thumbs up,but have it your way. By the way did you mention this when you realized he was your friend and you were talking to him? I never said I knew the family I said I knew the owner. You should know if he dips or chews if you saw what you say you did, and you daughter got so close to him could she not tell? I say bull crap.
How Wrong

Rupert, WV

#17 Jan 7, 2010
shrewser wrote:
Never and Imean never haveI or my family had any issue with these folks food was good price right and as far as I can see it was clean neat well decorated and s was the help .
we go there quite a bit for the carry out stuff no problem
people always wanting to cause trouble for someone. I agree with you.Nice place in WSS.
wss resident

Princeton, WV

#18 Jan 7, 2010
I like the manson jar and I like the family that owns the restaurant, they are very nice people. Although I do have to complain about the owner yelling at some of the girls and they come out in the dinningroom upset. Also that new manager does not know what she is doing and is unprofessional.
spa city gal

United States

#19 Jan 8, 2010
I've eaten there several times and enjoyed it every time. The waiters and waitresses are always nice. One of the last times my family and I ate there, my moms pork chops smelled really bad. As soon as we complained about it, she was offered something else and we were all treated very nice. Everyone has an off night. They are a great business and go out of their way to support good causes. We need more places like that in town instead of empty buildings.
lillie

Princeton, WV

#20 Jan 20, 2010
i have eatin here many of times plus its my family resturant too. the food is great an prices. an spitting tobacco its the man choice, no one sayes anything about what you do. an im sure that the whole no washing hands deal was just forgotten cause know him real well an hes not like that at all. so dont talk bad on here about the mason jar. thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 12 min Dalai Lama 57,926
stop in/vaughans 11 hr lol 25
OhNo Sat Liz Staten-Hoke 2
last house up 60 in wss Sat need to know 1
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana Sat jaja 224
brandon tucker jess wade lee wiley lacy wade je... Sat TUCKER 14
Cooks Country Kitchen (Oct '13) Sat Grammar Referee 73
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

White Sulphur Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in White Sulphur Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••