Authorities let go of body, but not of boy's life

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The detectives and the coroner will gather in the baby section of a Wheaton cemetery Monday to bury their nameless son.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kim

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This reminds me of a 1980s case in Nebraska, where a little boy, clad in blue pajamas, was found dead in a ditch on Christmas Eve near the small town of Chester. They named him Little Boy Blue. Several years later, they identified his father, a drifter, who said the boy, Danny Joe Eberle, died of natural causes and he just dumped the body. There was reason for suspicion but no hard evidence. The father was imprisoned for some other reason, and within the past couple of years, he died.

It took a lot of police work, but Danny Joe was finally identified and the people of Chester treated him with dignity and kindness, just as this police department has done.
MomofTwo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This story is so incredibly sad. Peace to you, little angel as you are laid to rest.
kraus r m

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

I am sure that this innocent child is not lost forever, that he is with the angels in paradise. May he rest in peace.
irfan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This have moved me so much. And reminds me a passage from Quran that talks about such crimes that will not go unpunished on the day of juedgement. Talking about Arabs pratice of killing their female, sometimes burried alive: "...and when the burried alive girl will ask for what sin she was slain"

One day, this nameless boy will hold the killer accountable!
Mom of six

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This little boy has been adopted by so many more outside the police department...I wish we could be there for the burial. I so wanted to bring my children for him...he could be my son. He looks like my youngest. This is so just so sad. His human family won't forget him. May he rest in peace.

EMR

Since: Sep 07

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This breaks my heart. If the family didn't want him, why not let someone else adopt him? Of course, I am assuming they didn't want him and that he died at their hands. Still, I would have taken him and loved him as my own.
LetzzLuv

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

This story is so beautifully written, and makes me so sad. These officers, the Coroner, and everyone else who has spent countless hours trying to identify him, should be commended for their dedication, their love, and compassion for this little angel pie. I only pray, that God will send someone to say Good-bye, and tell his name, for all to know. They say maybe he died accidentally, and his family was afraid to come forward, it's time for fear to go away; it's time for you to do the right thing; step up, step forward, and give him his name back--his dignity--it's the least you can do, it's the right thing to do...just tell us who he was in life...please.
There are so many sites out there that have him profiled: missingkids.com , AMW, illinoismissing.com , doenetwork.org , rachelfind.com ...the county coroner, and of course the DuPage Sheriff's office
Bless you all for loving him, I know he is smiling that big happy grin at all of you, and saying thank-you, as a child would.
IllinoisMissing

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2007

Judged:

I didn't think I could cry anymore after spending the weekend with the youtube video produced by a Doe Network member...but Mary's wonderful article opened the waterworks once again. Thank you, Mary.

www.illinoismissing.blogspot.com
Susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2007

Judged:

A 3-4 year old wearing 2T clothing: probably malnourished and abused prior to dying. What a sad, sad life for a beautiful little boy.
Suzie

Highland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

Judged:

This article really made me think about the kind of person I should be. I'm eleven so when I heard this story i felt terribly sad for the little boy, and wondered how it would feel not to have the family I have. This story makes me feel greatful for the many things we take for granted. Moms, Dads, sisters, brothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins are all people we are lucky to have in our life and this story reminded me of that.
So sad

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

Judged:

Where is the cemetary? My kids and I want to go bring flowers etc...

SUCH a tragedy! This was obviously some one's child.
Tracy in Omaha

Bellevue, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2008

Judged:

Kim wrote:
This reminds me of a 1980s case in Nebraska, where a little boy, clad in blue pajamas, was found dead in a ditch on Christmas Eve near the small town of Chester. They named him Little Boy Blue. Several years later, they identified his father, a drifter, who said the boy, Danny Joe Eberle, died of natural causes and he just dumped the body. There was reason for suspicion but no hard evidence. The father was imprisoned for some other reason, and within the past couple of years, he died.
It took a lot of police work, but Danny Joe was finally identified and the people of Chester treated him with dignity and kindness, just as this police department has done.
Danny Joe Eberle was not Little Boy Blue. Danny Joe Eberle is the boy from Bellevue, Nebraska who was kidnapped and murdered by John Joubert.
DONNA

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Judged:

Dont forget this little guy. God bless him and I hope that even though time has passed, they will find the monster that did this.
robert

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2009

Kim wrote:
You have no clue what you are talking about.
Danny Joe Eberle was a thirteen year old newspaper boy stabbed to death and left in a field by John Joubert and has nothing to do with Boy Blue.
Mindy

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

This posting has two stories from Nebraska mixed up. The story of Little Boy Blue was not about Danny Joe Eberle. He was from Bellevue, NE and his murderer was John Joubert.
Vonda

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

"Little Boy Blue" was named Danny Stutzman. Danny Joe Eberle was a victim of serial killer John Joubert. Get your facts straight, please.
Tears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

May he rest in peace.My condolances go out to the families.
Mom lessons for sale

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

So sad wrote:
Where is the cemetary? My kids and I want to go bring flowers etc...
SUCH a tragedy! This was obviously some one's child.
Let your children enjoy life. Do not take them to a cemetary to be a part of this. What's wrong with you? You obviously have some derranged mentality that this is remotely a good idea for your kids to witness.

Your children will have plenty of time to wonder about and hopefully not witness death in their lifetime. If you were a parent that truly loved your children, you would just simply call them into your living room or room of the house that everyone likes to be in and you would just hug your children "for mo reason" you could tell them and then tell them you love them.

You sound like a horrible parent that needs help in the worst way.

Please get help or put your children up for adoption as I sense a creepiness in your post that you are one of those bizarre housewives that will snap someday while your husband is out working to support you and you might just kill your children because you are so fascinated with death.

Get help. Give up your children that you clearly cannot parent on your own. Or kill yourself.

Good luck with life nutjob.
Mom lessons for sale

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Mom of six wrote:
This little boy has been adopted by so many more outside the police department...I wish we could be there for the burial. I so wanted to bring my children for him...he could be my son. He looks like my youngest. This is so just so sad. His human family won't forget him. May he rest in peace.
lady... You have way too many kids. Stay off the forums and get a job to support your selfish mess you made.
DO something for the world instead of taking from it continually. Maybe f*ck a little less and work a little more...
"six kids" = disgusting.
get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

shut the fu** up!!!get a fu**** life you POS!!!Leave these people alone-go to hell bi***

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Wheaton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wheaton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••