Lewisburg council hears presentations for a lake and potential rate hike

Aug 24, 2012 Full story: Appalachian Journal 27

Proposed Lake Lewisburg - In March of 2010, the idea introduced as 'Lake Lewisburg' was made public by architect and designer TAG Galyean.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I want to be a superstar

Amarillo, TX

#21 Sep 21, 2012
JEEP79 wrote:
I just happened to be at the court House this morning and the Fort Savannah Inn was sold, in front of the Court House for $396,500 the reserve bid was $396,000.
It was purchased by a large farm owner from Fairlea. I will bet he donates it to the city for the lake project
You are correct on the pricing, but you arer inaccurate on the purchaser! US Bank the lean Holder set the reserve at $396,000 and the Highest Bidder was UsBank at the bid of $396,500 they bought it themselves! Talk to Mayor Manchester about it, he knows the details!
Just Sayin

Amarillo, TX

#22 Sep 21, 2012
dotcom wrote:
with caves all over and under lewisburg, how do they propose to support such a stupid idea?
Where are there caves over Lewisburg....When I look up I see the Sky! Should we call in a Network Tv Channel and have them search? I mean this is the first I have ever heard of Caves Over Lewisburg!
The DIP in Town

Rich Creek, VA

#23 Sep 21, 2012
I want to be a superstar wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct on the pricing, but you arer inaccurate on the purchaser! US Bank the lean Holder set the reserve at $396,000 and the Highest Bidder was UsBank at the bid of $396,500 they bought it themselves! Talk to Mayor Manchester about it, he knows the details!
Ft. Savannah will never be touched, it is in the registar of Historic Places in the US and no lake will ever cover it! Do your research morons!
JEEP79

Richwood, WV

#24 Sep 21, 2012
I was inside the Court House at the time of the auction and after the sale I asked a Deputy Sheriff who bought it and he told me the name of the man from a prominent family that bid it in and it was not a bank unless he was bidding for the bank
Lee street

Princeton, WV

#25 Sep 21, 2012
The DIP in Town wrote:
<quoted text>Ft. Savannah will never be touched, it is in the registar of Historic Places in the US and no lake will ever cover it! Do your research morons!
Actually, you are wrong about the Ft Savanna it is not historic. It was in fact built in the 1960s as a restaurant on the site that use to be a mill. There never was an actual fort in Lewisburg only barics for some soldiers. The Fort Savanna we know was built as a tourist trap. The only thing of any Historical value in the dip as many call it is the old spring house.
Worth Printing

Charleston, WV

#26 Sep 22, 2012
Two Cents Worth
Winfield, WV
Reply |Report Abuse|Judge it!|#9430 min ago

No Theater improvements - No Traffic Improvement - Too many outsiders on city counsel - Either Outsiders or hippies except for one.
- Won't listen to lifelong, taxpaying citizens and residents. The aforementioned have gave up.
- How about that stupid lake and bathrooms in planning.

How long before people will see Lewisburg die on the vine. The historical coolest town in the USA.

W@hat a Joke.
BI-Resident

Lewisburg, WV

#27 Oct 3, 2012
I am a Bi-Resident of here and Charleston Area. A lake in the middle of Lewisburg is the damned dumbest idea I have ever heard of in the 40years I have been here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 17 min Mgtn Res 58,304
Want to purchase cabin 1 hr Brev 1
Cooks Country Kitchen (Oct '13) 1 hr u r a dumbass 76
myers lawncare 2 hr Job hunter 1
Fritz Glasser the Hypocrite Pharmacist 3 hr fyi 14
Big Announcement from The Greenbrier 3 hr zzzzzz 64
Leave him Sun tradeoff 8
•••
•••

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••