Father Questions Why Police Shoot Tee...

Father Questions Why Police Shoot Teenage Son

There are 13 comments on the KWTX story from Feb 15, 2007, titled Father Questions Why Police Shoot Teenage Son. In it, KWTX reports that:

The father of a Coastal Plain teen fatally shot by police during a drug search contends the shooting was unprovoked.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWTX.

Jerome

Houston, TX

#1 Feb 19, 2007
Is anybody questioning why the dad allowed or participated in drug dealing from his home thereby exposing himself and his family to unnecessary risks? Yes it was a tragedy that this young man lost his life in such a manner and the person responsible must face what justice is deemed correct by his peers, but hey "dad" you got alot of the responsibility for this squarely on your shoulders too.
Julie Arellano

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2007
To whoever Jerome is first you dont know anything about this story but what they told you in the newspaper. There were no drugs found in the house. I am a girlfriend of one of dannys closest homeboys and there were not once drugs sold through that house. There is no justice in what the police did all that came out of the whole bust was losing a very good person. From what my boyfriend says danny was a very good boy and my heart goes out to all the Castillio family and friends.
Selene

Zephyrhills, FL

#3 Feb 21, 2007
I know the story cause i studied it... IN all the storys the r saying that he pulled a gun,but how would he pull a gun if he barley got up from sleeping????THats wat i dotn get...pluse even if he did she police offecer should of never shot him.He couls a least pulleda taser gun on him!!!!

THERE IS NO JUSTICE ANYMORE!!!!!
Amanda

Austin, TX

#4 Feb 23, 2007
i agree with julie! iam the ex girlfriend of danny n there was never any drug dealing i should know he was my best friend! so jerome u got tha facts wrong so please dont say anything like that again
Jerome

Houston, TX

#5 Feb 23, 2007
Amanda wrote:
i agree with julie! iam the ex girlfriend of danny n there was never any drug dealing i should know he was my best friend! so jerome u got tha facts wrong so please dont say anything like that again
OK, so the police planted the drugs, planted the knife, etc etc etc.......... And the DPS AND the Texas Rangers winked at the police and said OK. I am not saying or claiming to know that the shooting was justified, AT ALL, time will tell on that one. There WERE drugs found at the house according to police and DA reports so they must have been planted?
Jerome

Houston, TX

#6 Feb 23, 2007
Selene wrote:
I know the story cause i studied it... IN all the storys the r saying that he pulled a gun,but how would he pull a gun if he barley got up from sleeping????THats wat i dotn get...pluse even if he did she police offecer should of never shot him.He couls a least pulleda taser gun on him!!!!
THERE IS NO JUSTICE ANYMORE!!!!!
Must not have studied too hard, I have yet to see a single story or claim that he had a gun.
ploot

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2007
ok jerome i now junior, hes like a cousin to me. an i was trying to get him into the army. he wasnt a trouble maker an knows better than to go against a cop with a gun. at least 40% of the cops in wharton are crooked. an there in this drug trade shit. faulks hated everyone from that side of town since he started his career. hes been trying to get at us for a while. he found a way an decide he might as well cause some major damage. i hope he rotts in hell for what he did to my lil hommie. justice will be served.
Amanda

Austin, TX

#8 Mar 5, 2007
Jerome- terminator's son is tha biggest drug head in wharton...and he says he got the drugs from the castillo's...now don't u think that is a bit suspicious? u don't have ur facts straight! there was no drugs in the house i think i would know because i was there all the time! i use to date him for a long time and he is one of my best friends! and not once did i ever in the 3 years that i dated him see drugs being used or anything! and trust me if there was drugs i would have known! so get ur facts straight because ur trying to make it seem like danny is tha bada guy...but which he's not!
--manda!
Kathy

Roxboro, NC

#9 Apr 5, 2007
Jerome wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so the police planted the drugs, planted the knife, etc etc etc.......... And the DPS AND the Texas Rangers winked at the police and said OK. I am not saying or claiming to know that the shooting was justified, AT ALL, time will tell on that one. There WERE drugs found at the house according to police and DA reports so they must have been planted?
Just found this discussion, so I'm late in responding. They found marijuana residue in the house and less than an ounce of cocaine in a truck belonging to someone else outside of the house. Look up "less than an ounce" and tell me if it was worth the life of a young man. Also, DAnny's father was not a drug dealer and there was no drug dealing activity going on outside the house. The knife they found was found BLADE LOCKED DOWN in a closet near Danny's body that had the DOOR CLOSED. Please do some more research before you rush to judgement. Move to Wharton. You will see what life is like there. Its like the days before segregation with the good ole boys in their cowboy hats and boots running and their buddies running the entire city. If you know someone, you can get away with murder. Just as Dan Falks has.
Robert

United States

#10 Sep 7, 2007
the father didn't allow that to go on at the house, cause he raised his kids better than that. Cops are saying they found drugs there were no drugs what so ever on the scene this is just unjustified manner for what there doing.
Robert

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2007
all I have to say is that jerome you better get your information right cause you talking down on my homeboy and i don't appreciate that and to my home girl I don't know why it's ayn palma desert but im from Wharton Texas "War_town" and plus you talking mess to my homegirl amanda. Fuc^bk what you heard it's wat u know.
LDK

Export, PA

#12 Oct 4, 2007
I also know Danny and his family. Because I grew up in that same neighborhood. They was always drug dealing going on there and the one's taht were arrested were also known for their dealings. Danny was a troubled but he was making good with his life. It is unfortunate what happened. I always like the kid but he did have an attitude that he did try to control. You are a victim of your enviroment if you don't get away from it and that's what hapened to Danny God Bless His Soul.
Garrett

Pittsford, NY

#13 Nov 6, 2007
I think police should think before going in guns drawn ready to shoot any thing that moves in there sight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wharton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is wrong with the Bartos family? Aug 15 Karen 1
Massage in EC? Jun '17 Joe 1
meetup groups Jun '17 smile 1
Ecms May '17 Seymor b 1
Best teacher milfs azz May '17 God of thunder 2
Looking for 14u pitcher for Texas Shockwave May '17 txsw 1
Christene schoener (Jan '17) May '17 Uranus 2

Wharton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance