United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

i think it is an apostolic church, but thats all i know about it.

The BEST church in the burg is Cornerstone Nazarene across from lowes. They have a very contemporary service with good music and great worship. you should check them out on sunday mornings at 10:30am http://www.cornerstonenazarene.com/
lol

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

if you mean the church across from skatelan DO NOT GO THERE t hat place is a CULT and should be burnt down
Burg guy

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

another good churchin burg is Wheelersburg Baptist. I attended this church for a year before I stopped going to church. They were a wonderful group of people that care about the people that attend. My family couldn't afford to send me to church camp so the church paid for it and gave me spending money for the week I was there. Also the youth program did wonderful things that the church helped for for me being able to attend like Reds baseball games, Trips to Cedar Point, and so on.
iknowy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2010

Judged:

Not So Sure wrote:
I've known ppl who have went there...I've heard some not so nice things about it. Like putting people on the spot during service if you haven't or were late paying your tithes (thats sad) Shouldn't cost a penny to go to church. These days ppl around here don't have extra or spare change to give. Then all the brainwashing...like if you don't dress a certain way, or women cut there hair, or wear make-up, have tv and such then your soul is going straight to the devil. I heard also that the pastor couples the young teens to his liking...like he's going to pick out my future spouse on HIS preference. I don't know. Seems more likes the power or controlling his "flock". Might want to try the church upon the hill behind skatelan. But remember this is just one point of view...the rest is up to you.
I have heard this as well, but cant confirm its truth (too scared to go try it!). and the church upon the hill: http://www.cornerstonenazarene.com/ YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!
Scarry

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

That place is terrible!
Very controlling and judgemental...they do not like anyone who is "different" Like color,sexual preference, choice of music and movies..
I think it needs investigated..
CHRISTINA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

YOU HAVE KNOW I DEAL WHAT YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT "GOD SENT" YOU MESS WITH GODS PPL AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF IT! WE WONT HAVE TO SAY ANYMORE
gdm

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

My kids go there and they love it. The people are so nice.They have never judged my kids for being more worldly than they are. They are very supportive and understanding..especially of lower income familys. They are not controling. They teach the kids about Jesus and thats what they go for.
lol

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

if you love your kids you will not send them back to that cult they hae brainwashed your children. GET THEM OUT NOW
Geeeez

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

lol wrote:
if you love your kids you will not send them back to that cult they hae brainwashed your children. GET THEM OUT NOW
I agree,,I have seen the mess they cause by brainwashing these kids..It should be illegal!
I am sure Jesus is not impressed with what they are saying about him either..
They are nice but they are also robots! walking around in their denim skirts and long hair,,no makeup..looking like they belong on a prairie somewhere,not in the real world..Its very sad for the kids.
TEE

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

half of the ppl that are judging that church, probably don't even go to church!!!!!!!!!! And if u do, u should be very ashamed. B/c if u go to church then u would know that u should'nt talk of gods ppl. U try 2 speak against gods children, and u should expect him 2 defend his children. I would watch out if i were u.He takes care of the wicked that try to come against what is his. Read ur bible. It's all in there. But, u already know all of this,right?
lol

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

those peoples are not gods people that is the point.A woman that is a member of that church was a manager at a fast food place in burg. she would bring in her children late at night and have them work the youngest was about 8 or 9 and would have her sweeping and mopping the floors around the hot grill. She also got me fired for somethng that took place in my home. me and a co-worker was at my appartment joking about her saying wouldn't it be funny if someone spraypainted 666 on the side of her car. The next day when I went to work word got out about this and I was let go because of it.

Another member of this church is the manager of an appartment complex for the most part she is nice but is very sneaky and backstabbing. Her own neice lived in the appartment behind her she had 2 children. and She was forced out of the complex by the manager for her kids making to much noise. Granted living in close proximity sucks and people do need to respect others but children under the age of 12 do get loud and she knew this if she didnt want children living in these appartments she needs to make it an adult only complex she already has old women sitting outside watching everything that goes on and has them report what they see to her
Gag

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

I get a bad vibe driving by the place, I feel the girls and women are oppressed and abused.
It scares me.
clueless

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Why do those people make the women wear skirts and not take care of their hair and stuff while the dudes do as they please? I bet those women don't even shave their coochies. If you don't shave ur cooch then that is against my religion.
Gag

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Its just so confining there..the men have it made,the Mom and all the little girls follow behind him kind of cult like..
The poor kids are made to feel like they are bad from birth,,they are never given a chance to form their own opinions.
go_bucks

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

i actually went and visited this church after i posted this forum and i believe the criticism that has been posted is definitely wrong.

i've spoken with the pastor and several of the members of this church. they are very normal and definitely do not fit the mold of the "cult" that has been posted several times on this discussion. the pastor is very sincere and you can tell he really loves every one of the memebers of his congregation.

from what i seen on my visit, these people truly have a love for God and everything in their life is completely saturated by a desire to do what God would ask them to do. they do show a lot of outward worship and really sing a lot, but you can tell what they do is from their heart. i don't see how their worship could ever been taken as if they are evil people or if they are dictated people (i.e. and occult). i can't say this about my visits to other church in the locale. i truly felt God at this church.

if you point an accusing finger at this church, there can be only a few things i can think that would make you voice a statement as harsh and judgemental as you have posted. 1.) you have never visited this church 2.) you are jealous and/or envious that you cannot live a lifestyle that these people choose to live 3.) definitely do not go to church and/or are completely agnostic in your beliefs 4.) you are basing your opinions on rumors. id say that those of you (and you know who you are) that have totally bashed this place fit into one of the categories that i have listed.

in an overall opinion, this is a great church and you can definitely find God there. im just regretful there are not more places like this available where i live.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

go_bucks keep going you will change your tune after you truely get to know them trust me.
Scarry

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

lol wrote:
go_bucks keep going you will change your tune after you truely get to know them trust me.
Yes you really will..I know of 5 people who have left there, they are all messed up.
1 was a family of 4 and 1 single man..
mom

Minford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

GOD IS GOOD TO THOSE THAT SERVER HIM! GOD IS THE KEY WORD ! GOD BLESS YOU
somegirl

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

that church is GREAT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Wheelersburg Forum right now

Search the Wheelersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Old Guy 29,192
Mike Auto Sales (Mar '11) 3 hr potential customer 48
Fred's Pizza 5 hr ? 28
line jumpers 6 hr clueless 23
Lost contact with friend 18 hr lookingforafriend 21
Pizza Hut mngr w/high school jr 21 hr Jodi 10
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Thu not 2,214
•••
•••
•••
Wheelersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters