Information about Imperial pools/marine building

Posted in the Wheeling Forum

LocalGuy

Wheeling, WV

#1 Sep 5, 2012
I read that the imperial pools building will be torn down soon, which is good since it has been empty for as long as I can remember.

The building has always intrigued me though.

Does anyone have any information on the building as to what it was originally build for or the history behind it? I can't find anything about it at all on google other than a couple pictures of the front.

I would love to see what is inside of it.
I wonder

Broadview Heights, OH

#2 Sep 10, 2012
try public records. search in tax records for real estate. dig a little, you'll find it. maybe this is a sstart:

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/West-...

if that doesn't work hit the ohio county clerk of courts.
Kevin Dykema

Piscataway, NJ

#3 Jan 10, 2013
I'm pretty sure the Imperial Pools building used to be an elementary school in the early to mid-20th century. I can't remember the name of the school though.
KatrinaB

Saint Clairsville, OH

#4 Jul 21, 2013
LocalGuy wrote:
I read that the imperial pools building will be torn down soon, which is good since it has been empty for as long as I can remember.
The building has always intrigued me though.
Does anyone have any information on the building as to what it was originally build for or the history behind it? I can't find anything about it at all on google other than a couple pictures of the front.
I would love to see what is inside of it.
From what I hear it used to be an old school. And guess what? I have pictures of the inside! Oh it was a photographer's paradise! I will warn you though, a few are a tad blurry as there wasn't a lot of light.
I am really sad it was torn down. Yes, it was an eyesore, but it was pretty bad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheeling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 37 min by golly hillbilly 58,272
carrie lynn carr Sep 15 tbone 6
Police Capture Escaped Inmate Sep 11 yeah yeah 1
Moving to area (Dec '13) Sep 10 Ashley 10
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) Sep 6 Doc in Roane 5,639
The value of newspaper advertising (Nov '13) Sep 4 Miss Practicality 8
City OKs Mount Asbestos Abatement (Oct '11) Sep 3 Jesus Ramirez 3
•••
•••
•••

Wheeling Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wheeling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••