Damage on Big Draft Road

Jul 5, 2012 Full story: WOAY 21

Power has been restored to about 90% of customers in White Sulphur Springs, but there are still pockets that remain in the dark.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#1 Jul 7, 2012
Power has been out on Church Street, Barton Road, Cato Street and I believe part of Dry Creek Road for a week also. I don't notice any major damage to trees in this area.
htd

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2012
Anyone heard when they are going to get to it
lmfao

United States

#3 Jul 7, 2012
wow
really

Dunn Loring, VA

#4 Jul 7, 2012
The lower half of big draft is a disaster! I live up here on big draft Monague isn't as bad as the other side. Power lines down or hanging at least two power poles are down along with several trees uprooted! Its a miracle nobody got hurt!
JJ Lapdog

Princeton, WV

#5 Jul 7, 2012
We'll make sure they get to you, once the PGA is over with.
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#6 Jul 7, 2012
JJ Lapdog wrote:
We'll make sure they get to you, once the PGA is over with.
May God bless you, many times over, as you so richly deserve.
htd

United States

#7 Jul 7, 2012
Haven't even seen a truck up this way has anyone spoke to the power company yet
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#8 Jul 7, 2012
htd wrote:
Haven't even seen a truck up this way has anyone spoke to the power company yet
There is information at www.firstenergycorp.com regarding the restoration of power to areas hit by the storms. I hope this is helpful to you.
damage

Charleston, WV

#9 Jul 8, 2012
Does anyone know why they haven't even cleaned up the roads yet ? I heard it may take a month to get power up Big Draft. Anyone else feel as though they are waiting until the pga to finish before touching it so it doesn't glitch their power?
htd

United States

#10 Jul 8, 2012
No phase customers stay up here so no need to fix it
htd

United States

#11 Jul 8, 2012
Pga customers. Sorry
Hot

United States

#12 Jul 8, 2012
Yes I feel that way...I live a mile up the draft with no power...day 10...not the workers fault...but havent seen the first power truck and no one at First Energy can tell me why...smh....
Wss country gal

Summersville, WV

#13 Jul 8, 2012
Yes our pastor lives up big draft and said it was a total mess. I live up 92 and half of our road is still without power so I know how frustrating it is for anyone living up big draft. Praying they get us all up and running soon
ggirl

Princeton, WV

#14 Jul 8, 2012
Believe it or not First Energy on its web sight says all Greenbrier Co will b back on line tomorrow. We will see. I don't think it will happen. Everyone without power post tomorrow night if u still don't have power.
hot

Princeton, WV

#15 Jul 8, 2012
At 6:00 this evening, as the PGA was ending, the power trucks started rolling up big draft and we had power within an hour....amazing....Again, not blaming the men working they are doing all they can, but the powers that be is a different story.....
M Ge

Redwood, VA

#16 Jul 8, 2012
hot wrote:
At 6:00 this evening, as the PGA was ending, the power trucks started rolling up big draft and we had power within an hour....amazing....Again, not blaming the men working they are doing all they can, but the powers that be is a different story.....
...makes you wonder was it really a "state of emergency" or a "state of who has money and who doesn't"
htd

United States

#17 Jul 8, 2012
So are they working on it now
really

United States

#18 Jul 8, 2012
I still haven't gotten power up here yet and I live 5 miles up big draft! I saw 3 trucks on Montague when I got off work at 5:00 then saw 4 trucks at Eakle trucks, my sister passed them all going back down the road. I was in town getting gas for the generator about 9:30 and saw 3 trucks in food lion parking lot rolling out! So I'm hoping and praying that we get it back tomorrow on the draft!!
htd

United States

#19 Jul 9, 2012
Went to work this morning still no action on the draft
really

Woodbridge, VA

#20 Jul 9, 2012
I was told the lower end is shut down bc the power trucks are up there working so hopefully we have it today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Ann dean 3 hr your a loser 2
Local Billionaire Philanthropist owes millions ... 3 hr republican? 4
Bryan Deskins 4 hr Some people never... 3
The Brier rehab and nursing (Sep '09) 6 hr SOLD 62
ashley richmond lephew 6 hr Ice rink 9
neola (Feb '10) 8 hr redneck gurl 220
Alisha Leonhardt (Jun '13) Nov 21 curious 18

White Sulphur Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

White Sulphur Springs News, Events & Info