Wow

Princeton, WV

#1 May 23, 2012
Who are the policemen on the force in WSS? Half the town don't even know their names. Is Jerry still here as haven't seen him for awhile?
I KNOW

Lewisburg, WV

#2 May 23, 2012
CHIEF- BILL WALLCOEN
ASSISTANT CHIEF- JERRY SMITH
SERGEANT- EMMETT SULLIVAN
CORPORAL- JERRY HOPKINS
PATROLMAN- DAVID REXFORD
PATROLMAN- J.T. WILLIAMS
Question

United States

#3 May 23, 2012
Do you still have the same city judge or did they put him out of office after the OD and the protective order was placed against him? I have heard that it was not the first domestic for him that he had a couple in another state as well as another county.
SADIE BARNETT

Berryville, VA

#4 Sep 17, 2012
The new city police chief probably will be a good thing-[short term-long term]? The state of WV has required that all current WSS city employees take ethics training [learning how to act honestly within the law-something that has been apparently as hard to find in the local pay food chain as the ivory billed woodpecker.
As the mayor, who got slapped on the hand [for basically grand larceny for ordinary citizens/theft of greater than $300 dollars said in his defense] i know it was wrong and should not have done it, but i was just following example of everyone else "everyone else did it but that does not make it right"]
Makes one think judge Pomponio just did not want to open that can of worms in a WSS time worn pattern of -lets say behavior that fell way,way,way short of honest behavior expected from servants of the public who are on the tax and fine dole..the money they are in charge of is yours to use honestly in your best public interests-not theirs to suit their fancies and raise their salaries/retirement benefits/perks with regularity.
WSS has a real systemic credibility problem-Even the state of WV sees it""Let us hope the mandatory ethics classes are not wiggled out of-and the front brain which thinks about right and wrong and other's well being and fairness is masaged a bit in its fight against the more primitve rear brain stem which only shouts ' more for me-anyway i can get it' we the public deserve much better!!
True

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 17, 2012
SADIE BARNETT wrote:
The new city police chief probably will be a good thing-[short term-long term]? The state of WV has required that all current WSS city employees take ethics training [learning how to act honestly within the law-something that has been apparently as hard to find in the local pay food chain as the ivory billed woodpecker.
As the mayor, who got slapped on the hand [for basically grand larceny for ordinary citizens/theft of greater than $300 dollars said in his defense] i know it was wrong and should not have done it, but i was just following example of everyone else "everyone else did it but that does not make it right"]
Makes one think judge Pomponio just did not want to open that can of worms in a WSS time worn pattern of -lets say behavior that fell way,way,way short of honest behavior expected from servants of the public who are on the tax and fine dole..the money they are in charge of is yours to use honestly in your best public interests-not theirs to suit their fancies and raise their salaries/retirement benefits/perks with regularity.
WSS has a real systemic credibility problem-Even the state of WV sees it""Let us hope the mandatory ethics classes are not wiggled out of-and the front brain which thinks about right and wrong and other's well being and fairness is masaged a bit in its fight against the more primitve rear brain stem which only shouts ' more for me-anyway i can get it' we the public deserve much better!!
True, I also wonder what happened during the state police investigation? Did they ever find these things out? Did the mayor lie to them? Or did the prosecutor just not want to press the issue being election year for him? The ethics committes ruling just leaves me with more questions .
give it a break

United States

#6 Nov 22, 2012
I think this town finally has a decent chief and assistant chief of police
funny

United States

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Have you seen their new cruisers. Nice rides
copper

United States

#8 Dec 6, 2012
Love the new ride jerry smith is driving around in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 3 hr Bee 4,300
Hillary clinton. Democrat 6 hr Baha 2
Bellacinos 6 hr Humerous 4
Druggies on our streets Sat Trainwreck 8
Ronnie Scott Fri Wss 19
Violet H. Nov 14 Ian 4
Jimmy Starrett (Mar '17) Nov 12 Dunno 14

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance