Greenbrier owner: The hotels in great...

Greenbrier owner: The hotels in great shape

There are 38 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Mar 10, 2012, titled Greenbrier owner: The hotels in great shape. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

When CSX put the historic Greenbrier resort into bankruptcy, the hotel had lost $90 million over five years, including $35 million in 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
saddened by it all

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 11, 2012
well, I see that JJ WON his big basketball championship (wonder how)- his made the Forbes billionaire list and now he has called back just the union people - but what about those LOYAL, HARDWORKING MANAGERS ?? he needs to shrink his ego and realize he needs them to be successful this season -(he could maybe shrink his size too!!)
so he should

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 11, 2012
He sure photographs like the poster boy for gluttony.
Oh My

Marlinton, WV

#3 Mar 11, 2012
saddened by it all wrote:
well, I see that JJ WON his big basketball championship (wonder how)- his made the Forbes billionaire list and now he has called back just the union people - but what about those LOYAL, HARDWORKING MANAGERS ?? he needs to shrink his ego and realize he needs them to be successful this season -(he could maybe shrink his size too!!)
His memo from the top dog in February to his managers that were working was that their woul not be a call back for them, they would need to reapply for their positions once they were posted, really appreciates their efforts, hunh? Him and some others are @$$ kissers!, so they can kiss mine too!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 12, 2012
could be worse.....if marriot had bought the hotel there would be more asians and mexicans than there are now ......
local

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#5 Mar 12, 2012
smuf69 wrote:
could be worse.....if marriot had bought the hotel there would be more asians and mexicans than there are now ......
hangtight and hold on union busting next the asians and mexicans low wages no benifit total control 5 star my butt
Told you so

Lewisburg, WV

#6 Mar 13, 2012
I've been saying it all along: anyone and everyone left over from the CSX era has a target painted on their back. It doesn't matter how well you do your job or how loyal an employee you are and have been, JJ wants you gone. It's just a matter of time before you're out the door. I've seen it happen to dozens of people.
Oh My

Marlinton, WV

#7 Mar 14, 2012
Told you so wrote:
I've been saying it all along: anyone and everyone left over from the CSX era has a target painted on their back. It doesn't matter how well you do your job or how loyal an employee you are and have been, JJ wants you gone. It's just a matter of time before you're out the door. I've seen it happen to dozens of people.
I "agree with I told you so" Ive seen more than a dozen, a lot more gone, and I for one had the target painted as well!
Jolly Gee Swann

Princeton, WV

#8 Mar 14, 2012
Yeah the Jolly Gee is in great shape, according to the Fat Bastard! It's in the shape of Mexico or Korea, just like all the wet backs and slant eyes that he has working there replacing all you other folks!
Rabbitt

Princeton, WV

#9 Mar 15, 2012
Jolly Gee Swann said

"Yeah the Jolly Gee is in great shape, according to the Fat Bastard! It's in the shape of Mexico or Korea, just like all the wet backs and slant eyes that he has working there replacing all you other folks"

stupid comment. racist. they're only here because the union is running the country in to the ground.
Jolly Gee Swann

Princeton, WV

#10 Mar 15, 2012
I'm not a recist, Jack Rabbit, I hate everyone, including you, equally! Screw the Greenbrier Hotel! I hope everyone who stays there gets jock itch! Including you, so as not to be partial.
Tom

Pulaski, VA

#11 Mar 15, 2012
saddened by it all wrote:
Jealous haters will exist, won't they?
just me

United States

#12 Mar 15, 2012
You know the girls really did play hard this year so let's give them some props in this.
just me

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2012
What is up with People talking about who is working half of the poeple here don't want to do the job that is required to keep things going like it should bee but want those pay checks I know plenty of the workers over there and you really have some hard and diacated workers but,just like any where else you got those that hide and run from work, stop and think about the people who work there in the past that paved the way for us now never got the pay they deserved and work their hearts out and loved their job I think some timess we just forget to count our blessings for what we do have and you wonder why the other people come here and work for less they are thankful
Rerun

Hurricane, WV

#14 Mar 19, 2012
just me wrote:
You know the girls really did play hard this year so let's give them some props in this.
Nobody really cares about girls basketball except moneybags? Uhmmm
Greenbrier Sucks

Quincy, IL

#15 Mar 19, 2012
The Greenbrier Treats its employees (and I'm not talking about the Jeff Kmiecs of the hotel) like shit. They are underpaid, overworked, treated like shit, paid like shit, talked down to and constantly lied too and talked down to. This place is ridiculous. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR FIFTH START UNTIL YOU TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES RIGHT
1 post removed

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 30, 2012
Greenbrier Sucks wrote:
The Greenbrier Treats its employees (and I'm not talking about the Jeff Kmiecs of the hotel) like shit. They are underpaid, overworked, treated like shit, paid like shit, talked down to and constantly lied too and talked down to. This place is ridiculous. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR FIFTH START UNTIL YOU TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES RIGHT
well maybe thats why hes getting rid of all you losers that wont do your job as told to..more power to JJ.... you sorry ass POS learn not to bite the hand that feeds you!!!
lol

Ona, WV

#18 Mar 30, 2012
I can't wait to see it comes back up for sale just to laugh at all of you a$$ kissers because you are the ones who are not worth a sh*# and your definitely not special like you think you are and just for your info I don't work there nor have I ever or will I ever I have just personally had the misfortune of having to listen to many (not all) of the employees who think that they are something special for working at a hotel lol
ilovewva

Mount Lookout, WV

#19 Mar 31, 2012
I quit there and i never have felt better all the bs you have to go through was like i was in jail only thing is i didnt have to wear the stripes or orange
annmous

Lewisburg, WV

#20 Apr 1, 2012
tracybarns73 wrote:
<quoted text>well maybe thats why hes getting rid of all you losers that wont do your job as told to..more power to JJ.... you sorry ass POS learn not to bite the hand that feeds you!!!
jj needs to get rid of jeff kmiecs and robert mickey, beatus and butt head could do a better job, besides jj is a cook and a liar and if you dont work there, than dont judge us, we know what its like there,
annmous

Lewisburg, WV

#21 Apr 1, 2012
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous haters will exist, won't they?
buying everything else,and his players, not fair not right to the other girls there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 1 hr besthavemovedaway 785
lomons ligens 17 hr haha 2
gregory douglas Wed Laura douglas 3
What store are they building in wss Wed just wondering 1
dana wade Aug 31 copy cat17 1
Lost amp on 92 Aug 28 Doc Smith 2
Drugs are a serious problemthat has to be taken... Aug 26 on tha hill 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

White Sulphur Springs Mortgages