First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Oct 21, 2012
What churches are doing it and what time? And your rude comments wont hurt my feelings none so save your time for everyone else thanks in advance
the conductor

Morristown, TN

#2 Oct 21, 2012
So...anyone who posts an opinion that disagrees with your own is, in your estimation, rude?

Really?
curious

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2012
the conductor wrote:
So...anyone who posts an opinion that disagrees with your own is, in your estimation, rude?
Really?
in other words how most of you people decide to write" welfare bitch wic this fat white trash that." I've seen it before so with that being said yes that's rude and no it wont bother me at all. Thanks have a good day!
Gabby

Morristown, TN

#6 Oct 22, 2012
What IS "trunk or treat" ?
east end

Morristown, TN

#7 Oct 22, 2012
curious wrote:
What churches are doing it and what time? And your rude comments wont hurt my feelings none so save your time for everyone else thanks in advance
Buffalo Trail Baptist Church is, and it's between 5:30 and 7.
the conductor

Morristown, TN

#8 Oct 22, 2012
Gabby wrote:
What IS "trunk or treat" ?
Apparently various churches and religious organizations have decided that after hundreds of years of the holiday being celebrated in the traditional way, it has now become too evil and dangerous and too politically incorrect, and it is up to them to stop it and save the world. They have decided that everyone should park in a church parking lot and dispense candy from their vehicles, hoping to use the occasion to promote membership in their own church. Now they don't want anyone to trick-or-treat as usual, but instead come to their various church parking lots. Makes perfect sense to me.
Halloween Girl

Dandridge, TN

#9 Oct 22, 2012
Curious:Manley Baptist will have trunk or treat on Saturday from 5-7.

the conductor: this is a great way for the kids to get to trick or treat without running all over town and wasting lots of gas in today's economy, plus yes, it is too dangerous to just go to people's homes in the neighborhood that you do not know.
curious

United States

#10 Oct 22, 2012
Thank you all very much. And it is alot safer going to the churches. I really don't wont my child getting another can of skoal this year. Q
Not wrong just different

Morristown, TN

#11 Oct 24, 2012
the conductor wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently various churches and religious organizations have decided that after hundreds of years of the holiday being celebrated in the traditional way, it has now become too evil and dangerous and too politically incorrect, and it is up to them to stop it and save the world. They have decided that everyone should park in a church parking lot and dispense candy from their vehicles, hoping to use the occasion to promote membership in their own church. Now they don't want anyone to trick-or-treat as usual, but instead come to their various church parking lots. Makes perfect sense to me.
The reason that Trunk or Treat was started was for safety. It isn't safe for kids to just go up to a house anymore. Times are different from when we grew up. Grown people trying to get little kids for inappropriate acts. It is sad but true. Plus it is much more convenient to go to one place an let your child trick or treat. Area churches got the idea from College Square Mall. They came up with the idea when gas prices started spiking. Yes they do give pamphlets and information about their church. But it is no different then the business that promote themselves at the events at the park. If a person is new to the area it is a way to let them know about the church. It has nothing to do(at least for our church) with it being EVIL. But dangerous yes. There are several houses I would never dream of going to. Just because the house LOOKS ok doesn't mean anything. If you choose to go with the traditional way please be careful. However, a lot of people aren't home because they are participating in Trunk or treat. We always went to the houses of people we knew and only if they had their porch lite or outside lite on.
Left nut Willy aint right

Morristown, TN

#12 Oct 24, 2012
Like going to a church is so much safer than someones house. What are they giving out at churches, tickets good for a lifetime of free therapy with each molestation. Maybe free tickets to the imaginary village in the sky if you only do everything they say.
Trunk or treat 2012

Morristown, TN

#13 Oct 24, 2012
Manley Baptist Church Oct 27 5pm-7pm

Rocky Point Baptist Church (Russellville) Oct 31 5:30pm-?

Heritage Nursing Home, trick or treating w/ residents handing out candy. Monday 29th 6:30

Buffalo Trail Baptist Oct 31. Starting at 5:30pm

TCAR is having Tractor treat on Oct 31. The one in the metal building on Buffalo trail near the DMV, 2 streets up

Moringside Baptist Church.(beside Big Lots) I think is the 31st

Hillcrest Baptist Church Oct 31. 5:30pm-?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#14 Oct 24, 2012
with the number of people who use religion as a front to cover their deviancy and perversion, there's no way i'd take a kid to trick or treat at a church, out of peoples' cars.

no. fucking. way.

if you're so worried about pervs snatching up your kids, go with them house-to-house. problem solved, AND you won't have a stack of church literature to throw away at the end of the night. everyone wins.
Not wrong just different

Morristown, TN

#15 Oct 24, 2012
Left nut Willy aint right wrote:
Like going to a church is so much safer than someones house. What are they giving out at churches, tickets good for a lifetime of free therapy with each molestation. Maybe free tickets to the imaginary village in the sky if you only do everything they say.
It is in the parking lot of the churches and all churches are like what you described. And yes,in my opinion, going to a public parking lot full of people outside is much safer then knocking on the door of an unknown house. Most parents don't go to the door with their kids. Once someone grads a child and pulls them inside there isn't much you can do but break down the door. Your outlook on church is sad but it is you opinion. An everyone is entitled to their own. There is no FREE TICKET. And I don't go by what men say I go by the bible. That is what I believe in. Again if you don't that is your choice. I am not here to judge anyone. I hope you have a great day.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#16 Oct 24, 2012
Not wrong just different wrote:
<quoted text>
Once someone grads a child and pulls them inside there isn't much you can do but break down the door.
right. and this happens ALL the time. every year i see it all over the news, kids getting snatched up from the doorsteps of strangers on halloween. because there's nothing you can do but break down the door. its not like you know where they live or anything. its not like you can call the police. its not like there's shit tons of other people walking around at the same time.

its obviously much safer to deliver your kids to people who tempt them with candy out of their cars.
Grammar Nazi

Morristown, TN

#17 Oct 24, 2012
Not wrong just different wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in the parking lot of the churches and all churches are like what you described.
Wow! You agreed with him and still will go? Either you have no children or are one of the religious pedophiles. I might give you the benefit of the doubt and say you forgot the ^ not^ in that sentence. Well, with all the other grammatical mistakes you made I can see it. Maybe your church should offer an English class or G.E.D. program.
curious

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2012
This is about stupid how I cam ask a simple question and it gets turned around to all this other crap! Id take my kids to a church parking lot with candy in a trunk then to some drunks house on halloween and my kids get a can of skoal. Good god grow up and get over yourself. THANK YOU to all who helped :)
Myster E

Lake City, SC

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Is manley the only one doing it tonight?
the conductor

Morristown, TN

#20 Oct 27, 2012
Grammar Nazi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You agreed with him and still will go? Either you have no children or are one of the religious pedophiles. I might give you the benefit of the doubt and say you forgot the ^ not^ in that sentence. Well, with all the other grammatical mistakes you made I can see it. Maybe your church should offer an English class or G.E.D. program.
Sarcasm, meet Grammar Nazi. Grammar Nazi, sarcasm.

Not the brightest bulb in the box are ya?
QUESTION MUCH

Jefferson City, TN

#21 Oct 27, 2012
Kind of sad the children of now a days can't go door to door like the past generations.So sad many fun things are being taken away from them.
Wow

Morristown, TN

#22 Oct 27, 2012
It amazes me what people say, I think it is great churches do this. And time has changed so much I like dont like my child door to door. My church does this and we also went to Manley. Thank you to all the wonderful people who standed in the rain&cold to make this happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Pine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trailor parks 23 hr JimBob 2
Damn blonde cutie Sat damm shawty 6
affairs at tru mh Sat curious 14
Cindy Smith drinnon Fri I saw the skeleton 2
white impala cruising through white pine Fri DirtyFrank 2
wendys white pine Mar 25 sheila 3
Victoria Edwards (Jun '14) Mar 24 shesNASTY 16
White Pine Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

White Pine People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]