Comments
29,081 - 29,100 of 56,648 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31905
Nov 21, 2013
 
Your first sentence says it all!

For the GOP Job Outsourcers’ Bill of Rights that makes it easier for corporations to send American jobs overseas and weakens the rights of middle class workers – allowing employers to relocate their operations to punish employees for exercising their rights to organize, demand better benefits and safer working conditions, and ensure a full day’s pay for an honest day’s work.[Vote 711, 9/15/11, AFL-CIO]

Against the Democratic budget that rewards companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, eliminates tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas, as proposed by President Obama, and closes loopholes that allow businesses to avoid taxes by sheltering earnings in foreign tax havens.[Vote 150, 3/29/12]

Against considering the Bring Jobs Home Act – the President’s proposal to reward companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, and to eliminate tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas.[The Record, Vote 456, 7/10/12]

Against stopping businesses that outsource American jobs from receiving a 20 percent business tax deduction.[Times Republican, Vote 176, 4/19/12]

Against stopping companies that ship jobs overseas from taking advantage of the repeal of the medical device tax.[Vote 360, 6/7/12]

Against ending government contracts that reward corporations that ship American jobs overseas.[Release, Vote 19, 1/25/11]

Against considering the U.S. Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act to help revitalize a U.S. call center industry that has lost over 500,000 jobs just in the past six years. The measure includes incentives to reduce outsourcing by requiring call centers to notify the Secretary of Labor at least 120 days before relocating outside of the U.S., and giving preference in contracts to employers who keep their call centers at home.[Paramus Post, Vote 381, 6/19/12]

Against a measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America, protecting the authority of the National Labor Relations Board to order an employer to maintain or restore jobs in the U.S. that would otherwise be outsourced to a foreign country.[Vote 710, 9/15/11]

Against a measure to discourage outsourcing by denying the underlying bill’s pro-corporation election rules for companies that ship American jobs overseas and leveling the playing field for workers in union elections.[Vote 868, 11/30/11]

Against an effort to require work performed under intelligence contracts be first provided to U.S. companies and workers, and not outsourced to foreign-owned companies.[Release, Vote 300, 5/31/12]

Against a measure to encourage that oil and gas leases be awarded to companies that avoid outsourcing American jobs and that use U.S.-made materials.[Release, Vote 409, 6/21/12]

Against a measure to ensure that mining companies that receive American permits for mineral exploration not outsource American jobs and make a good faith effort to purchase American mining equipment.[Release, Vote 467, 7/12/12]

Against a measure to help close overseas tax havens by giving the Treasury Department greater powers to investigate offshore tax abuses and crack down on offenders and banks that aid them, which could reduce the deficit by as much as nearly $1 billion.[Vote 344, 6/6/12]
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31906
Nov 21, 2013
 
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>because america is BROKE. THOSE 300 BILLS - HOW ARE WE GOING TO PAY FOR THEM ALL ... IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ? p.s. money doesnt grow on trees. tell that to melissa too.
There is plenty of money, our government just chooses to waste most of it. How many unneeded tanks to we have laying around? How about the incredibly stupid f-35 boondoggle. a plane nobody want to fly, we dont need, and its outrageously expensive(and doesnt even work right). How about the billion the repubs want to add to the farm bill to protect rich farmers(themselves) while at the same time trying to slash food stamps. I could go on and on at the government wasteful spending. How about the 50 billion in foreign aid we give away every year? 50 billion would build alot of ramps for out wounded soldiers.
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31907
Nov 21, 2013
 
George wrote:
<quoted text>How our government officials can sleep at night is beyond me. They send these young men and women off to war and then refuse to properly take care of them when they get home. Deplorable.
I agree they are loved when they are fighting but then they are on their own.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31908
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Republicans tried to elect an ass who closed plants here and sent them over seas. Not to mention his own personal bank accounts in off shore bands so he didn't have to pay taxes.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31909
Nov 21, 2013
 
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
Your first sentence says it all!
For the GOP Job Outsourcers’ Bill of Rights that makes it easier for corporations to send American jobs overseas and weakens the rights of middle class workers – allowing employers to relocate their operations to punish employees for exercising their rights to organize, demand better benefits and safer working conditions, and ensure a full day’s pay for an honest day’s work.[Vote 711, 9/15/11, AFL-CIO]
Against the Democratic budget that rewards companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, eliminates tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas, as proposed by President Obama, and closes loopholes that allow businesses to avoid taxes by sheltering earnings in foreign tax havens.[Vote 150, 3/29/12]
Against considering the Bring Jobs Home Act – the President’s proposal to reward companies that choose to invest in or bring back jobs to America with a 20 percent tax credit, and to eliminate tax advantages for companies moving jobs overseas.[The Record, Vote 456, 7/10/12]
Against stopping businesses that outsource American jobs from receiving a 20 percent business tax deduction.[Times Republican, Vote 176, 4/19/12]
Against stopping companies that ship jobs overseas from taking advantage of the repeal of the medical device tax.[Vote 360, 6/7/12]
Against ending government contracts that reward corporations that ship American jobs overseas.[Release, Vote 19, 1/25/11]
Against considering the U.S. Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act to help revitalize a U.S. call center industry that has lost over 500,000 jobs just in the past six years. The measure includes incentives to reduce outsourcing by requiring call centers to notify the Secretary of Labor at least 120 days before relocating outside of the U.S., and giving preference in contracts to employers who keep their call centers at home.[Paramus Post, Vote 381, 6/19/12]
Against a measure that places a priority on keeping jobs in America, protecting the authority of the National Labor Relations Board to order an employer to maintain or restore jobs in the U.S. that would otherwise be outsourced to a foreign country.[Vote 710, 9/15/11]
Against a measure to discourage outsourcing by denying the underlying bill’s pro-corporation election rules for companies that ship American jobs overseas and leveling the playing field for workers in union elections.[Vote 868, 11/30/11]
Against an effort to require work performed under intelligence contracts be first provided to U.S. companies and workers, and not outsourced to foreign-owned companies.[Release, Vote 300, 5/31/12]
Against a measure to encourage that oil and gas leases be awarded to companies that avoid outsourcing American jobs and that use U.S.-made materials.[Release, Vote 409, 6/21/12]
Against a measure to ensure that mining companies that receive American permits for mineral exploration not outsource American jobs and make a good faith effort to purchase American mining equipment.[Release, Vote 467, 7/12/12]
Against a measure to help close overseas tax havens by giving the Treasury Department greater powers to investigate offshore tax abuses and crack down on offenders and banks that aid them, which could reduce the deficit by as much as nearly $1 billion.[Vote 344, 6/6/12]
jesus, i started off reading your big long drivel and right off the bat you accuse republicans. CLINTOON SIGNED NAFTA. outsourcing and flat out giving away middle class jobs. even he said it was a mistake. you dumb libbys come on here just to piss me off dont you. i didnt bother reading the rest of your crap.
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31910
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

http://news.yahoo.com/key-lawmakers-meet-ahea...
Congress is more than a year late in writing the bill due to insistence by conservative House Republicans on large cuts in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, which helps low-income Americans buy groceries.

Republicans voted down a bill in June - the first defeat for a farm bill in the House - because they wanted deeper cuts than those on offer.

Besides food stamps, the House and Senate disagree on crop subsidy reforms, the creation of a new dairy support program, whether to require farmers to practice conservation to qualify for subsidized crop insurance, and foreign food aid reform.

For farmers, the centerpiece of the bill would be an expansion of taxpayer-subsidized crop insurance by $1 billion a year, or 10 percent. It would shift the focus of the farm program to protection of farmer revenue, with the government assuring up to 90 percent of average revenue.

The Senate bill would save $23 billion over 10 years, chiefly by trimming crop subsidies and conservation programs. The House bill would save more than twice as much, with food stamps accounting for most of the savings.

==========

And to repeat the important part. Look at republican hypocrisy, no money for hungry people but they want to subsidize RICh farmers revenues. Interestingly enough many Repubs get farm welfare already to the tune of MILLIONS. Mr Fincher-R-Tenn has received of 13.4 MILLION dollars the last 13 years in farm WELFARE and continually votes to slash food stamps. 13.4 million for one guy who is already rich, that would buy alot of ramps.

For farmers, the centerpiece of the bill would be an expansion of taxpayer-subsidized crop insurance by $1 billion a year, or 10 percent. It would shift the focus of the farm program to protection of farmer revenue, with the government assuring up to 90 percent of average revenue.
George

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31911
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How many ramps for vets and food for hungry people would over 20 BILLION we lost due to a Republican temper tantrum that achieved NOTHING bought?
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31913
Nov 21, 2013
 
George wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of money, our government just chooses to waste most of it. How many unneeded tanks to we have laying around? How about the incredibly stupid f-35 boondoggle. a plane nobody want to fly, we dont need, and its outrageously expensive(and doesnt even work right). How about the billion the repubs want to add to the farm bill to protect rich farmers(themselves) while at the same time trying to slash food stamps. I could go on and on at the government wasteful spending. How about the 50 billion in foreign aid we give away every year? 50 billion would build alot of ramps for out wounded soldiers.
yes, agreed, waste. eliminate waste and we could easily build wheelchair ramps for the troops. 90$ for a clucking toilet seat. rediculous.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31914
Nov 21, 2013
 
you folks do know obama vetos bills that republicans put forth too. dont be so quick to play into the liberal finger pointing blame game.
1 post removed
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31916
Nov 21, 2013
 
George wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/key-lawm akers-meet-ahead-deadline-farm -bill-023016955--business.html
Congress is more than a year late in writing the bill due to insistence by conservative House Republicans on large cuts in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, which helps low-income Americans buy groceries.
Republicans voted down a bill in June - the first defeat for a farm bill in the House - because they wanted deeper cuts than those on offer.
Besides food stamps, the House and Senate disagree on crop subsidy reforms, the creation of a new dairy support program, whether to require farmers to practice conservation to qualify for subsidized crop insurance, and foreign food aid reform.
For farmers, the centerpiece of the bill would be an expansion of taxpayer-subsidized crop insurance by $1 billion a year, or 10 percent. It would shift the focus of the farm program to protection of farmer revenue, with the government assuring up to 90 percent of average revenue.
The Senate bill would save $23 billion over 10 years, chiefly by trimming crop subsidies and conservation programs. The House bill would save more than twice as much, with food stamps accounting for most of the savings.
==========
And to repeat the important part. Look at republican hypocrisy, no money for hungry people but they want to subsidize RICh farmers revenues. Interestingly enough many Repubs get farm welfare already to the tune of MILLIONS. Mr Fincher-R-Tenn has received of 13.4 MILLION dollars the last 13 years in farm WELFARE and continually votes to slash food stamps. 13.4 million for one guy who is already rich, that would buy alot of ramps.
For farmers, the centerpiece of the bill would be an expansion of taxpayer-subsidized crop insurance by $1 billion a year, or 10 percent. It would shift the focus of the farm program to protection of farmer revenue, with the government assuring up to 90 percent of average revenue.
farmers are the reason we are alive. otherwise we would be eating rocks. no-body screws with the farmers. not even democrats. the government has no right to make farmers feed us. if famers are rich then they deserve it.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31917
Nov 21, 2013
 
George wrote:
<quoted text>Show me ONE thing I lied about. I didnt. You just wont accept the fact that the majority of Palestinians support baby murdering suicide bombers. Those poor, poor terrorists. You are a terrorist sympathizer so you say I am lying about Palestinian being scumbags, problem is I provided the evidence to back it up. I really dont give a crap if the likes of you thinks I lied about terrorist scum. I told the TRUTH.
What you just said is a lie. "You just wont accept the fact that the majority of Palestinians support baby murdering suicide bombers." < lie.

i've been to Palestine, I know what it's like. You, however, are unable to see/accept that your government has lied to you. the only evidence you provided me was a list of people killed by terrorists. How does that prove your point? It doesn't. That would be like me posting all of the names of the Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers. What does that prove? Only that Israelis killed Palestinians. You have to look at a whole lot more of the situation than just a list to understand what is happening.

the USA government has been caught up in so many lies recently, why not admit the war in the Middle East has been lied about too? by this point, it's obvious.

i'm a humanitarian, not a "terrorist sympathizer"
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31918
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
Republicans tried to elect an ass who closed plants here and sent them over seas. Not to mention his own personal bank accounts in off shore bands so he didn't have to pay taxes.
here we go again ... hell yes romney has off shore bank accounts. and just who doesnt ? smart people all do it and its legal. obama has shitloads of money in the cayman islands. shut your face melissa, your mouth spits out stupid. do you like to hear your self talk on a computer screen or something.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31919
Nov 21, 2013
 
George wrote:
<quoted text>There is plenty of money, our government just chooses to waste most of it. How many unneeded tanks to we have laying around? How about the incredibly stupid f-35 boondoggle. a plane nobody want to fly, we dont need, and its outrageously expensive(and doesnt even work right). How about the billion the repubs want to add to the farm bill to protect rich farmers(themselves) while at the same time trying to slash food stamps. I could go on and on at the government wasteful spending. How about the 50 billion in foreign aid we give away every year? 50 billion would build alot of ramps for out wounded soldiers.
the USA spends more on military than anything else in the budget by A LOT!

guess how much $$$ we've sent to Israel?

U.S. military aid to Israel was $2.775 billion in 2010,$3 billion in 2011,$3.07 billion in 2012 (and $3.15 billion per year from 2013-2018

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much...

According to the Congressional Research Service , the amount of official US aid to Israel since its founding in 1948 tops $115 billion, and in the past few decades it has been on the order of $3 billion per year.[6](In 2013, for example, this amounted to over $8.5 million every single day.)

http://ifamericansknew.org/stats/cost.html

the US is giving Israel $3 billion in direct foreign aid every year and, according to Congressman James Traficant, another $12-17 billion in indirect aid such as valuable military equipment deemed “scrapped,” loan guarantees, and preferential contracts.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/07/17/how-m...

^^^ this is a veteran's website since you care so much about them, read what they have to say.

http://www.storyleak.com/one-week-us-military... < this is interesting too, says we could end world hunger with the $$$ the USA spends on military in one week. WOW.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31920
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If the American government took the $15-$20 billion it gives Israel every year and put it into a savings account for the 4.5 million babies born p/yr, every American would receive $8,000-$10,500 upon turning 18 years old. In another option, the US government could give the money away in a lottery and make 15k-20k Americans millionaires every year. Either of these options would provide an incredible boost to the US economy. But the truth is that $15-$20 billion per year is probably just scratching the surface when we look at the cost of America’s relationship with Israel.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/07/17/how-m...

so yeah, who knows how much $$ is actually given to Israel from the USA.
beautifulmind

Réthymno, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31921
Nov 21, 2013
 
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>farmers are the reason we are alive. otherwise we would be eating rocks. no-body screws with the farmers. not even democrats. the government has no right to make farmers feed us. if famers are rich then they deserve it.
what about Monsanto "farmers"? or how about industrialized meat plants, such as Tyson and Smithfield? Do they deserve to be rich?

Companies such as those are EXTREMELY rich. They've run all of the small farmers out of business.

something needs to be done about it. they should be shut down.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31922
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>here we go again ... hell yes romney has off shore bank accounts. and just who doesnt ? smart people all do it and its legal. obama has shitloads of money in the cayman islands. shut your face melissa, your mouth spits out stupid. do you like to hear your self talk on a computer screen or something.
Prove it you ignorant ass ####. You just spout crap and NEVER have anything to back it up.

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31923
Nov 21, 2013
 
beautifulmind wrote:
If the American government took the $15-$20 billion it gives Israel every year and put it into a savings account for the 4.5 million babies born p/yr, every American would receive $8,000-$10,500 upon turning 18 years old. In another option, the US government could give the money away in a lottery and make 15k-20k Americans millionaires every year. Either of these options would provide an incredible boost to the US economy. But the truth is that $15-$20 billion per year is probably just scratching the surface when we look at the cost of America’s relationship with Israel.
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/07/17/how-m...
so yeah, who knows how much $$ is actually given to Israel from the USA.
And the money and resources we send to Afghanistan. We need our kids and money out of there. It's been proven no one can change that situation anyway.
I also agree about Israel. We need to take care of our own problems before helping anyone.
Open eyes

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31924
Nov 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Monsanto "farmers"? or how about industrialized meat plants, such as Tyson and Smithfield? Do they deserve to be rich?
Companies such as those are EXTREMELY rich. They've run all of the small farmers out of business.
something needs to be done about it. they should be shut down.
It's disgusting!!! The conditions these animals are raised in are deplorable and unhealthy for animals and humans alike. Not to mention farmland is being taken over with natural gas wells that destroy the land and water.
Concerned Citizen

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31925
Nov 21, 2013
 
Natalie Tennant
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31926
Nov 21, 2013
 
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh My God, I really thought you were smarter than this. I guess not.
What do you mean. I guess you honestly believe no one is abusing the system yep I am the dumb one ROFL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wharncliffe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 1 hr DrLoveBone 175
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) Thu Cow Tipper 8 3,941
Who is the sexiest man on Ben Creek (Feb '13) Aug 4 baby 18
Last decendant buried in Hatfield C... Jul 24 hatfield 1
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) Jun '14 Cathy 5,634
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) May '14 Obamers 1,759
tats Apr '14 joe bob 1

Search the Wharncliffe Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Wharncliffe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wharncliffe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wharncliffe News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wharncliffe
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••