Manchin: We need coal-to-gas plant

Aug 17, 2011 Full story: Williamson Daily News Online 26

By MICHAEL BROWNING Staff Writer U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin said progress on the proposed coal-to-gas plant in Mingo County is moving along slowly, but the project is still alive.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lets

Charleston, WV

#21 Apr 18, 2012
some of the gas wells in our area belong to other countries now. thats who came by your house a few years ago test for gas. we have gas in this area, on 119 there are alot bussiness that get people stopping by them every day. whats bad for mingo county has not done mush along 119 to help the county there only a few bussiness in the county must of the bussiness are in pike county where our police go to eat
Ridge Runner

Logan, WV

#22 Apr 18, 2012
memyselfandi wrote:
you took that very wrong...I am all for putting jobs on the table but when something good happens around here they give our jobs to all the out of towners not us.....we are the coal miners here.right here mingo co miners not from virginia we need jobs sorry for not saying that right
Hopefully, once the plant begins operating there will be a need for more coal and more coal miners. But, people will also be needed to work at the plant itself and I wonder if we have local people who are trained and qualify for the jobs the plant will bring. I do know that if I were looking for a job at this plant, I'd be doing all I could to fine out what jobs will be available and making sure I was qualified.
PUBLICOFFICE

Eslöv, Sweden

#23 Apr 25, 2012
right on
Senior

Sliven, Bulgaria

#24 Apr 25, 2012
Were screwed!
memyselfandi2

United States

#25 Apr 25, 2012
memyselfandi wrote:
if they dont mine coal here in wv they better be thinking of a good china name for this place and also them other jobs you talking about wont be there either coal is all wv has going for it heck you look around
good point that is a perfect reason for job reform. demand diversity!
2 posts removed
lets

Charleston, WV

#28 May 13, 2012
more coal closed being lost in 2 more counties. and some mines closed with fines on 44

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wharncliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WVSP make Drug and DUI arrest; Other criminal c... Dec 9 Good Job 3
Who is the sexiest man on Ben Creek (Feb '13) Oct '14 sallybaby 19
Hit and run Sep '14 Forrest Gump 2
Community alert (May '10) Sep '14 Concerned 3
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Winner 1,765
Last decendant buried in Hatfield C... Jul '14 hatfield 1
tats (Apr '14) Apr '14 joe bob 1
Wharncliffe Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wharncliffe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wharncliffe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wharncliffe

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News