Family hires lawyer after son killed by Denville cop

Jun 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asbury Park Press

The family of the 2005 Morris Knolls High School graduate shot and killed by a Denville police officer after a traffic stop retained an attorney on Friday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
March

Denville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

This is OUTRAGOUSE I am so sorry
Johnny Teabags

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

When have you EVER heard of a cop firing five times and hitting EVERY TIME? He had to be firing at point-blank range.

This kid had a job, no police record and no reason to run, unless the cop gave him a reason. Maybe accusing him of being illegal and threatening to rape him? It wouldn't surprise me if this cop was a thug.

The victim was 140 pounds, which is tiny, and earlier stories state the cop was IN the car at some point. Why? Looking for a BJ?

I hope the family makes them pay.
denville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

youre not even from this area, therefore you have no right to blame this all on the cop. he has been on the force for over 13 years and did what needed to be done. I also knew the person who unfortunately was killed and he was a good guy, but this situation was a life or death one for the cop. what would you choose? getting killed by someone running you over, or saving your life?
Johnny Teabags

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

denville wrote:
youre not even from this area, therefore you have no right to blame this all on the cop. he has been on the force for over 13 years and did what needed to be done. I also knew the person who unfortunately was killed and he was a good guy, but this situation was a life or death one for the cop. what would you choose? getting killed by someone running you over, or saving your life?
So you're going to stick with the story that, as he was being run over, he managed to fire five shots that all hit the driver? Yes, the official story from the prosecutor's office is he fired five shots, and all five hit the guy.

I know cops standing in a firing range under calm conditions that can't do that. This cop is either more of a supercop than the character Mel Gibson played in "Lethal Weapon," or the story the cop gave is horseshit.
marie demaio

Freehold, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

The cop should be shot. Heis full of shit i hope the family sues the cop and the town of denville, and it doesnt matter where you live for the ignorant person from wharton
Doug

Cambridge, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2008

Judged:

I lived in that sewer state for many years and unfortunately this is not an unusual story. If you so much as rev your engine too loudly at a traffic stop in NJ you run the risk of getting your brains blown out. And all this pansy cop has to do is say he "feared for his life" and nothing will happen to him. He'll probably get a commendation for bravery at one of their awards ceremonies they'll always throwing for themselves. Thanks to nepotism and cronyism every police dept.in NJ is corrupt as the day is long and is staffed by a bunch of rowdy beer swilling, trigger happy, lying goons.
marie

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

I totally agree with Doug. This is a police state that sits around like pansy's waiting for the speeder on their way to work.
jtl23

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

these are some of the most ignorant irresponsible comments I have ever seen.
Doug

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

^^Related to a corrupt NJ cop.
Johnny Teabags

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

No, Doug, he *IS* a corrup NJ cop.
kyle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

the cop is right in this i went to school with this kid and he was a thug he wanted to drink and drive and do drugs.he also loved to talk about how he ran from the cops and how he was so proud of the tickets he got.just look at his myspace it shows it all u dont even need to know him to see he was a trouble maker
We Know Better

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

I saw a file on this cop, and it turns out he had 63 complaints for brutality and had been suspended for sex with suspects--both women AND men--in exchange for "leniency."

It's beginning to make sense why this cop was in the car with this little kid before shooting him five times in the chest at point blank range. I hear the kid was nearly cut in half, and the cop only stopped shooting when he got too much blood in his eyes.

That shoulder "injury"? He got it earlier in the night giving a "reach-around."
Kathy

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

We Know Better - you are sick and clueless. You are also a liar. Everything you wrote is a lie. The cop went to work to do his job. Do you have a job? You know nothing about the case and think that it is something to joke about. Two lives were ruined that day.
We Know Better

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

And YOU know, Kathy???

Didn't think so...
jane

Englishtown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

This is just another incident of New Jersey turning into an aggressive police state. It is true that Martinez should have stopped his car and should have obeyed the officer. But Martinez was breaking the law when he sped off, not threatening the police officer’s life. Resisting arrest is a crime, but it is not worthy of the death penalty. There were a few early reports that Martinez may have dragged the officer with his car, however Morris County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi would not comment on whether or not the police officer was dragged. When asked whether the shooting was justified Bianchi also had no comment.

Laughinggg

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

All the cop apologists refuse to discuss one thing: How did this cop, running from a car driving toward him (or being dragged, or whatever), manage to fire five times and hit the kid ALL FIVE TIMES???

This doesn't even happen in movies--at least, for some semblance of believability, Hollywood lets the "supercop" star of the film miss once or twice while shooting at the fleeing suspect.

Here's what happened--the cop pulled over a dark skinned kid driving a nice sports car, questioned him as to whether he was an illegal, then freaked and fired five times at point blank range when the kid twitched.

That leaves the one detail that bothers me--what was the cop doing INSIDE the car at some point? Was he "cruising" in his cruiser? Did the kid get pulled over by a sexual predator, and then panicked and fled only to be hunted down and murdered?

I guess we'll wait for the investigation to figure this all out.
Laughinggg

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Judged:

One other thing...what veteran of the force does overnights? Unless he's hard up for money, or defective in some way, he should either be doing the day shift, or at least the 4-12. What's up with that?
God Bless

Monroe Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2008

Laughinggg wrote:
One other thing...what veteran of the force does overnights? Unless he's hard up for money, or defective in some way, he should either be doing the day shift, or at least the 4-12. What's up with that?
them all
Laughinggg

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Judged:

death to the murdering cops. Kill em all
God Bless him

Monroe Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2008

Laughinggg wrote:
All the cop apologists refuse to discuss one thing: How did this cop, running from a car driving toward him (or being dragged, or whatever), manage to fire five times and hit the kid ALL FIVE TIMES???
This doesn't even happen in movies--at least, for some semblance of believability, Hollywood lets the "supercop" star of the film miss once or twice while shooting at the fleeing suspect.
Here's what happened--the cop pulled over a dark skinned kid driving a nice sports car, questioned him as to whether he was an illegal, then freaked and fired five times at point blank range when the kid twitched.
That leaves the one detail that bothers me--what was the cop doing INSIDE the car at some point? Was he "cruising" in his cruiser? Did the kid get pulled over by a sexual predator, and then panicked and fled only to be hunted down and murdered?
I guess we'll wait for the investigation to figure this all out.
may he rest in peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Wharton News Video

•••
Wharton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wharton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••