anyone remember the man who was killed in pops restaurant years ago?

Posted in the Wheelersburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
handyman

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Jul 26, 2009
it was like 1982?
Sad Mother aka JBLynn

Portsmouth, OH

#2 Jul 26, 2009
No but I do remember talk of a man named Angel (Last Name) was shot at pops in the 50's or 60's after a car race and was shot over title to a car or something like that I believe. The Angel man was a friend of my father.
handyman

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2009
ty for your comment..i didnt expect much comment as it was hushed up then.
hondaman 111

United States

#4 Jul 28, 2009
seems like tate lawson hit buck reinhart over the head with a ketchup bottle killing him ?
Sad Mother aka JBLynn

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Jul 28, 2009
Yes I do now remember part of what Tate done. My hubby was telling me the other night that it was a Lawson that hit someone but didn't rmember all details. I think Tate did serve some time for the crime but not enought. I will do some reserch to see what I find on it.
agree

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Jul 28, 2009
hondaman u r right...buck reinhard was my loved one and it still hurts
agree

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Jul 28, 2009
But my point of this post is to let him know that I do forgive him,as jesus commanded us to do. I do forgive but am sad for Bucks grandchildren who never got to meet him.
agree

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Jul 28, 2009
Lets please close this post,it is too painful and my intention isnt to bash but to say I forgive.
who cares

Richmond, KY

#9 Jul 30, 2009
agree wrote:
Lets please close this post,it is too painful and my intention isnt to bash but to say I forgive.
your a person to love and learn from. God bless you and all involved let this post faid as our wonderful sister wishes... love you my blessed sister!
Larry

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Jul 30, 2009
His last name was Reinhardt he has a son Mark
Ronald Wampler

Shelbyville, TN

#11 Oct 16, 2009
I belive it was in 1954. I Heard about it the day after it happened. The name he went by was Whitey. Whitey Angel raced his cousin from Pops to the old Pops place on Route 52. His cousin ran out of gas. So Whitey won. After a argument the cousin left and returned with a .22 rifle. He opened the front door, saw Whitey sitting in a booth that was next to the counter. He shot Whitey several times in the head.
Pookey

Springfield, KY

#12 Oct 18, 2009
Am i not correct?
Didnt Jim Vaughters go into pops to sell a gun and it accidently went of when he layed in down on the table killing a man? Jim did some time for it i beleive.
Ronald Wampler

Shelbyville, TN

#13 Oct 19, 2009
It in the Pool Hall (Luke's I think) behind the Melody Drive Inn. Not Pop's. Luke was hit in the back of the head. The bullet traveled to the front of the Skull, Luke blead to death. Jim Vaughters served 1 year in Ohio State Pen. It was 1951 or 1952.
Just listening

Ironton, OH

#14 Oct 23, 2009
Bud Cantrell killed an Angel man in the late 50's or 60's in Pops after a drag race. He spent 20 or more years in prison for that crime. Got out and lived the rest of his life in Franklin Furnace where he was from.
Green Fly

Springfield, KY

#15 Oct 23, 2009
It was as violent then as it is now i think except you didnt have so much drug users, jus hard nosed ole plowboys
ugiddy

AOL

#16 Nov 20, 2009
Sad Mother aka JBLynn wrote:
No but I do remember talk of a man named Angel (Last Name) was shot at pops in the 50's or 60's after a car race and was shot over title to a car or something like that I believe. The Angel man was a friend of my father.
That would have been Bud Cantrell that shot the man. Spent years in the pen. I think he has been dead now for years

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#17 Dec 1, 2009
ugiddy wrote:
<quoted text>That would have been Bud Cantrell that shot the man. Spent years in the pen. I think he has been dead now for years
Yes, he did 20 yrs exact for that crime...Bud died of throat cancer about 13 yrs ago...
Time for Change

Portsmouth, OH

#18 May 3, 2010
Mr. Lawson Murdered my Uncle Glen Caldwell at pop's resturant, on the day my cousin was born.
mooned

Richmond, KY

#19 May 3, 2010
I heard about the killings , but what I remember about pops was mooning people there...lol what happened to the good ole days....lol
Shellie Knight

United States

#20 May 4, 2010
I went to school with the son of Mr. Lawson and I believe they are a good family...I really think it was an accident... I remember my mom went to school with Mr. Lawson and it was said that it was just a fight that went wrong. I'm sure when he grabbed that ketchup bottle he wasn't expecting to take a life...that is such a sad situation for both families. sorry for your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheelersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcdonald's Wheelersburg (Feb '11) Wed whatthe 55
Scioto County Orphanage (Jan '09) Tue jennifer 81
good pastor/church Tue minfordresident 2
Keekee Stiltner (Gammon) Tue Manor live in 2
Dustin falls Mon Dog 10
any woman needing a hookup hit me up now Oct 26 I know 2
mike dixon molesting his children!!!! Oct 26 Bad boy 8
Wheelersburg Dating
Find my Match

Wheelersburg People Search