Grandparents rights??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Have a daughter who chose her friend over her own children. They have been with my husband and I for over three months and she is with a fellow who wants her for her money. I tried to get temporary custody so I can get them medical attention if need be, but can't even get that without the mothers permission. She is in another state. My husband and I traveled six hours to go get them because they had no money for hotel and her two children, two and four, had to sleep under a bridge. They were literally homeless. The worst part is she can come and get them at any time and I have no say so. I would take care of them for life, but I know she wouldn't agree because she gets a lot of money at the end of the year through her income tax and signs and gives her no good boyfriend the whole check. Kids never see a dime and she also gets child support check and gives him that too. Lawyers can't help. They say I can get her for abandonment after six months, but I fear she will return for them before that. I pray everyday she doesn't come back for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheeling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 18 hr The monster 4,243
Shane Rector (Jun '13) Sep 14 Shane 5
Kristen Watson Aug '17 jboyg25 1
Anyone know Erica Donaldson? Aug '17 Somebody17 1
wheeling park football Aug '17 dusty 1
News 13 Arrested In Wheeling Prostitution Sting (Jun '06) Aug '17 ufatchic 14
Wondering Aug '17 Homeless Wino Pete 2

Wheeling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance