Wheelersburg Little League 2011
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Softball fan

United States

#167 Jan 24, 2013
Sara wasnt the only good pitcher, Haley Bradley is a good pitcher too, I watch all the kids play and just enjoy the games but those 2 were probably the best pitchers out of the 12 year old girls last year, keep up the good work girls!
Really

Zanesville, OH

#168 Jan 26, 2013
Softball fan, we have a lot of great softball players @ the burg, but apparently you didnt watch many of the games. The others teams we played were awful. As for pitchers Sara, Nikki and Maggie were the best pitchers.
Jenny Finch

Ray, OH

#169 Jan 26, 2013
Really wrote:
Softball fan, we have a lot of great softball players @ the burg, but apparently you didnt watch many of the games. The others teams we played were awful. As for pitchers Sara, Nikki and Maggie were the best pitchers.
Not really...Cindy and Mindy were clearly the best.
Softball fall

United States

#170 Jan 27, 2013
Well apparently u have no idea how old these girls are, Nikki isn't 12 and neither is Maggie, read the post "carefully" b4 u jump lol, it says out of the 12 year olds!!!
Really

Zanesville, OH

#171 Jan 28, 2013
You need to pay attention, Nikki and Maggie were 12 yr. olds last year. Sara and Haley were 11 yr. olds. When you classify and make statements, know your facts.
Softball fan

West Union, OH

#172 Jan 28, 2013
Well then if ur gonna be all snotty about it, Haley and Sara were the best pitches out of the "11" year olds!!! U sure can tell ur a burg parent and probably one of those girls parent
Really

Zanesville, OH

#173 Jan 28, 2013
Not a parent, just a fan!
Softball fan

United States

#174 Jan 29, 2013
Well I am a parent that has a child on the league and I do happen to think burg has a lot of talented players, my child does good, she's not the best and we are fine with that but when u look and see the same kids getting the glory all the time and u have a shy kid like Haley Bradley who pitches great, and from what I hear does it just for fun, how good could she possibly be if she had coaches helping her and giving her the encouragement that they give their own kids on the team, anyways I just see things differently I guess, if u see a kid has talent, help them grow and from what I've seen, she has the talent!!
Outraged parent

Leesburg, OH

#175 May 4, 2015
2015. Matt collier has officially single handedly ruined little league. Why did I have to pay to park for practice at my own little league field ? Why are these travel teams taking my own child's (weekend practice and game time/fields) for travel tourneys? Why wasn't I told at sign ups to find a travel team for my 2 children because burg little league would not play on the weekends because of travel teams taking our fields? I wasn't told I would be free on the weekends this year. I always told my ball players no to travel ball because I honored the face that they needed to represent their home school team and not miss games. Now as a working parent my husband and I are killing ourselves to meet all the games through the week because we can't spread them out over the weekend. When my kids join a travel team next year. Can their entire travel team be apart of little league. If so y are we making everyone around us (our competition) better? RIDICULOUSNESS!
Pope

Portsmouth, OH

#176 May 4, 2015
Outraged parent wrote:
2015. Matt collier has officially single handedly ruined little league. Why did I have to pay to park for practice at my own little league field ? Why are these travel teams taking my own child's (weekend practice and game time/fields) for travel tourneys? Why wasn't I told at sign ups to find a travel team for my 2 children because burg little league would not play on the weekends because of travel teams taking our fields? I wasn't told I would be free on the weekends this year. I always told my ball players no to travel ball because I honored the face that they needed to represent their home school team and not miss games. Now as a working parent my husband and I are killing ourselves to meet all the games through the week because we can't spread them out over the weekend. When my kids join a travel team next year. Can their entire travel team be apart of little league. If so y are we making everyone around us (our competition) better? RIDICULOUSNESS!
The guy is probably not even from the Burg. Just a transplant reliving his lost youth while ruining the true love of the game from some kid.
happyParent

Portsmouth, OH

#177 May 4, 2015
Outraged parent wrote:
First of all it was $5. Lol. Second of all you shouldn't have had a practice before 12 on Sunday because you need to be in church. The little league does not plan for coaches to schedule practice or play games on Sunday between the hours of 8am and noon. Sunday is a day of rest. Lol.
Matt collier is not the problem. People that bitch about spending $5 that benefit the little league are the problem. You should have your child play "travel ball" then you won't post anymore because there will be no "killing yourself" - you will be dead. Try paying $8 a day on the weekends per person in order to watch your child play in a travel ball tournament. And that is the norm for travel ball tournaments.
It's funny how people compliment how nice our ball park is. The fact that it is the best around. Well guess what... It is because people donate time, money, and take pride in our park. It's not because everything up there is free. And it definitely isn't because of people like you that bitch about spending $5 for parking. You should take your kid to another little league then you can bitch because the park sucks! You are clueless. So suck it.
The travel ball tournament was a huge success. I hope they have many more.
dr no

Portsmouth, OH

#178 May 4, 2015
Who do you know that gives a diddly about Burg softball! They're nothen Bub a bunch of snobs!
happyParent

Portsmouth, OH

#179 May 4, 2015
dr no wrote:
Who do you know that gives a diddly about Burg softball! They're nothen Bub a bunch of snobs!
You can suck it to. Your nothing but an idiot
happyParent

Portsmouth, OH

#180 May 6, 2015
Outraged parent wrote:
You know... I was really hoping for another response from Outraged Parent. To come on this forum and talk about how Matt Collier is ruining little league by allowing a tournament to be held at Gene Bennett ball park is ridiculous. charging $5 to park between the hours of 8am and noon on a freaking Sunday is about as reasonable as it gets.
I was up at the ball fields the whole weekend and I noticed that the group who organized and ran the tournament went above and beyond for the two days they used the ball fields. The park was just as clean on opening day prior to and after the weekend tournament ended. There wasn't a piece of garbage anywhere to be found. They cleaned the park before, during and after. They maintained the fields and left them in better shape than when they started. It was like having a cleaning lady visit the park. If we had a tournament every other weekend then watch out! Financially we could continue to make improvements which would benefit all the kids in the Wheelersburg community. Even the kids who have parents that bitch about paying $5 to park on Sunday morning. Not to mention the positive impact these tournaments would have on our community businesses.
So with that being said, I think that "outraged parent" needs to volunteer a couple Of more hours a week up at the ole ball field. The next time you are scrambling to get your kids to the ball park make sure you stop and smell the roses. On your way to you kids game or practice be sure to pick up the garbage that is laying on the ground. Better yet drag a few overflowing barrels of garbage out to the dumpster. Empty those barrels into the dumpster then drag them back to the spot you pulled them from. Watch them fill up in two days then do it all over again. Or.... Pay $5 to park and shut your mouth!
God bless America.:)
usetobriverrat

United States

#181 May 8, 2015
Matt isn't the only one.
Parent

Portsmouth, OH

#182 May 8, 2015
The complex looks great. Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheelersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caleb Brown really a perv ? 18 min your wos nite mare 4
rich people against the homeless 58 min Drunk man 12
Realtors r the scum of this planet (Jun '11) 1 hr Nlykins 82
Caleb Brown 2 hr Concerned 2
jennifer kortney calver 4 hr Chris 28
The Players Club 12 hr ZUES 5
concord nursing home (Feb '16) 13 hr Guess what 10

Wheelersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance