Jim Justice

There are 86 comments on the Register-herald.com story from Aug 10, 2009, titled Jim Justice. In it, Register-herald.com reports that:

The Greenbrier's first West Virginian owner balances visionary dreams with a dose of realism In just a little over three months, The Register-Herald will begin its annual process of recapping the year's biggest news stories.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register-herald.com.

Who KNows

Oakvale, WV

#21 Oct 7, 2009
????
Fred

United States

#22 Oct 12, 2009
Well I know I enjoy my paycheck every 2 weeks however when it was $13.11 due to the fact that I got no hours! That kinds of sucked!
feels sorry for the girl

Crozet, VA

#23 Oct 19, 2009
does anyone know heath dowdy from white sulphur? i think its really wrong of the guy to go around cheating on his nice wife. i dont even think the girl is from here. i have seen here before but i dont know. anyway, him and his friend jimmy cheat on their wives all the time... i have seen it on more than one occasion. all you have to do is go to a party that their wives are not at and they are always hugged up to some girl. last year i was at a party up behind foodlion and i saw this idiot making out with a ugly chick. while i am sure his wife is at home. i think he has like three or four kids? why cant men just grow up. is pisses me off. the only reason i am putting this is because i saw him at vaughans gas station hugging a girl a little too close. right out in public. it just makes me mad. i think someone should bust his ass. i just dont know the girl or i would! oh well! if you know her i would tell her!
No Saint

Princeton, WV

#24 Oct 19, 2009
Did I miss something here? Your post has nothing to do with the title "Jim Justice" but ole well that is why we have freedom of speech!
office worker in wss

United States

#25 Oct 26, 2009
if you have a job at all these day's you should feel blessed!some employees at the greenbrier were spoiled by the bad management,imagine a busboy making 50 grand a year and a waitress making 75 or 80 grand and working only 8 months a year but yet demanding full benefits when other full-time employees work 40 hours a week plus but still only making 30 with a college education,is that right?and yes i have worked in the resort industry for many years.
union yes

Waynesboro, VA

#26 Nov 11, 2009
office worker in wss wrote:
if you have a job at all these day's you should feel blessed!some employees at the greenbrier were spoiled by the bad management,imagine a busboy making 50 grand a year and a waitress making 75 or 80 grand and working only 8 months a year but yet demanding full benefits when other full-time employees work 40 hours a week plus but still only making 30 with a college education,is that right?and yes i have worked in the resort industry for many years.
Everyone needs to ask Jim Justice why he chooses to use out of state contractors and out of state workers to build his casino. I know the dirt work is being done by Lynch, but most other crafts are coming from Viginia and other southern states. Why is he refuseing to use union labor, when it was the union that worked to get gaming passed. This is our Greenbrier, let people from West Virginia do the work. Is Jim Justice interested in the good of Greenbrier county and West Virginia or lining his pockets with more money. For GODS sake at least use WV people to build our GREENBRIER. I feel another Matewan brewing, WORKERS and community must UNITE as one before its too late. I mean look at his past, he sold West Virginias coal to who? The Russians, and now refuses to let use earn a lving doing the construction. i've had enough
mexicali

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#27 Nov 13, 2009
union yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to ask Jim Justice why he chooses to use out of state contractors and out of state workers to build his casino. I know the dirt work is being done by Lynch, but most other crafts are coming from Viginia and other southern states. Why is he refuseing to use union labor, when it was the union that worked to get gaming passed. This is our Greenbrier, let people from West Virginia do the work. Is Jim Justice interested in the good of Greenbrier county and West Virginia or lining his pockets with more money. For GODS sake at least use WV people to build our GREENBRIER. I feel another Matewan brewing, WORKERS and community must UNITE as one before its too late. I mean look at his past, he sold West Virginias coal to who? The Russians, and now refuses to let use earn a lving doing the construction. i've had enough
I will do it for 10 pesos, sei
Iknowher

Princeton, WV

#28 Nov 13, 2009
feels sorry for the girl wrote:
does anyone know heath dowdy from white sulphur? i think its really wrong of the guy to go around cheating on his nice wife. i dont even think the girl is from here. i have seen here before but i dont know. anyway, him and his friend jimmy cheat on their wives all the time... i have seen it on more than one occasion. all you have to do is go to a party that their wives are not at and they are always hugged up to some girl. last year i was at a party up behind foodlion and i saw this idiot making out with a ugly chick. while i am sure his wife is at home. i think he has like three or four kids? why cant men just grow up. is pisses me off. the only reason i am putting this is because i saw him at vaughans gas station hugging a girl a little too close. right out in public. it just makes me mad. i think someone should bust his ass. i just dont know the girl or i would! oh well! if you know her i would tell her!
To my knowledge Rowdy really loves his wife and talks very highly of her always. If this is truely going on why haven't you had her friends or someone that know her tell her? She's a really great person and needs to know but don't go starting it unless you have the proof.
Iknowher

Princeton, WV

#29 Nov 13, 2009
feels sorry for the girl wrote:
does anyone know heath dowdy from white sulphur? i think its really wrong of the guy to go around cheating on his nice wife. i dont even think the girl is from here. i have seen here before but i dont know. anyway, him and his friend jimmy cheat on their wives all the time... i have seen it on more than one occasion. all you have to do is go to a party that their wives are not at and they are always hugged up to some girl. last year i was at a party up behind foodlion and i saw this idiot making out with a ugly chick. while i am sure his wife is at home. i think he has like three or four kids? why cant men just grow up. is pisses me off. the only reason i am putting this is because i saw him at vaughans gas station hugging a girl a little too close. right out in public. it just makes me mad. i think someone should bust his ass. i just dont know the girl or i would! oh well! if you know her i would tell her!
If you want to let her know yourself you can find her on facebook just do a search of the email addy of [email protected] she is on my friends list. No she is not from around here and they have two kids together. If this is true then I definately want her to know. Do you know the names of the girl(s)? If you are just trying to start rumors then please just leave her alone. She is a wonderful girl who doesn't cause any trouble, works hard, and a wonderful mom. She doesn't need drama, unless this is true.

“I aint easy”

Since: Oct 09

wss

#30 Nov 14, 2009
i hope and pray whats happening up there truly works for the sake of all who go to work each day the alternatives are horrible enough . its going to be a while till the grade card comes in well see soon enough
Referee

United States

#31 Nov 14, 2009
feels sorry for the girl wrote:
does anyone know heath dowdy from white sulphur? i think its really wrong of the guy to go around cheating on his nice wife. i dont even think the girl is from here. i have seen here before but i dont know. anyway, him and his friend jimmy cheat on their wives all the time... i have seen it on more than one occasion. all you have to do is go to a party that their wives are not at and they are always hugged up to some girl. last year i was at a party up behind foodlion and i saw this idiot making out with a ugly chick. while i am sure his wife is at home. i think he has like three or four kids? why cant men just grow up. is pisses me off. the only reason i am putting this is because i saw him at vaughans gas station hugging a girl a little too close. right out in public. it just makes me mad. i think someone should bust his ass. i just dont know the girl or i would! oh well! if you know her i would tell her!
I know her too and I sent her a copy of this. She is pretty mad about it but you shouldn't hide behind "feels sorry for the girl" you shouldn't be a coward...you should tell her to her face what is going on and bust his a** if this is in fact the truth. Otherwise dry it up. She is a great person. And you on the other hand are either lying or afraid to face her.
Right to work

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2009
union yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone needs to ask Jim Justice why he chooses to use out of state contractors and out of state workers to build his casino. I know the dirt work is being done by Lynch, but most other crafts are coming from Viginia and other southern states. Why is he refuseing to use union labor, when it was the union that worked to get gaming passed. This is our Greenbrier, let people from West Virginia do the work. Is Jim Justice interested in the good of Greenbrier county and West Virginia or lining his pockets with more money. For GODS sake at least use WV people to build our GREENBRIER. I feel another Matewan brewing, WORKERS and community must UNITE as one before its too late. I mean look at his past, he sold West Virginias coal to who? The Russians, and now refuses to let use earn a lving doing the construction. i've had enough
Until people get off the union crap, they will always recruit out of state. Don't blame Justice, blame the your union.
union yes

United States

#33 Nov 14, 2009
Right to work wrote:
<quoted text>
Until people get off the union crap, they will always recruit out of state. Don't blame Justice, blame the your union.
If it were not for labor unions there wold not be a set work week or a weekend for workers to enjoy, as there would be no such thing as overtime. The companies would work you unlimited hours for what they want to pay, and you can bet your ass it would not be for time and a half. So the next time you are enjoying your weekend or get paid overtime you can THANK LABOR UNIONS!
clever name 1

Oakvale, WV

#34 Nov 14, 2009
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Try working fro minimum wage like a lot of people. Also try working jobs where there is no insurance available. When you go to a restuarant do you automatically pay your tip. I personally don't tip unless the service deserved to be tipped.
Yes i do always tip because those of us who are tipped employees make way less than minimum wage(between $2.13 and $5.75 an hour). try working for less than minimum wage. so when you don't tip you are not proving a point about poor service, you are pretty much robbing someone of their livleyhood. when you screw up at your minimum wage job, does your manager dock your hourly wage? no, because that would be illegal. chances are you never worked for tips and have no clue what is the server's fault verses the kitchens or hostest. i am sure that plenty of us have worked jobs where we didn't receive health benifits and that is unfortunate. the issue here becky, is that they (the greenbrier) are making it immpossible for us to qualify for the benifits we have been receicving. lots of young families will be unable to provide health care for there children. our jobs are a great deal more physically demanding and emotionally draining than you would imagine. those of us at the fine dining level have a tremndous amount of standards to follow, from what words are allowed to be used in front of guest, we always must speak in complete sentences, to how versed we are in culinary and wine knowledge. i would never judge you. i would never wish food to be taken out of your mouth or wish ill of your family, why do you wish it upon mine? your intolerance is unacceptable.
clever name 1

Oakvale, WV

#35 Nov 14, 2009
office worker in wss wrote:
if you have a job at all these day's you should feel blessed!some employees at the greenbrier were spoiled by the bad management,imagine a busboy making 50 grand a year and a waitress making 75 or 80 grand and working only 8 months a year but yet demanding full benefits when other full-time employees work 40 hours a week plus but still only making 30 with a college education,is that right?and yes i have worked in the resort industry for many years.

If you have worked in the resort industy for many years then why are you at all suprised about the lack of money the college educated make. Let's be honest here, you tell me what waitress made 75 to 80 grand? That is absolutely ridiculous. First of all "office worker" i would love to know the details of your day to day monday through friday 9 to 5 work week. Second, work is not available for the waitstaff all year long, i would assume someone who has been in this industy for so many years would understand the concept of seasonal business. Third, has the thought of how physically demanding our work is ever crossed your mind? We do not have the luxury of sitting down, we are constantly moving, constantly standing, lifting and carrying somewhat heavy loads 4- 6 hours a shift, two shifts a day. How would you like to work from 6am till 11:30, sometimes noon and then come back and work from 4pm till 10:30 or 11:30? we work every holliday, every weekend, and until recently 6 and 7 days a week. To comment on your spoilled remark, managment had nothing to do with how certain things got out of control there. We do suffer from bad managment but they hardly spoil us. The coruption in the union is to blame for things getting out of hand. Please don't judge us until you consider what it is like to walk in our shoes. i offer you the same respect.
clever name 1

Oakvale, WV

#36 Nov 14, 2009
Wm Gavin wrote:
Well, there goes the neighborhood. Setting up a gambling empire in the Greenbrier is an insult it can never recover from and should be stopped.
Now I guess the question is whether Big Jim Justice will fly in prostitutes from Memphis, New York or D.C. to spread the joy and the STD's or whether he will employ local talent?
It would have been better if it had been hit & destroyed by a tornado; at leat it would have gone with it's head high and reputation intact.
That might be the most ignorant and hateful thing i have ever read in my life. I am sure you consider yourself a christian, but those of us who truely are could never wish such ill upon our brothers.
knows who you are

Whitney, TX

#37 Nov 14, 2009
i think the sorry ass bitch who wrote this is the one he slept with and is pissed cause he didnt want more than a one nighter,and if getting back at him for not being with you! cause if u were a real woman than you wldnt be writing this shit instead of being a good woman and telling her seeming that you personally know her man!so stop writing shit acting like the concerened mother teresa when its damm obvious that your feeling bad and want to get back at him for turning you down and telling her without her knowing who the hell you are to keep your ass from getting beat!take a big bite of that!
1 post removed
knows who you are

Whitney, TX

#39 Nov 14, 2009
feels sorry for the girl wrote:
does anyone know heath dowdy from white sulphur? i think its really wrong of the guy to go around cheating on his nice wife. i dont even think the girl is from here. i have seen here before but i dont know. anyway, him and his friend jimmy cheat on their wives all the time... i have seen it on more than one occasion. all you have to do is go to a party that their wives are not at and they are always hugged up to some girl. last year i was at a party up behind foodlion and i saw this idiot making out with a ugly chick. while i am sure his wife is at home. i think he has like three or four kids? why cant men just grow up. is pisses me off. the only reason i am putting this is because i saw him at vaughans gas station hugging a girl a little too close. right out in public. it just makes me mad. i think someone should bust his ass. i just dont know the girl or i would! oh well! if you know her i would tell her!
i think the sorry ass bitch who wrote this is the one he slept with and is pissed cause he didnt want more than a one nighter,and if getting back at him for not being with you! cause if u were a real woman than you wldnt be writing this shit instead of being a good woman and telling her seeming that you personally know her man!so stop writing shit acting like the concerened mother teresa when its damm obvious that your feeling bad and want to get back at him for turning you down and telling her without her knowing who the hell you are to keep your ass from getting beat!take a big bite of that!
knows who you are

Whitney, TX

#40 Nov 14, 2009
Iknowher wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to let her know yourself you can find her on facebook just do a search of the email addy of [email protected] she is on my friends list. No she is not from around here and they have two kids together. If this is true then I definately want her to know. Do you know the names of the girl(s)? If you are just trying to start rumors then please just leave her alone. She is a wonderful girl who doesn't cause any trouble, works hard, and a wonderful mom. She doesn't need drama, unless this is true.
i think the sorry ass bitch who wrote this is the one he slept with and is pissed cause he didnt want more than a one nighter,and if getting back at him for not being with you! cause if u were a real woman than you wldnt be writing this shit instead of being a good woman and telling her seeming that you personally know her man!so stop writing shit acting like the concerened mother teresa when its damm obvious that your feeling bad and want to get back at him for turning you down and telling her without her knowing who the hell you are to keep your ass from getting beat!take a big bite of that!
Right to work

United States

#41 Nov 15, 2009
union yes wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for labor unions there wold not be a set work week or a weekend for workers to enjoy, as there would be no such thing as overtime. The companies would work you unlimited hours for what they want to pay, and you can bet your ass it would not be for time and a half. So the next time you are enjoying your weekend or get paid overtime you can THANK LABOR UNIONS!
You forgot to mention, if it weren't for all those union deductions that you will never see any return on, you would be bringing home about 1/3 more.
Unions, in their time, did help the work the worker with unfair labor practices but now they take it way too far.
Unions have out lasted their purpose, now it is about, union management living off the backs of the workers.
Recently I knew a contractor who went with the trades union, it was a prevailing wage job. The owner went union because it saved him money, his crew quit because they took home $500.00 less a week each. He hired out of the hall and they came and went like a revolving door. Quality of work and do overs skyrocketed.
In short the contractor went broke because of the lack of skill and work ethic of union labor.
Right to work states have always had more work than closed shop states, not to mention a better economy.
I know you are pro union, but take it from someone who has seen both sides for 42 years, union exist to help themselves and the underworld that runs them, not the rank and file.
If I thought that the unions cared about their workers I would would be 100% pro union.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Sulphur Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News West Virginia floods devastate 1,100 homes, man... 25 min WeTheSheeple 13
Blue jeep liberty 5 hr thorton 1
heather r 5 hr bella 2
cgll 7 hr Notfromgayburg 3
Lawsuits 8 hr Billys mom 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed Bad ass visitor 1,342
Pos in wss (Oct '15) Wed sickening 10

White Sulphur Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

White Sulphur Springs Mortgages