Subway Invites WVa School Children to...

Subway Invites WVa School Children to Eat Fresh

Posted in the Wheeling Forum

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2012
WHEELING- Several West Virginia schools are getting a new menu this year thanks to two television personalities; Jamie Oliver and Jared Fogle. They've never met, but in a virtual tag-team effort they may be changing WVa public school meals forever.

In 2010, the UK's Jamie Oliver and his "Food Revolution" marched into Huntington, WV to battle bad eating habits. Jamie tried to educate students, teachers, administrators and parents on the value of good nutrition and the part it plays in a child's education, as well as their entire life. Huntington was chosen after being named "America's Fattest and Unhealthiest City" in a 2008 Associated Press article. Jamie threw out dumpsters full of junk food and fake meat, as well as hundreds of gallons of chocolate milk. It ended much like you might imagine. "We don't need some punk British chef tellin' us how to eat," said one young Huntington mother. "My boys are fat and happy! What's wrong with that?"

more...
http://thediggerer.com/component/k2/item/210-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheeling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Hospital CEOs of Huntington Hospitals Lie T... Dec 1 The Catholic Comm... 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Nov 28 Jay Siatan 3,907
Bald Eagle Sightings (Mar '13) Nov 16 Melissa 5
News Stable Unemployment Rate Could Change in the Oh... Nov 15 Larry Tighe 1
CBS NEWS Exposes WV AG Patrick Morrisey/ Big P... Nov 6 60 Minutes 4
Insane Asylum/Roney's Point (Jun '07) Oct '16 Milton 211
West Virginia's "Top Cop"--Patrick Morrisey Oct '16 HospitalTransparency 2

Wheeling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance