Big Easy

United States

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Just heard that closing of the employees cafeteria is one of the items included in the union negotiations.I guess they can't afford to feed us anymore. Has anyone else heard about this? If the do away with the Chatter Box what's next?
1 post removed
Jimbo

Mount Crawford, VA

#3 Jan 24, 2013
Rumor is Jim is going to give everyone a $20 food voucher everyday in the negotiations!
no name

Princeton, WV

#4 Jan 26, 2013
Big Easy wrote:
Just heard that closing of the employees cafeteria is one of the items included in the union negotiations.I guess they can't afford to feed us anymore. Has anyone else heard about this? If the do away with the Chatter Box what's next?
Can you name another job where your employer feeds you everyday?
I think it is quite a great benefit. Great food for free !
Inside

Princeton, WV

#5 Feb 13, 2013
There is no Chatter Box, if you work at the G' then you would know it is The Depot. Forget the names of the past, that's what keeping the place from getting the 5th Star, too many people living in the past.
The Old G

United States

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Inside wrote:
There is no Chatter Box, if you work at the G' then you would know it is The Depot. Forget the names of the past, that's what keeping the place from getting the 5th Star, too many people living in the past.
What an idiot the past is the only time the G ever had the 5th Star and all the Diamonds. You need to apply the old standard if it isn't broken then why the hell try and fix it. It worked for years so try and use your idiotic logic to explain the presrnt situation. Bring back the Splendour and Class of yesteryear.
WSS Townie

Princeton, WV

#7 Feb 13, 2013
The splendor and class of yesteryear are long gone and they aren't coming back. Just one look around the lobby and MDR at tea time on a Saturday tells that story. JJ and Kmiec have decided the well-heeled redneck trade is the future of the resort.

If you want the class of yesteryear go to The Homestead or The Broadmoor... That's where the G's customers have gone.
Check out the G's ratings on " www.tripadvisor.com " It's pretty easy to see which reviews are real and which are planted.
Carrie

Peterstown, WV

#8 Feb 13, 2013
WSS Townie, you are so right. It could come back w/the right person in charge, but that's not going to happen. Btw, I Googled the Bradmoor and it's beautiful!
The Real Deal

United States

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Carrie wrote:
WSS Townie, you are so right. It could come back w/the right person in charge, but that's not going to happen. Btw, I Googled the Bradmoor and it's beautiful!
I couldn't agree with you more. You know the fellow that runs ths Broodmoor used to work at the Greenbrier. In fact there is an interview on line where he states when asked if he had admiration for any other resort.
He said he will always have a place in his heart for the Greenbrier. JJ needs to apply the same philosophy he uses in building his winning basketball teams and bring Steve here to run the Greenbrier. Regardless what it would cost it would be worth it. Bring Back Steve. Bring Back Steve. Give me a B! Give me a second B! Give me a S.
Ben

Peterstown, WV

#10 Feb 13, 2013
It doesn' have to be that specific person. But whoever they got, no matter how good they are, it won't matter if they're not given a free hand to do what needs to be done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg Music Thread (Feb '14) 9 hr Musikologist 10
Lewisburg Water 10 hr The Best 2
Bands in the Lewisburg area (Jul '09) 13 hr Bethany 9
Generation Of Wimps 13 hr GoodIdea 23
Penny Morgan 22 hr A ex 8
Accident in Caldwell Thu Craig Lyszt 1
Draining The Swamp In Washington DC Thu Craig Lyszt 6

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance