Sears TV incident brings out some anger Sears incident brings o...

Full story: Baltimore Sun 36
T here's nothing like feeling betrayed by an old and trusted friend to get your blood going. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Obama 2008”

Since: Feb 08

Mountain Top, PA

#22 Jun 9, 2008
get serious wrote:
We've bought Kenmore appliances for 30 years -- no problems!
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
Don

Rochester, NY

#23 Jun 9, 2008
jeffro wrote:
Sears in in finacial trouble right now. Bank of America cut off their credit line weeks ago. They won't survive this.
Sears has a lot of cash in the bank. They weren't using this Credit line, and now they don't have to pay for it. This will have no impact on Sears. But, they better find reasons to get customers in the stores, if they want to survive.
Just thinking

AOL

#24 Jun 9, 2008
It's as simple as this: someone has a bad experience at a company and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon to knock the company down. Having been involved with a large retailer for over 25 years, I would love to hear the other side of the story. Remember people, there are always 2 sides to every story. I've personally had wonderful experiences with Sears/Kmart - if I have a (rare)problem, I calmly and fully explain the situation and it has always been taken care of. Am I really the only lucky person out there who hasn't had a bad experience with either of these retailers??
Greg

Fremont, CA

#25 Jun 9, 2008
I bought two craftsman lawn hoses from Sears. I ran one over with my Sears lawnmower and destroyed it. Later, like an idiot, I did the same thing to the other one. I bought another hose at Sears because it was my fault. When I returned to replace the 2nd one, I mentioned what I did and without hesitation they said that was covered by the lifetime warranty. I am a happy Sears customer!
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#26 Jun 9, 2008
back in the day sears was worth their weight in gold but something happened....walmart. Yeah it didn't always carry the same things but face the facts here...sears carries quite a bit...walmart carries quite a bit. Would you like to get groceries while getting your clothes and electronics? meanwhile sears has areas that are hardly touched (h&r block?)
kilarney

London, Canada

#27 Jun 9, 2008
the internet is a great place to vent when you have a bad experience with a retailer! Many people who leave one company are passing others coming from other retailers that they hate and "will never shop again at". We all criss-cross paths storming about and all the big retailers know they win some and lose some. The spiral downward of lower and lower prices...tied to lower and lower quality is hollowing out North America from within....as we all seek bargains!!!
Michael

Parkville, MD

#28 Jun 9, 2008
Walmart is for clones, Keep shopping at Walmart and before you know it, you won't have a choice of where to shop.
Ed Sixt

Mesa, AZ

#29 Jun 9, 2008
Nothing compares with Maytag. I was retarded enough to buy an early version of the Neptune washers/dryer. Did not clean clothes in some cases did not get the clothes wet. No help from Maytag. Bought a new home, the builder put in Neptunes (later model). Did not clean clothes (3 years later) and flooded my home.

Was open to partial credit from Maytag for conventional washer/dryer. Idiot treatment for 3 mos.; phone Whirlpool. No help from Whirlpool. Will not buy Whirlpool and Maytag
LBear

Pomona, NJ

#30 Jun 9, 2008
Bruce Wilcox's comments are right on! Sears has lost touch with it's external customer base. They don't do such a great job with their internal customers either. Specifically, the employees. It's a horrible atmosphere to work in with no sense of direction at the store levels and from corporate. They're desperate! And it manifests itself by continually not satisfying the customer!.
THE REAL DEAL

AOL

#31 Jun 9, 2008
Whats all this the customers always right and bitching and moaning people wondering why they cant rip sears off anymore.Years ago home depot and walmart and target werent around thats why sears isnt doing as good not because there not treating the customer right.people goto sears for the warranties meaning they can get stuff for free.they know they cant do that AT LOEWS.the technicians that come to your house those guys get screwed by the customer the worst under sears maintenance plans the people want everything for free will loews do that?sears froze there pensions and there benefits sux also.
Canada shopper

Windsor, Canada

#32 Jun 10, 2008
It's too bad. Since Eddie Lampert got control of Sears/Kmart, it seems that his big strategy is to implement stock buyback programs. With that kind of focus at the top of the organization, is it any surprise that the retailer is in a tailspin, which, by the way, will only release Eddie to 'salvage/unlock' the real estate value under those stores. All I can think is: Good Luck to anyone shopping or sorking there. :-(
Sears is a dying ICON

AOL

#33 Jun 10, 2008
When Sears merged with Kmart, they brought to much Kmart management to Sears. All the good Sears people bailed and now it's Kmart managers who are running Sears. Kmart managers could not run Kmartyet alone Sears. Lambert knows nothing about Retail or people.
Old-Timer at Sears

Sutersville, PA

#34 Jun 19, 2008
I am an old timer at Sears with over 35 years with the company, and I sympathize with all of those who feel betrayed. In years past we rarely said no to a customer, but were instructed to say ,"What can I do to satisfy you?" and then we did it. Now we can't even make a simple monetary adjustment without staff approval. Over the years i built a customer base that would purchase only from me, because they trusted me and the company I stood for. Those same customers are now lucky if they can even reach me on the automated phone system that we have. I'm one of the last full-time selling associates, a dinosaur , just waiting for the next asteroid.

“Obama 2008”

Since: Feb 08

Mountain Top, PA

#35 Jun 19, 2008
Old-Timer at Sears wrote:
I am an old timer at Sears with over 35 years with the company, and I sympathize with all of those who feel betrayed. In years past we rarely said no to a customer, but were instructed to say ,"What can I do to satisfy you?" and then we did it. Now we can't even make a simple monetary adjustment without staff approval. Over the years i built a customer base that would purchase only from me, because they trusted me and the company I stood for. Those same customers are now lucky if they can even reach me on the automated phone system that we have. I'm one of the last full-time selling associates, a dinosaur , just waiting for the next asteroid.
That's a sad testament to the state of modern customer service.

I'm in the process of building a house myself, and I count my blessings when I find a place that has a knowledgeable staff person that can actually inform me on the products they sell. Tough to find at a Sears, Home Depot or Lowes (or anywhere, for that matter) these days.

I can do my own homework, but when I need help in a store I'm in the habit of looking for the person with gray hair :) I hope corporate America wakes up in time to bring you "dinosaurs" back from extinction.
Miriam Crumbley

Atlanta, GA

#36 Jun 22, 2008
Mike Drought wrote:
For 30 years years I was proud of the Sears I worked for. Since my retirement 15 years ago I have sadly watched it go downhill, and I am another American who no longer ships there. How sad.
I also worked with you at Sears in Bethesda MD. I agree with your statement. I retired in 1997.
Leo L

Ware Shoals, SC

#37 Jun 23, 2008
THE WORST COMPANY I EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH. IT TAKES 3 MONTHS TO RESPOND. AND HOURS ON HOLD TO BE TOLD YOU WILL HEAR FROM US IN 90 DAYS!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

White Hall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog running loose Aug '14 JMDi32 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Jon SpellMAN 16
wow check th is one out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dudley Ohanlon 1
Review: Automotive Authority LLC (Aug '11) May '13 Matt 9
Housing or trailer cheap? (Oct '12) Oct '12 Joe Dirt 1
Last public hearing for 3rd District rezoning r... (Jun '12) Jun '12 concerned citizen 1
Who do you support for Register of Wills in Mar... (Oct '10) Mar '12 Zink545 2
White Hall Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

White Hall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

White Hall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in White Hall

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:23 pm PST