First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Guess what? Just got back from my son's football practice and found outhis favorite coach was "fired" for saying a cuss word. C'mon now, the big fat defense coach is always cussing, according to my son, so what is it? The same old crap! This team has a good young team but the "A" team have no coach. One guy is great big and quiet, he is the head coach, another wears a boot and looks like he stays on another planet, another yells all the time and acts like he is mad at the world, and the other is older and wears a knee brace. I never see any of them getting real excited except for the defensive coach but at least the one with thr knee brace took an interest in the kids. I am not sure how much any of them know, it's like no one is the coach, they are pitiful. All I can say is, if you are going to fire one, then fire all of them, especially the one with the boot that sits there like a stump on a log like he's had one too many. I wish I could say my name byt my son would never get to play again, not that he gets to play much now. C'mon White House, my older son has played for you, I expect better.
Anonymous

Springfield, TN

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Hey, we need to meet up, my wife and I are saying the same thing. I learned a long time ago that certain people control the football league, a bunch of rednecks! if your coach had an opinion, then I'm sure he is gone. If you want to coach in this league, you better sit back, put your balls in your pocket, and kiss butt, or else you will be saying adios!
Anonymous

Springfield, TN

#3 Sep 20, 2010
Sounds luke a scapegoat! Is your team winning? Same guy has been coaching that league for a while, time for change. My kid is on the 11 and 12 league and I get so pissed at the lack of experience from these coaches, they don't know anything but they don't want to take advice from anyone. tell your coach that was fired not to feel bad, he was probably doing right for the kids while the other coaches sit on their butts. In this league, they expect you to treat the kids like crap and if they like you, you are doing something wrong,
Holy Smoke Batman

La Vergne, TN

#4 Sep 21, 2010
I would tell him not to worry about it, it aint the first and won't be the last. I'm sure your kid will do ok. I know which team you are talking about, who us supposed to be the head coach of that team?
abc

United States

#5 Sep 21, 2010
ok, it's cool your kids have found something they are interested in, but... This isn't the NFL people. I have laughed about this town for years b/c it's so funny how people take this stuff so seriously.
Holy Smoke Batman

La Vergne, TN

#6 Sep 21, 2010
abc wrote:
ok, it's cool your kids have found something they are interested in, but... This isn't the NFL people. I have laughed about this town for years b/c it's so funny how people take this stuff so seriously.
You are right. I think the point is that the coaches try to treat it like the NFL when it is a youth game. The kids should be allowed to learn the game and have fun while competing. You couldn't pay me to be a coach in Jr. Pro, especially in White House.
LJ King

Springfield, TN

#7 Sep 21, 2010
Hello, a friend told me to read this site, how interesting. I think I should have read this before I talked my poor husband into coaching after he was asked to help by the "head coach".
If I have learned anything about our team, with the exception of the 6 yr. old assitant coaches, is "Get some integrity" If you have a personality conflict with someone, have the integrity to tell the truth instead of making up a bullsh** lie. The shame in your faces when you can't look at someone says everything. I really hope you sleep well at night knowing you screwed over someone who is one of the few that would help you without expecting something in return, but what can you expect from a bunch of cowards? I'll say this in redneck terms you will understand, future advice "Grow a set, you'll need'em in the future,what goes around, comes around"
here 4 u

Springfield, TN

#8 Oct 5, 2010
u people r insane. White house is founded on football. Jr pro or not. If u dont like ur coaches then boot them out if u can do a better job. Suck it up deal with it... Wariors or not bring on the BDP
former super bowl winner

Maryville, TN

#9 Dec 5, 2010
most jr pro coaches are idiots. That being said, there are some really good ones out there, but their last names don't usually match the starting QB's last name.
football fan

Cottontown, TN

#10 Jul 25, 2011
Well the time is here lets see how this years coaches do! A new year and a few new coaches. I'm going to try to be positive with this staff from the beginning... hopefully it all goes well. It's football time in White House ,TN!!!!
mad mom

Cottontown, TN

#11 Aug 24, 2011
So the coach for the 9-10 white thinks the rule that every child has to play means if they are in for 1 play they have played. Sorry excuse for a football coach for 9-10's.
Football Junkie

Franklin, TN

#12 Aug 24, 2011
mad mom wrote:
So the coach for the 9-10 white thinks the rule that every child has to play means if they are in for 1 play they have played. Sorry excuse for a football coach for 9-10's.
Mad Mom,

Don't worry... he will reap what he sows.

Either he will wake-up and realize how he has the potential to influence these young men in a positive way and development them (as he states that is what his goal is) or not.(We are not going to give-up on him totally yet.)

(He has a son who at some point is not going to be under his Daddy's wing and will need to be developed by another coach as well.) I wonder how B would feel if R was played 1 or 2 plays in a game and was told "Well, he gets plenty of practice time" (not true - they are just warm bodies on the field with little instruction as the other players run through their plays). And, then stating out the other side of his mouth "We have a goal to develop them" as well as like you stated Mad Mom,(this is the best), "All I am required to play them is one play as the rule states". If you are a coach who is developing your players, then you should be making sure that all your players participate in a minimum of eight plays on game day. Oh, and by the way, to hold a secret practice on Wednesday, August 10th for a select few players - this does not set a foundation for "TEAM" and causes dissention.

Portland, TN

#13 Mar 10, 2013
Do they need any head coaching help over there?? No kids in the league. Just love coaching football and don't have a home.

Portland, TN

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Ok. Guess not
orangeshack

White House, TN

#15 Apr 9, 2013
All I can say is at least these coaches volunteer their time. Most of the kids parents think that football is a place to drop of their kid so someone else can baby sit them for a couple of hours. All the daddy ball stuff is true. If you think you can do any better you can join the Men Club. That is if your kid is worth a damn.

Portland, TN

#16 Apr 9, 2013
orangeshack wrote:
All I can say is at least these coaches volunteer their time. Most of the kids parents think that football is a place to drop of their kid so someone else can baby sit them for a couple of hours. All the daddy ball stuff is true. If you think you can do any better you can join the Men Club. That is if your kid is worth a damn.
What if I don't have a kid in the league and just wanna coach football. No daddy ball here.
No one

Gallatin, TN

#17 Apr 10, 2013
No one gives a sh$$$$t abou this old a$$ post !!!!

Portland, TN

#18 Apr 10, 2013
No one wrote:
No one gives a sh$$$$t abou this old a$$ post !!!!
I see.
Crazyhorse

White House, TN

#19 May 7, 2013
White House Jr Pro is like an 80's soap opera or a 80's country song, you decide. You got parents that show up drunk, parents that smoke on the field, married coaches sleeping with married parents, parents that cuss their kids after the game, daddy coaches living in the past through their own kid who's either the QB or RB, teams that NEVER have a winning season year after year after year, kids fighting each other on their own team during a game, 20+ kids crying at the end of each game, raffles are won by the team moms or coaches (iPads for instance), paying for shirts you never receive with no explanation or refunds, coaches having no control over foul mouthed players and/or parents during a game where the official threw a flag because of it, and last but not least, adults acting like spoiled children repeatedly, every single practice and every single game where none of the kids were smiling or laughing during or after. I've never seen so many miserable boys at one time, none were having fun and they never learned a dang thing, no team spirit, no support whatsoever. White House Jr Pro needs to be overhauled somehow, the White House Men's club is an excuse to eat pizza and talk about nothing, it's all a pissing contest anyway. And, it's a damn shame because there are a handful of genuinely good and decent men who volunteer, but those men don't have the majority of control over the league.

Portland, TN

#20 May 8, 2013
OU
Crazyhorse wrote:
White House Jr Pro is like an 80's soap opera or a 80's country song, you decide. You got parents that show up drunk, parents that smoke on the field, married coaches sleeping with married parents, parents that cuss their kids after the game, daddy coaches living in the past through their own kid who's either the QB or RB, teams that NEVER have a winning season year after year after year, kids fighting each other on their own team during a game, 20+ kids crying at the end of each game, raffles are won by the team moms or coaches (iPads for instance), paying for shirts you never receive with no explanation or refunds, coaches having no control over foul mouthed players and/or parents during a game where the official threw a flag because of it, and last but not least, adults acting like spoiled children repeatedly, every single practice and every single game where none of the kids were smiling or laughing during or after. I've never seen so many miserable boys at one time, none were having fun and they never learned a dang thing, no team spirit, no support whatsoever. White House Jr Pro needs to be overhauled somehow, the White House Men's club is an excuse to eat pizza and talk about nothing, it's all a pissing contest anyway. And, it's a damn shame because there are a handful of genuinely good and decent men who volunteer, but those men don't have the majority of control over the league.
You just rattled off characteristics of every midd tn. Jr pro community. Every community has people who wanna volunteer, but most the youth football has become so political that volunteers just give up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White House Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda stevens Sun sadly 8
What business is being built at old Jack in the... Jul 31 JDB 1
Hateful Woman Who Works at DHC Comfort Heating... Jul 30 Action Jackson 2
News Gateway, Northcrest want to build ER facilities... Jul 29 Chatter 7
Amanda Stevenson Jul 28 Mower Man 10
Papa Murphys Jul 28 Tommy Hite 1
divorce lawyer for a women Jul 27 Selena1 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

White House Mortgages