what do you think about vernon fire d...

what do you think about vernon fire department

Posted in the Wheelersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FYI

United States

#1 Mar 31, 2010
I think the department as went to hell the last few years.
House fire victim

United States

#2 Mar 31, 2010
I think they are great, had our house fire out in <45 min, saving quite a bit. And it was a rather large fire. My thanks to Vernon firefighters, more should volunteer!! Great men!
Thankful

New York, NY

#3 Mar 31, 2010
They saved my grandpa when his tractor flipped over on him. Not to mention one of the firemen that was there was quite the dream to look at. I love those guys.
Vernonresident

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2010
I think the fire department does an excellent job. This is a VOLUNTEER fire department and most of the members have jobs and can't be around 24/7. Why is it the people that bash those who take the time out to volunteer and help those who need it. If you think you can do a better job or have time to volunteer then why not help out yourself. I know whenever I needed them, they were always there. Find something better to do instead of bashing those who do great work.
Live in Vernon

Marion, OH

#5 Apr 3, 2010
The fire department and the rescue team are WONDERFUL! I know as soon as they get a call they hit the roads and as soon as they think they need some backup they tell dispatch to send out another township! VERNON is a really really fast responding team! Plus, it is all volunteer! You never know how many members you are going to have for a run! I think the whole crew does a wonderful job! Least when i have a problem i know they will be there to help me! So stop BASHING THEM!
Jodi Neff Delong

Cleburne, TX

#6 Apr 3, 2010
FYI did u mean has? As I have said over and over if your gonna bash, at least do it right!!!

And please remember the famous saying.....

Why is it, that we are always running in, while everyone else is running out?
They risk their lives daily for people they don't even know, please give them credit for that.
vernon

Ashburn, VA

#7 Apr 9, 2010
I live in vernon. I think we have a good fire department. Especially since everyone is volunteer!! You have a lot of nerve..I am sure you don't take the time to volunteer. They respond to fires like they are suuppose to..So I don't get what your issue is! Like I said if you don't like it then maybe you should volunteer too.
I am Thankful

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2010
I usually don't respond to negative comments like you made, because it brings more attention to your negativity. But, I think we need to let our volunteers know we support them and appreciate the time they give for their community.
When I read your comment, I thought you might be misinformed or maybe have been misled in your thinking. I would like to offer you a different, more positive, opinion of Vernon Township volunteers.
Now about Vernon Township Fire Department and Emergency Squad
In my opinion, Vernon Township has one of, if not the best, fire departments and emergency rescue organizations in the country when it comes to the individuals we have VOLUNTEERING! Not only do the members donate their time, but their families also give up a lot in support of the member's involvement in the department.
When the call comes, members drop what they are doing, drop the kids at the grandparents or sitter, and get to the station as quickly as possible. Whether they have a cake in the oven, are ready to sit down to a meal, or just walked in the door after a long day at work, they respond. Sometimes they get woke up in the middle of the night, spend most of the night at a fire, then go back to the station, clean equipment and get things ready for the next run. After all this, they report to their jobs and work all day after having little or no sleep. They don't think about themselves. They think about the fire or accident victims in need. T
If it's a fire or accident where they see victims die, it lingers on their minds for days, weeks, or months. They never forget what they saw. They are professionals in what they do, but they are human. They are first on the scene and often comfort and console family members. They stay until the job is complete. Oh yes, let's not forget about the many hours of training they need to become firemen or EMTs.
Have you ever watched our volunteers in action? I have observed them at a few fires and ambulance runs. The equipment they carry and work with is heavy and cumbersome. The speed at which they work is amazing. From the time they jump into the trucks at the station until they return, they never slow down.
Yes, the department has had its ups and downs and the usual problems that we find anywhere we work. But, from what I'm seeing, the old members are actively involved in the department, and new members are joining. Our volunteers are there and ready when the calls come in.
I am thankful we have our volunteers. I would like to say to them "God Bless you all, we appreciate you, thank you for what you do, and thank you for your selflessness." I encourage others to let them know they are appreciated.
By the way -- You should have someone proofread your post before you post it.
I am Thankful

United States

#9 Apr 10, 2010
By the way, I am NOT one of the firemen or Emts. I am a resident of the township who appreciates what our volunteers do.
pissed off

United States

#10 Apr 11, 2010
this is to fyi: if you think it has gone down hill, then you had better sit back and take notice big boy. The department now has a new chief. the amount of people responding to calls has greatly increased, and the tension within the department is gone. so take a long look at the ex-administration(chief) before you start running your mouth. if you have a problem with department stop by there and express your concerns. you can also attend a trustees meeting and tell them of your problem. so i guess what i am saying is keep your stinking mouth shut.
Jimmy

Marion, OH

#11 Apr 12, 2010
pissed off wrote:
this is to fyi: if you think it has gone down hill, then you had better sit back and take notice big boy. The department now has a new chief. the amount of people responding to calls has greatly increased, and the tension within the department is gone. so take a long look at the ex-administration(chief) before you start running your mouth. if you have a problem with department stop by there and express your concerns. you can also attend a trustees meeting and tell them of your problem. so i guess what i am saying is keep
your stinking mouth shut.
Pissed off... Was that a cheap shot at the ex-chief?
What

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2010
Please keep in mind that the ex-chief is the reason Vernon is what it is.
That is a very cheap shot!! And I can't believe any member of the department would ever speak that way. You should forever be ashamed of yourself!
Jimmy

Marion, OH

#13 Apr 14, 2010
Seems as though pissed of doesn't want to respond
whycontinuethis

United States

#14 Apr 14, 2010
Just be thankful that there are people out there that are willing to take time away from their home and family to help people when they need it. No matter what time of day or night, these people respond to help out. I don't think any of the firemen get the recognizition that they deserve. That includes ex-chief and the rest of the fire department.
the right way

Piketon, OH

#15 Mar 28, 2012
What wrote:
Please keep in mind that the ex-chief is the reason Vernon is what it is.
That is a very cheap shot!! And I can't believe any member of the department would ever speak that way. You should forever be ashamed of yourself!
No it was the asstant chief that did all the work than, now he is the chief and the department just keeps getting better and better
resident

Elizabeth, NJ

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Vernon is one of the best in the county top notch equipment and staff five times the fire department that porter Twp is or wishes they were
really

United States

#17 Mar 28, 2012
resident wrote:
Vernon is one of the best in the county top notch equipment and staff five times the fire department that porter Twp is or wishes they were
are we compairing cocks? Who gives a shit as long as a fire gets put out !! This isn't NYC
bigdaddy

Maryland Heights, MO

#18 Mar 29, 2012
resident wrote:
that's kinda a dick thing to say why don't you join up then you can talk shit
awesome

Tarlton, OH

#19 Mar 29, 2012
Vernon is a great dept. I know several of the guys who volunteer there. Vernon goes on more squad runs in South Webster than Webster's own fire dept. The guys and gals in Vernon do a great job!
Vernon Momma

Galion, OH

#20 Apr 3, 2012
I think Vernon Township does a wonderful job. The past and present firechief's are both great at doing their job. Only problem I have along with many of Vernon Township family's is the wife of the current Firechief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheelersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tommy tomblin is a punk bitch 3 hr suda 1
Dr McGinnis Pain Clinic Sun Hubert Slush 6
Megan Ashley Richmond Sun Cirice 2
Rd blevins Sat Shereec 1
What happened to Brandon Justice? Sat Tyrone black 15
dr mcginnis (Aug '16) Mar 25 Cindy k 18
Rural king Mar 24 neighbor 5

Wheelersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance