Manchin: We need coal-to-gas plant

Manchin: We need coal-to-gas plant

There are 26 comments on the Williamson Daily News Online story from Aug 17, 2011, titled Manchin: We need coal-to-gas plant. In it, Williamson Daily News Online reports that:

By MICHAEL BROWNING Staff Writer U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin said progress on the proposed coal-to-gas plant in Mingo County is moving along slowly, but the project is still alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Williamson Daily News Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wvginsenghunter

AOL

#1 Mar 31, 2012
anyone know of any work going on at this project
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#2 Mar 31, 2012
Alive, but on life support. President told the Coal Companies he would put them out of business, and he nearly has done it.
coal to gas

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 12, 2012
If anyone knows anything about this please post it. We need this in this area really bad. I hate when they promise and promise something and never finish it. Why promise something and never do anything with it? Just another reason why we need new politicians in this area.
Ridge Runner

Elkview, WV

#4 Apr 13, 2012
I just called the Mingo County Redevelopment Agency and was informed the plant was still a work-in-progress. Dozers are at the site which is being prepared for building and additional funding is still be sought. I've suggested that the agency place a status report of this plant on their website. I hope that people who would like to work at this plant are making plans to make sure they are trained for the jobs it will provide. This should be one of the best economic boons in Mingo County's history and I wish all the people involved who haved worked so hard to see this happen the best of success.
Slang Blade

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2012
They have built a big parking lot that will hold 2500 cars.They are now pouring footers for bildings.I think it will work out well,an be a great asset for mingo county.
boogie

Peach Creek, WV

#6 Apr 13, 2012
I dont know if this info sheds any light on the CTL plant in mingo or not but I have been trying to find out info ever since the ground breaking last May. Last summer the federal Rail authority people came into logan peach creek railyard in a rail inspection coach being pulled by a Norfolk Southern engine. Keep in mind they were on CSX tracks. I heard that they rode to West Gilbert at Bucks loadout and stopped. They were under the impression that the track was still open through Gilbert and the tie in above the Harless center with norfolk southern tracks. They left after seeing this was not the case, the csx track is paved over at west gilbert. Now csx has a contract crew at west gilbert dropping new rail ties as of yesterday. Looks like a complete track upgrade. Bucks loadout is the only money maker up there from man to gilbert. Why would csx spend huge money to service one 25car coal loadout? I think they are going to reopen the tie in with NS to be able to haul coal down gilbert creek and service the CTL plant. What do you think? Any info will help.
memyselfandi

Dixie, WV

#7 Apr 16, 2012
i hope it blows the hell up ---if not they will give the jobs tp everyone from virginia or KY or ohio anyone but you
lets

Saint Albans, WV

#8 Apr 16, 2012
the dozer work is called strip mining not leveling the land, thats how they get away with only a few permits
memyselfandi

Dixie, WV

#9 Apr 16, 2012
fuckum
sees stupid people

Chapmanville, WV

#10 Apr 16, 2012
memyselfandi wrote:
i hope it blows the hell up ---if not they will give the jobs tp everyone from virginia or KY or ohio anyone but you
Your a real Sh%^ for brains you know that? I doubt you do..I hope your family starves like the rest of us if they don't make this happen with coal. Now, I'll take fries with that you ignorant pos.
sees stupid people

Chapmanville, WV

#11 Apr 16, 2012
lets wrote:
the dozer work is called strip mining not leveling the land, thats how they get away with only a few permits
Hope they level your land on the way to prosperity and progress because obviously your brain dead without purpose. Without mining this area would be the same as a 3rd world country with less then livible conditions so keep on bitchin'..be careful what you wish for.
lets

Elizabeth, WV

#12 Apr 17, 2012
there are alot more jobs other than coal mining in our area just open your eyes, coal mining does not feed everyone and it does not keep these jobs going also
lets

Elizabeth, WV

#13 Apr 17, 2012
alot of coal mining job go to out of state workers that live in kentucky or virgina not for the people of wva. open your eyes people
lets

Elizabeth, WV

#14 Apr 17, 2012
it said in the williamson daily that alot of work from out of state will build it and run it so how is this going to help us that much
America Is Not The Same

Miami Beach, FL

#15 Apr 17, 2012
Manchin is from a coal mining family. He will reassure the WV miners come FIRST as he always has!!!!
America Is Not The Same

Miami Beach, FL

#16 Apr 17, 2012
lets wrote:
there are alot more jobs other than coal mining in our area just open your eyes, coal mining does not feed everyone and it does not keep these jobs going also
Coal will be the major fuel of the future.

China has a hight interest in coal
Ridge Runner

Elkview, WV

#17 Apr 17, 2012
lets wrote:
it said in the williamson daily that alot of work from out of state will build it and run it so how is this going to help us that much
The employer would be foolish not to hire the most qualified no matter where they come from. There is time before this plant is completed for prospective employees to learn what jobs will be available and get the training for them. These jobs are not going to land in anyone's lap out of the clear blue sky. You have to be ready and qualified for them.
lets

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Apr 17, 2012
afew of the job are to people out of this country, from where they have build plants this before
memyselfandi

Dixie, WV

#19 Apr 17, 2012
you took that very wrong...I am all for putting jobs on the table but when something good happens around here they give our jobs to all the out of towners not us.....we are the coal miners here.right here mingo co miners not from virginia we need jobs sorry for not saying that right
memyselfandi

Dixie, WV

#20 Apr 17, 2012
if they dont mine coal here in wv they better be thinking of a good china name for this place and also them other jobs you talking about wont be there either coal is all wv has going for it heck you look around

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wharncliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr DiamondsWild 4,091
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jan '17 Super Homo 1,768
july party (Jun '15) Jun '16 cyndi 5
Ben creek woman (Jan '16) Jan '16 Sheryl 6
What about that Ben creek woman ? (Jan '16) Jan '16 Baffled 1
bencreek woman (Dec '15) Jan '16 thom 7
to lil. joe runyon (Jul '15) Jul '15 New Post 2

Wharncliffe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wharncliffe Mortgages