Since: Jan 08

Wheeling, WV

#1 Jan 9, 2012
Anybody out there on Effexor and how long, also how much? I have been on Effexor XR 225mg for about 12 years. I have had a weight gain from it and also from a injury. I have gained around 100lbs and it really sucks. I get the sweats and twitches and i have thought about weaning off of it but from what i have heard it's nasty. Any comments feel free to add.
Eek

Fairmont, WV

#2 Jan 28, 2012
Effexor is poison, like many big pharma products. It is highly physically addictive and many people find they want to get off of the stuff due to the unacceptable side effects and end up with horrible withdrawal symptoms...brain zaps, shakes, weakness, nausea, the list goes on. Some people are never able to stop taking it once they start for this reason. Also, the extended release version is particularly nasty as it does not last the full time it is supposed to (this drug has a very short acting time) and you end up craving your next dose before it's due. Look it up on your favourite search engine sometime, it's a bad substance.
Been there

Shippingport, PA

#3 Feb 22, 2012
What eek said. I was on it for 18 months, 75 mg XR. It nearly drove me crazy so I decided to wean off it with a doctor's supervision. I won't divulge details but it was the worst period of my life.

I tried two other ADs after that and I'm now drug free, thank God.

Effexor is the pits. I'm sorry about what you're going through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheeling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Person - Jeffery E Dale Mar 3 bubu 1
got that boy Feb 26 Hagatha May 2
question about wheeling area Feb 25 Hagatha May 2
Smoking Ban Still a Hot Topic (Jul '14) Feb 23 BUCKEYE AT BIRTH 6
John Preston Feb 20 Sunshine19 3
clk059 Feb 13 Lee 1
Arena Struggles To Find Workers Feb 10 Old Black Joe 1
Wheeling Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web