Does anyone know of Truth Tabernacle ...
Polly Pocket

Dayton, OH

#203 Aug 2, 2011
My Two Cents Worth wrote:
Just today, I was in one of the restaurants in Wheelersburg and very near me were three people and the subject of their conversation was this church and how they are treated and how unhappy they were. They were talking fairly loud and I was surprised at what was being said, as I did recognize one of the participants. I have heard so many things that shocked me about this Church over the years. I personally did attend this Church on one occasion and from that one service I could not tell anything was unusual was going on. I do attend another Church in Wheelersburg. The only thing I have to say is that if you are unhappy, go elsewhere. If you stay and be a part of something you do not agree with.........do not complain. May God Bless You All!
Agreed.:)
In defense ministry

Elgin, TX

#204 Aug 2, 2011
Well im not from there but have been to the church several times, have spoken to pastor davis in person, in phone conversation, there im da burg and away from there. And its fascinating the trash people bring against a man of God. I will be short since ashley davis done set the record straight in march. But the bible says to touch not his anointed... Any man God calls, notice i said God calls, is
His and no matter what any of you say God will be his defense. A few examples of God defending ministry against mocking and such, in kings when jeraboam stretched hand against yng prophet and God caused it to withrr until he prayed, or in kings also when children mocked elisha and two bears God sent devoured mny of them. Lets me just say it like this in closing, speak on and tear him down but pastor davis has a stronger power than u have, and god gave us power over all of witchcraft, false doctrine, devils and nothing by any mean will hurt us, no weapon formed against us will prosper!! Even peoples deadly tounges! God bless!
Polly Pocket

Dayton, OH

#205 Aug 3, 2011
In defense ministry wrote:
Well im not from there but have been to the church several times, have spoken to pastor davis in person, in phone conversation, there im da burg and away from there. And its fascinating the trash people bring against a man of God. I will be short since ashley davis done set the record straight in march. But the bible says to touch not his anointed... Any man God calls, notice i said God calls, is
His and no matter what any of you say God will be his defense. A few examples of God defending ministry against mocking and such, in kings when jeraboam stretched hand against yng prophet and God caused it to withrr until he prayed, or in kings also when children mocked elisha and two bears God sent devoured mny of them. Lets me just say it like this in closing, speak on and tear him down but pastor davis has a stronger power than u have, and god gave us power over all of witchcraft, false doctrine, devils and nothing by any mean will hurt us, no weapon formed against us will prosper!! Even peoples deadly tounges! God bless!
Honestly I think this forum is a good thing. I don't know that is was anyone's malishious intent to "tear down the man of god" there have defiantly be rude and condescending comments from BOTH sides.... I think it's a good way for the church to clear up misunderstanding that people might have.... Very successful businesses use this method all the time... It's called reviews. Not all the feedback they receive is positive but just it gives them the chance to resolve the misunderstanding or simply make a bad situation right. Just like this "baby story" I seriously doubt it happened the way it was originally told. I grew up in that church and heard ALOT of things I disagreed with but NEVER heard anything like that! Instead of taking the high road and setting the record straight it still remains a mystery about what happened... Someone said it did not happen and threw some harsh words out there to people but never set the record straight. I think that you are looking at this in a very negative fashion ... Like everyone has rude nasty things to say and all they want to do is tare the church down and walk all over the minister and is family. Did you ever Think that people might just be curious and would like to hear the true story about some of the issues that have been brought up here?
polly pocket

Loveland, OH

#206 Aug 3, 2011
Polly Pocket wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Threatening people, seriously?!? I also HIGHLY doubt your stats claiming TT (truth tabernacle) to be the largest church in the area... I was born an raised in the area and the church... There are ALOT of big churches in Portsmouth and Wheelersburg alone... I would like to see those stats. As far as UPC is concerned.... I have NEVER found two UPC churches the same... Alot of times they even dont associate with eachother because the stricter churches dont want to hang with the ones who dont "have as high of standards" I am sorry but I am not seeing that what you are saying is true... feel free to elaborate or provide the facts :)
I'm sure the Truth Tabernacle is not in the top 10 church memberships in scioto county. I'm also not shocked that the UPC churches have issues associating with one another. Shocking how the so call christians in the same organizations cannot get along. We have such higher standards, can't wait for the Truth Tabernacle members to explain that to God!! And who told then not to hang with another church... The Man of God!!! WOW!!! Think for yourself have a relationship with god yourself. What a great example you are for christians. The best teachers model... behavior, kindness, acceptance of others, being a christian. A man of god does not live above his congregation!!!!
polly pocket

Loveland, OH

#207 Aug 3, 2011
OkE wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree they are defiantly like that... A lot of parents even stop communication with their children over them not attending there.... I have even known some of them to tell there kids to move out if they did not want to "obey Paster davis's rules. They are nice till you do not want to be a member
And why does Mr. Davis have to have rules?? He is no pastor. Are the members so stupid they cannot make decisions for themselves or their families?? He tells you how to treat your children. and has rules!!! That is a cult!!! Parents make decisions for their children. Very controlling!!!!!
Polly Pocket

Dayton, OH

#208 Aug 3, 2011
polly pocket wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Truth Tabernacle is not in the top 10 church memberships in scioto county. I'm also not shocked that the UPC churches have issues associating with one another. Shocking how the so call christians in the same organizations cannot get along. We have such higher standards, can't wait for the Truth Tabernacle members to explain that to God!! And who told then not to hang with another church... The Man of God!!! WOW!!! Think for yourself have a relationship with god yourself. What a great example you are for christians. The best teachers model... behavior, kindness, acceptance of others, being a christian. A man of god does not live above his congregation!!!!
Just for clarification. This post was not by me the Polly Pocket who has been posting.... I am not sure why they would use the same screen name that I was using but without Caps!?!! But I do not agree with this post and do not want the be associated with such a rude post. Even though i choose not to attend that church my posts will remain respectful and i would appreciate the same kindness and respect from others. Thanks :)
bogus

Portsmouth, OH

#209 Aug 3, 2011
Hey polly pocket seems to me you my dear are def. stirring up the pot!! Backsliders are always the ones that like to wag their tongues!Why dont u post your real name?
Polly Pocket

Dayton, OH

#210 Aug 3, 2011
bogus wrote:
Hey polly pocket seems to me you my dear are def. stirring up the pot!! Backsliders are always the ones that like to wag their tongues!Why dont u post your real name?
What is wrong with me posting just as you and everyone else has on here? It's not like I started the thread or have even disrespectful? What is your problem with me? How is posting on an active thread stirring the pot? Unless you are talking about the "new Polly Pocket?" whoever you are speaking to... I don't have a problem giving my name I am not ashamed of anything I have said.... But that I kind of the point of a screen name... You have one as well....
Polly Pocket

Dayton, OH

#211 Aug 3, 2011
polly pocket wrote:
<quoted text>
And why does Mr. Davis have to have rules?? He is no pastor. Are the members so stupid they cannot make decisions for themselves or their families?? He tells you how to treat your children. and has rules!!! That is a cult!!! Parents make decisions for their children. Very controlling!!!!!
Umm.... This one was not me either! Lol. Ok. I am going to post with a new screen name. I don't want to be associated with this... This is definitely not the way that I conduct myself.:{
Just Wondering

Loveland, OH

#212 Aug 4, 2011
My Two Cents Worth wrote:
Just today, I was in one of the restaurants in Wheelersburg and very near me were three people and the subject of their conversation was this church and how they are treated and how unhappy they were. They were talking fairly loud and I was surprised at what was being said, as I did recognize one of the participants. I have heard so many things that shocked me about this Church over the years. I personally did attend this Church on one occasion and from that one service I could not tell anything was unusual was going on. I do attend another Church in Wheelersburg. The only thing I have to say is that if you are unhappy, go elsewhere.If you stay and be a part of something you do not agree with.........do not complain. May God Bless You All!
I agree, if you are not happy try another church. The problem is when you have a family member that attends the church the relationship changes. God and christianity should enhance your life. This church and the rules change people and judgements become part life. You would think love and light would be first when becoming a christian. I have seen true christians and you can see the faith of God in them.
Brother

Loveland, OH

#213 Aug 4, 2011
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, if you are not happy try another church. The problem is when you have a family member that attends the church the relationship changes. God and christianity should enhance your life. This church and the rules change people and judgements become part life. You would think love and light would be first when becoming a christian. I have seen true christians and you can see the faith of God in them.
Agreed
Ashley Davis-Cooper

Santa Rita, Guam

#214 Aug 4, 2011
I can read through these post and can put names on almost 50% or more of these screen names. Im not going to tear down any individuals or redicule. The church stands for itself. I have a biased opinion, I know, but some of the comments posted on here by previous church members bothers me very deeply. Some who have posted, we, the church as a whole, have helped you and your family with Christmas presents, paid your utilities, car maintenance, etc. I guess I just dont understand how you could hate the people who helped you out for years. I know personally that my family helped out a lot financially to families that were in need and MY family did without so you could have a normal life. I just don't understand this....
bogus

Portsmouth, OH

#215 Aug 4, 2011
Ya know its like this every church in america has problems and thats just the way it is!!! So these people on here bashing preachers you better be careful you might make God angry!!It is very simple if you dont like it at this local church you dont have to go! There is plenty of churches of your choice! FIND ONE!
Ashley Davis-Cooper

Santa Rita, Guam

#216 Aug 4, 2011
Also, I love the person who said that they had to go to the Christian school. That is a parental choice. If your parents made you go, then thats an issue that you should take up with them, not say that its the church who MAKES you go. We have several families who send their children to the public school system and some who choose homeschooling. Plus, if you went to christian school, your parents paid to send you there. Furthermore, to those who may be curious what type of educational material we use, its a Baptist based curriculum out of Texas. We are a fully accredidated school and it is closed-enrollment.
bogus

Portsmouth, OH

#217 Aug 4, 2011
Polly Pocket wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I think this forum is a good thing. I don't know that is was anyone's malishious intent to "tear down the man of god" there have defiantly be rude and condescending comments from BOTH sides.... I think it's a good way for the church to clear up misunderstanding that people might have.... Very successful businesses use this method all the time... It's called reviews. Not all the feedback they receive is positive but just it gives them the chance to resolve the misunderstanding or simply make a bad situation right. Just like this "baby story" I seriously doubt it happened the way it was originally told. I grew up in that church and heard ALOT of things I disagreed with but NEVER heard anything like that! Instead of taking the high road and setting the record straight it still remains a mystery about what happened... Someone said it did not happen and threw some harsh words out there to people but never set the record straight. I think that you are looking at this in a very negative fashion ... Like everyone has rude nasty things to say and all they want to do is tare the church down and walk all over the minister and is family. Did you ever Think that people might just be curious and would like to hear the true story about some of the issues that have been brought up here?
Its none of your business!

Since: Aug 11

Dayton, OH

#218 Aug 4, 2011
bogus wrote:
<quoted text>Its none of your business!
Well, when you answer a question like that I guess you can't complain about there being mid information because you could have cleared it up right then and there...

Dayton, OH

#219 Aug 4, 2011
bogus wrote:
<quoted text>Its none of your business!
**mis-information

Dayton, OH

#220 Aug 4, 2011
Ashley Davis-Cooper wrote:
Also, I love the person who said that they had to go to the Christian school. That is a parental choice. If your parents made you go, then thats an issue that you should take up with them, not say that its the church who MAKES you go. We have several families who send their children to the public school system and some who choose homeschooling. Plus, if you went to christian school, your parents paid to send you there. Furthermore, to those who may be curious what type of educational material we use, its a Baptist based curriculum out of Texas. We are a fully accredidated school and it is closed-enrollment.
That is true. It is the parents choice. A very small percentage go to public schools. The vast majority attend the christain school or homeschool. I went to the christain school, was home schooled, was in a public school and went to college while attending Truth Tabernacl. Although you can get "kicked out" of the christain school my not abiding by the church rules. Which if that happens, can seriously mess up your credits and cause a delay in graduation.

Dayton, OH

#221 Aug 4, 2011
Ok. So my whole post did not make it and it was really long so I am not about to type it out again :) the brass tax of it was I kind of understand both sides. I understand how as a child you can feel very "trapped" or forced with those kinds of guidelines. When you are not old enough to make basic decisions for yourself like "living a normal life" or going to prom... Dating.. Etc. But as Ashley mentioned it is the parents who sign them up and most of the time pay for them to attend (the Christian School does give scholarships to some on need) Everyone also knows all the rules when they sign up.

I also want to point out that the purpose of my posts were to set some facts straight that had been posted wrong on both ends. I have been non argumentative and "went to bat" for both sides. Obscure religions are interesting, I understand why people are interested about the topic... And when people talk about situations they dont know much about then rumors easily start... It's so much easier to just provide the facts instead of being mad that people are curious!

My experience obviously was not a pleasant one... being that I no longer attend there. That's does not mean I hate the place or hate the Davis family. There are obviously people who enjoy it. It's just something that you will have to experience for yourself and then decide :)

(from the pervious Polly Pocket)

Dayton, OH

#222 Aug 4, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
mr nickles are you related to jackie nickles?
This is her :) why do you ask?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wheelersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Demetrius johnson 40 min Really 16
PAT'S 4th of JULY celebration this SATURDAY!!!!... 3 hr blank girl 7
Can you get a GED online?? 5 hr Mrkoco 6
liz 7 hr Forrealz 18
Lisa 9 hr peace keeper 2
wreck 140 14 hr reply 3
Haverhill Chemicals closing Jul 2 too obvious 9
More from around the web

Wheelersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE